Comanche

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
If there are more crew jumping ship from Oats there has to be a motive.? Does the motive stem from Captain Hair dye or the ownership side? Perhaps Hammo in August will give us a small preview? Or were they wrenched by Winning Junior? :unsure: Interesting times...

pulpit

Super Anarchist
I think you will find it's a 2 part story with the big fella and the Oats crew.

I think that you will find it's the skiff connection that will get the Big Fella and any of the other crew from Oats on the new crew of Comanche while the Winning Jr has the boat.

As far as the Oats Program moving forward ? I think the sun is setting on that program as it was and that the Oats family don't want to spend any more on the boat. After all it was Bob's toy and the rest of the Oats crew need to find a new boat to sail.

Now I wonder if Whorro is eyeing off Oats off as an upgrade after all the boat comes with lots of spares and a very good sail inventory ?

Now that would put a cat among the pigeons

Pulpit

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas

I think that you will find it's the skiff connection that will get the Big Fella and any of the other crew from Oats on the new crew of Comanche while the Winning Jr has the boat.

As far as the Oats Program moving forward ? I think the sun is setting on that program as it was and that the Oats family don't want to spend any more on the boat. After all it was Bob's toy and the rest of the Oats crew need to find a new boat to sail.

Now I wonder if Whorro is eyeing off Oats off as an upgrade after all the boat comes with lots of spares and a very good sail inventory ?

Pulpit
Does the spares inventory include this?

DAB882B2-B3FE-4FC5-B9B9-11D337AA73C4.jpeg

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne

Pulpit

This makes sense Pulpit and yes you are bang on reckon Wharro could be licking his lips but the boat will be out of his price range they picked up the Botin80 for a steal but doubt Wild Oats will go that cheap.

pulpit

Super Anarchist

Pulpit

This makes sense Pulpit and yes you are bang on reckon Wharro could be licking his lips but the boat will be out of his price range they picked up the Botin80 for a steal but doubt Wild Oats will go that cheap.
Terra,
At this stage I'd agree with you and they would be asking top $$$ at this stage anyway.

The thing is give it 12 - 18 months and let's see what happens. The Russians are being stopped from buying the big boats due to the war, The USA is on the verge of a recession and Wall st isn't doing well, Europe and UK are struggling as well with inflation and the war in Russia isn't helping them any, Asia isn't a big sailing area and will end up struggling as well and We are going to struggle in Australia as well with 7% + inflation and interest rates going up as well by the end of the year. So a few tuff years ahead.

I can see the Oatley wanting to get ride off the boat. After all it was Bob's toy and we are told/ hear that Sandy is the only other member that sails regularly and the rest of the family want it gone.

So the price on Wild Oats is going to drop as no one will want or maybe able to spend the money on her.

I can see Whorro putting a buyers group together like he has done with the Bolton 80.

Only time will tell.

Pulpit

PIL66 - XL2

Super Anarchist
Stralya
Terra,
At this stage I'd agree with you and they would be asking top $$$ at this stage anyway.

The thing is give it 12 - 18 months and let's see what happens. The Russians are being stopped from buying the big boats due to the war, The USA is on the verge of a recession and Wall st isn't doing well, Europe and UK are struggling as well with inflation and the war in Russia isn't helping them any, Asia isn't a big sailing area and will end up struggling as well and We are going to struggle in Australia as well with 7% + inflation and interest rates going up as well by the end of the year. So a few tuff years ahead.

I can see the Oatley wanting to get ride off the boat. After all it was Bob's toy and we are told/ hear that Sandy is the only other member that sails regularly and the rest of the family want it gone.

So the price on Wild Oats is going to drop as no one will want or maybe able to spend the money on her.

I can see Whorro putting a buyers group together like he has done with the Bolton 80.

Only time will tell.

Pulpit
Witty is still in the mix... his people could finance WO....
Let's sit back and see how Herman's program of skiffies goes..... It's not a boat you just get on with your mates and go... it bites.

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
Harburg tried to buy WOXI & I wouldn’t be surprised if Winning put feelers out before going around the world to get the big girl. Hard pass for Witty & Warro, they got a boat that’s just as quick already.

Blackmore, Langmen stretch for a couple of years, upgrade for Beck?,Phil Turner wanna have a chop at a big one after putting on a show for the BJ boys in their old boat, Matt Allen want to get a LH trophy? Rupert Henry, Karl Kwok?

LionIsland

Pittwater
Question for you knowledgeable folk.
Hopefully not covered previously but anyways…
Looking at Andoo at Woolwich pic on the Anarchy home page story “The Boys are back in Town" I was wondering why are the canards raked inboard downward (as my boards are oddly on my cat but with the designer once giving me a technical reason why that had my eyes glazing over).

However, a mono would tend to be heeling quite a bit more than a cat (generally) so lowering an angled in canard wouldn’t give that much sideways grip, would it? Or do they lower the windward canard? That would be odd.
Please explain.

DickDastardly

Super Anarchist
Syderney
Question for you knowledgeable folk.
Hopefully not covered previously but anyways…
Looking at Andoo at Woolwich pic on the Anarchy home page story “The Boys are back in Town" I was wondering why are the canards raked inboard downward (as my boards are oddly on my cat but with the designer once giving me a technical reason why that had my eyes glazing over).

However, a mono would tend to be heeling quite a bit more than a cat (generally) so lowering an angled in canard wouldn’t give that much sideways grip, would it? Or do they lower the windward canard? That would be odd.
Please explain.
Designed to create lift as well as side force

pulpit

Super Anarchist

I guess once someone holds onto it for a couple of years and needs to make it faster.
The thing is who has the coin to spend on the foils and how much would they weight ?

Most of the IMOCA boats have had 2 or 3 sets of foils just to get them right / breakages and are a few hundred kgs' each foil and the boats are only 7.5 - 9 t.

Comanche weights in at 30 t, you would have to have foils that weight close to 1000 kg's + each foil.

I can't see any advantage to J foils on Comanche unless you are sailing long distance record breaking attempts and even then I think it would be limited

Pulpit

LB 15

Cunt
Harburg tried to buy WOXI & I wouldn’t be surprised if Winning put feelers out before going around the world to get the big girl. Hard pass for Witty & Warro, they got a boat that’s just as quick already.

Blackmore, Langmen stretch for a couple of years, upgrade for Beck?,Phil Turner wanna have a chop at a big one after putting on a show for the BJ boys in their old boat, Matt Allen want to get a LH trophy? Rupert Henry, Karl Kwok?
I chip in a $1000 if you want to put together a syndicate Scanas, but only if I don’t have to go up the front of the tennis court.

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
I chip in a $1000 if you want to put together a syndicate Scanas, but only if I don’t have to go up the front of the tennis court.
I shall track down Sandy O @ Hamo & present the offer. We should bypass the EOI form & go straight to contract, we want to show him we are serious!

Do hope it stays in OZ & someone with a serious backing buys it. Any of the Aussie Olympic sailors got a billionaire family money to fund it??