coleslaw

Mark K

Super Anarchist
My recipe is very similar, but instead of cabbage substitute BACON. In place of the carrot, use BACON. And finally, as for the onion, again BACON. It's a huge hit in AMERICA!
I've done that one:

Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired. Then overturn bowl over trash can and refill with freshly fried bacon.

Last edited by a moderator:

chinabald

Super Anarchist
You can't have dippy soldiers with an egg boiled for 10 mins / half an hour!

3-4 mins for a soft boiled egg.

About 8 for hard.

job done.

It's interesting that an egg is shaped so well for going up one's arse, considering how anal some people seem to be about this simple cooking task!
we are thisClose to restarting the war between Lilliput and Belifusco (sic?)

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Can we please have threads on:

• How to boil an egg
  • Do you keep eggs in the fridge? in america yes, because we wash off the natural coating, everywhere else, no
  • Recipe for glass of tap water I'll have to ask my polish grandfather, he keeps it with the recipe for ice
  • lemons - slice or quarter? quater a slice, that's pretty expensive, I usually get 10 for a $1

They will undoubtedly be as thrilling as this one...

I'll go with Alton Brown's recipe

Ingredients

1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced

1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced

1 carrot, thinly sliced

1/2 cup buttermilk

2 fluid ounces plain yogurt

2 fluid ounces mayonnaise

1 tablespoon pickle juice

1 teaspoon dry mustard

1 tablespoon chives, chopped

Kosher salt, as needed

1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Generously salt the cabbage and drain in colander for 3 hours. Rinse thoroughly and dry.

In a separate bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the cabbage and carrot. Whisk to combine evenly. Toss the cabbage and carrot with the dressing.

Yield: Preparation time: 3 hours and 30 minutes

Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown

sailingk8

Super Anarchist
The Swamp
Can we please have threads on:

• How to boil an egg
  • Do you keep eggs in the fridge?
  • Recipe for glass of tap water
  • lemons - slice or quarter?
They will undoubtedly be as thrilling as this one...
does anyone have a good recipe for ice?Obtain glass

Approach fridge

Push glass against dispenser on door

Swear

Tip out water

Approach fridge

Push button for ice

Push glass against dispenser

Swear

Toss cubes all over floor in the sink

Give thanks you don't live in a village in Sudan.

I used to be a cook for a supper club in my teens. back than of course the food was just for others to eat, I wasn't too concerned about at home.

I have tried for years to recreate the coleslaw we made than. ( was the owner's recipe) People would always ask for extra slaw with their meal.

after prepping slaw and other sides that could be prepped ahead of time I would go up to the dining floor and man the grill. Once folks figured out I was the one making the slaw I was regularly asked for the recipe. Always said I didn't know it which today is true. LOL

I know it had carrots, cabbage, sugar, and vinegar but there were a few other things as well. it would be hard to make for a family though as I was usaully mixing it in 5 gal buckets LOL
"Supper club." You must be from WI.

Check.

avenger79

WI
I used to be a cook for a supper club in my teens. back than of course the food was just for others to eat, I wasn't too concerned about at home.

I have tried for years to recreate the coleslaw we made than. ( was the owner's recipe) People would always ask for extra slaw with their meal.

after prepping slaw and other sides that could be prepped ahead of time I would go up to the dining floor and man the grill. Once folks figured out I was the one making the slaw I was regularly asked for the recipe. Always said I didn't know it which today is true. LOL

I know it had carrots, cabbage, sugar, and vinegar but there were a few other things as well. it would be hard to make for a family though as I was usaully mixing it in 5 gal buckets LOL

Check.
LOL I knew someone was going to catch that.

Yes I am.

Check.
LOL I knew someone was going to catch that.

Yes I am.
Grew up there and was living in Marinette when I got married. I took my new wife to a supper club somewhere on the lake between Marinette and Oconto, and my wife (from near St. Louis), wondered if we needed to be members.

Members? Huh?

austin1972

Super Anarchist
Go to KFC, get a giant tub of Cole Slaw, give be an oversized spoon and I am set.
Exactly . . .
I think I'm going to KFC over lunch and getting a tub of slaw. I won't eat their chicken but I've got some good brats.

FYI - Nobody is going to believe me but Meijer store brand brats are pretty darn good with horseradish mustard.

I went to get some over the 4th and everything else was wiped out except the lowly store brand.

Everyone raved. There were no survivors for leftovers. $4/package.

avenger79

WI
Go to KFC, get a giant tub of Cole Slaw, give be an oversized spoon and I am set.
Exactly . . .
I think I'm going to KFC over lunch and getting a tub of slaw. I won't eat their chicken but I've got some good brats.

FYI - Nobody is going to believe me but Meijer store brand brats are pretty darn good with horseradish mustard.

I went to get some over the 4th and everything else was wiped out except the lowly store brand.

BRATS? !! and they say I am from WI. sure you can put IL in your location but you must be a WI transplant. LOL

dammit now I want a brat or two.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
atefooterz said:
Anyone not spending at least 30mins to boil an egg is not trying!

HEAT over high heat just to boiling. REMOVE from burner. COVER pan.

LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 12 minutes for large eggs (9 minutes for medium eggs;

15 minutes for extra large).

Shell will peel off easily when cooled.
You guys are all doing it wrong... Just put the eggs in a pan, put about 1/4" of H20 in pan. Put on lid, heat on high for 3-6 mins depending on how done you want em. Eggs will steam to perfection, you waste less H20, they are done way quicker as you don't have to get the H20 up to temp and they come out perfect every time (also avoids the dreaded eggs cracking on each other with a hard boil)...

austin1972

Super Anarchist
Exactly . . .

BRATS? !! and they say I am from WI. sure you can put IL in your location but you must be a WI transplant. LOL

dammit now I want a brat or two.
I went to school at Ripon College, in Ripon, WI. I worked at the Fon du lac and Oshkosh bicycle shops turning a wrench.

Didn't have a car, so I biked it to the shops. On a rainy day, I bit it on 44 taking a left onto the main drag b/c of a stupid wet manhole cover (probably made at the Neenah foundry). Slammed into the curb and taco'ed my rim.

Worked all day bleeding road rash and then stayed after hours building a new Mavic rim with a Phil Wood hub for my bike that ate all my income for the week.

That said, I love Wisconsin.

I may have commandeered a pontoon boat from the marina during our senior class party to take a bunch of classmates for rides. The marina owner might have been aboard too but it's a little fuzzy. I don't recall much except pulling up to the bible camp's dock on Green Lake so folks could take a pee.

I'd kill to have that energy these days. I don't miss the stupid.

Latest posts