ClubSwan 41 - soft launch or floating an idea?

Jono

Super Anarchist
I've seen a couple of articles about the release of a ClubSwan 41.
At first glance it ticks a lot of my boxes - fixed keel, big cockpit, light, fits in a 14m berth including prod. But it isn't on the Swan website as a model, the release isn't in News and I'm a bit confused. Are they looking to do a full launch at one of the Boat Shows or just floating the design to see who bites?
I can't afford now, but if a few get built soon I might be able to pick up one second hand in a few years.

Matagi

Ambassador of the Republic of R'lyeh
This is the thing:
yysw379129.jpg

Reactions: Mid

bgytr

Super Anarchist
😂
I am more fascinated by what's below the waterline. Look how v-shaped that is from the front.

Looks like Juan K is a secret admirer of Andre Mauric.
Makes for low wetted surface and reduced frontal section area. Notice the difference in waterline beam v. max beam. Good for light air performance.
As soon as there's some heel, righting moment rapidly increases.

bgytr

Super Anarchist
"she is also being conceived to be competitive under ORC Cat. B"

No wonder it looks weird and has a funky keel
Ya ORC with the assumed stability portion of the righting moment calculation make for boats with excessive stability. So you get really wide boats with low CG. Makes for extremely uncomfortable motion characteristics, as well as a huge benefit for those types of designs under the ORC rule. If you don't take advantage of that loophole in the ORC vpp, your design has no hope of being competitive under ORC.

bgytr

Super Anarchist
View attachment 541246
Lovely illustrations. The layout seems somehow rational, except for the missing nav station. I like this boat.

There's more:

The commode is at an angle, looks like about 30 degrees off fore and aft axis . Very difficult to take a dump on a head that is not oriented athwartships (preferred) or fore and aft (not as good as athwartships but works ok) when the boat is heeling and bouncing around. I know this from experience on a few boats designed like this. Terrible as far as functionality.

The commode is at an angle, looks like about 30 degrees off fore and aft axis . Very difficult to take a dump on a head that is not oriented athwartships (preferred) or fore and aft (not as good as athwartships but works ok) when the boat is heeling and bouncing around. I know this from experience on a few boats designed like this. Terrible as far as functionality.
Are we sure that is the commode ant not navigator's seat facing nav station just forward of it?

Parma

Super Anarchist
here
View attachment 541246
Lovely illustrations. The layout seems somehow rational, except for the missing nav station. I like this boat.

There's more:
But, but, but.....it's got 4 hanging lockers. That's not typical (aka rational).

I'm sure it'll be a great boat. The message I get is that the CS36 is dead?

Upp3

Anarchist
I'm sure it'll be a great boat. The message I get is that the CS36 is dead?
Three year old model and 23 boats built... seems it is time to die in this 20 second tiktok world. Also apples and oranges. I think 36's commode is bucket.

Latest posts