Congressional Cup

PeterHuston

Super Anarchist
Just watched one of the best races I've seen in a long time, Canfield and Williams.  TV coverage is exceptional, great use of drones, even Tucker with Jeffrey Peterson and Dennis Durgan are really good - great to see the bookends of experience in Durgan and Peterson and speaking to each other as equals doing commentary.  Long Beach YC does an amazing job with this regatta.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Just watched one of the best races I've seen in a long time, Canfield and Williams.  TV coverage is exceptional, great use of drones, even Tucker with Jeffrey Peterson and Dennis Durgan are really good - great to see the bookends of experience in Durgan and Peterson and speaking to each other as equals doing commentary.  Long Beach YC does an amazing job with this regatta.
Thanks for the link.  Watching.

PeterHuston

Super Anarchist
Peterson makes this watchable. Tucker still doesn’t grasp sailing or tactics. 
Jeffery was brought up old skool by Andy Rose and the It's Ok bunch.  Andy had the benefit of sailing in the best era of IOR on some of the best boats, with owners like Kilroy.  He decided he needed to do much the same as Kilroy did for him, so he and co-owners Tom Purcell and the late Lew Beery made it a mission to bring younger guys onboard and they called them "the yutes" after My Cousin Vinnie. Andy also led Balboa YC Governor's Cup growth into what it is now when he ran the fundraising to build the first fleet of Gov Cup 20's and then the 22's while at the same time bringing along a bunch of yutes that are now world class sailors.  Basically, Andy et al gave Jeffery the platform and opportunities to be mentored by some of the best match racers in the world, and the results speak for themselves with the rise of kids that have come through the Gov Cup program and Jeffery's obvious command of the discipline which he articulates very well.   

pbd

Super Anarchist
Ca
Jeffery was brought up old skool by Andy Rose and the It's Ok bunch.  Andy had the benefit of sailing in the best era of IOR on some of the best boats, with owners like Kilroy.  He decided he needed to do much the same as Kilroy did for him, so he and co-owners Tom Purcell and the late Lew Beery made it a mission to bring younger guys onboard and they called them "the yutes" after My Cousin Vinnie. Andy also led Balboa YC Governor's Cup growth into what it is now when he ran the fundraising to build the first fleet of Gov Cup 20's and then the 22's while at the same time bringing along a bunch of yutes that are now world class sailors.  Basically, Andy et al gave Jeffery the platform and opportunities to be mentored by some of the best match racers in the world, and the results speak for themselves with the rise of kids that have come through the Gov Cup program and Jeffery's obvious command of the discipline which he articulates very well.   
I talked with Jeffrey earlier this week at one of the regatta events, he's a bright articulate young man who represents the sport very well.

Big Show

Super Anarchist
T'ic' o' Fog
His was excellent commentary yesterday. Enjoyed it. 

Today Tucker was way better. Maybe yesterday he had too many Bloody Marie’s. PH, the background appreciated. I was going off face value for Thursday. 

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
I dislike listening to Tucker's banter. Inane and out of context, for the most part.

At the other end of the spectrum, there were Durgan's single-syllable utterances in response to Tucker's prodding. Just as bad...

sunseeker

Super Anarchist
I dislike listening to Tucker's banter. Inane and out of context, for the most part.

At the other end of the spectrum, there were Durgan's single-syllable utterances in response to Tucker's prodding. Just as bad...
I used to turn off anything that Tucker was involved with, he sounded like a late ‘60’s game show host. I think he’s mellowed a fair amount and is far better than he used to be. Durgan has never been noted for his oratory prowess. Pearson Potts was pretty funny yesterday. I think the best on the water analyst is Genny Tulloch, wish she did more of that like she used to for the Super Series, but she’s got a real job now. Or better yet, she should be driving.