Colorado

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
This is from the story as it appeared in the Chicago Tribune:

”It was Colorado’s worst mass shooting since a gunman killed 10 people at a Boulder supermarket March 22.”

A whole 7 weeks.  This is insane.

Bus Driver

Cunning Linguist
Timur said:
You peeps are terribly sarcastic.  I'm sure the GOP sentiments of "thoughts and prayers" are sincere and those GOPers really do think and pray for the victims to great affect.

58ytxv.jpeg

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
This is from the story as it appeared in the Chicago Tribune:

”It was Colorado’s worst mass shooting since a gunman killed 10 people at a Boulder supermarket March 22.”

A whole 7 weeks.  This is insane.
Well this one is in the springs.  The hotbed of GOP insanity in the state...  We like to spread the wealth....  

Bus Driver

Cunning Linguist
I am sure if she had been there with one of her AR's from her office shelf, she could have prevented it.   Her likely response will be "if more people around there were armed, they could have stopped it".
Yep.  Because good guys with guns have superior aim and discipline.  And, because they wear white hats, they are never mistaken for the bad guys with guns.

Seriously, why do people think more bullets flying through the air is a good idea.  Then, the cops show up and how the fuck do they know who is a good guy and who is the criminal?

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Timur said:
You peeps are terribly sarcastic.  I'm sure the GOP sentiments of "thoughts and prayers" are sincere and those GOPers really do think and pray for the victims to great affect.
I think you forgot something. 

image.png

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
No words

(CNN)A gunman opened fire at a family birthday party in Colorado Springs on Sunday, leaving six people dead and a community in mourning.
The mass shooting was far from the only one in the US in recent days. There were at least nine mass shootings in the country over the weekend that combined left at least 15 people dead and 30 more wounded, according to CNN reporting and an analysis of data
from Gun Violence Archive (GVA), local media and police reports.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/10/us/us-weekend-mass-shootings/index.html

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Why does anyone even pay attention to these incidents?

It's like commenting on and fretting about the weather.

It ain't gonna change so just accept it and move on.

After stocking up on guns & ammo so you'll be safe.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
El Mariachi said:
I see that yet once again....the term 'Mass Shootings' gets re-defined as to fit someone's desired narrative.

{sigh}.....
El FBI no tiene una definición de tiroteo masivo. Solo tienen una definición de asesinato en masa. La definición más aceptada de un tiroteo masivo, entonces, es como un incidente único en el que cuatro o más personas son asesinadas a tiros.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
El Mariachi said:
I see that yet once again....the term 'Mass Shootings' gets re-defined as to fit someone's desired narrative.

{sigh}.....
I can never remember, is that a shooting at a Catholic church? Or is it when somebody shoots a fat person?

- DSK

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
I am sure if she had been there with one of her AR's from her office shelf, she could have prevented it.   Her likely response will be "if more people around there were armed, they could have stopped it".
It's Colorado springs.  it's military and the academy is there.  They have Plenty of gunz as Jeffy can attest to.  He went to the academy, My dog just shit on the parade grounds...  LOL

mikewof

mikewof
It's Colorado springs.  it's military and the academy is there.  They have Plenty of gunz as Jeffy can attest to.  He went to the academy, My dog just shit on the parade grounds...  LOL
JBSF went to the Air Force Academy?

Holy shit, I didn't know that. It's insanely hard to get in unless you lost a parent in a war or are best buddies with a Senator. Failing those you have to be driven and intelligent. I'm impressed, that's a serious accomplishment for our JBSF.

mikewof

mikewof
El Mariachi said:
I've met Jeff and have had numerous phone conversations with him. Trust me, he's about the smartest fuker in this fuking room that is called PA....which is chockfull of stupid fuks who shouldn't be allowed to touch anything more complicated....than a ham sandwich.....
Back when I was about to graduate from high school, I got this wild tick up my arse that I wanted to go to the Air Force Academy. I had some flight hours, I was half decent at drinking Moosehead beer and eating burritos, my mom used to work for the Air Force Academy, it seemed like a perfect fit. I spent all of three hours actually learning what's involved to get in there ...

Remember that Mike Ness line from Social D ...

Well I went downtown to look for a job
I had no training no experience to speak of
and I looked at the holes in my jeans
and turned and headed back

I looked at my grades ... mostly C's, about as much academic credential as three years worth of Moosehead and burritos would warrant and I realized that I wasn't ever, ever going to get into the United State Air Force Academy. But if I had straight A's and a brain unfuzzed by cheap beer and half-decent cigarettes, I still wouldn't have been able to get into the USAF Academy. So it's a big deal that JBSF graduated from there, a huge deal. Anyway, at least I still have Social D ... life goes by so fast ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
El Mariachi said:
I've met Jeff and have had numerous phone conversations with him. Trust me, he's about the smartest fuker in this fuking room that is called PA....which is chockfull of stupid fuks who shouldn't be allowed to touch anything more complicated....than a ham sandwich.....
Well, he's smarter than to brag about all the recreational drugs he's taken over the years. That right there makes him a hell of a lot smarter than 50% of the people in this exchange

- DSK