Coolboats to admire

Ishmael

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Fuctifino
I posted this in the thread in SA that used to be about the giant plywood cat, however it's pretty neat so I'm cross-posting here.

outdoorsy-stuff-9.jpg

http://www.marijnbeije.nl/

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
When you consider that those boats probably cost north of $200K back in the 70's what do you expect for a $20K ask?

They will provide a hell of a lot of fun for little more than a new carbon gennie would cost.

You better like working on them though.

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
attachicon.gif
IMG_1035.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_1092.jpg

Another cool boat, Tatoosh, built for Boo Paschall, a Ben Seaborn design built in Seattle at Vic Frank's. Owned by Peter Fonda for years and now owned by a Seattle owner for 22 years. She is going to do a loop to the South Pacific this summer for old time's sake.
Oh no!.... another classic beauty doomed by an offset hatch!!

TatooshNorthbound_zpscbc8d44c.jpg
All is not lost. At least that companionway is to starboard.

Trickypig

Super Anarchist
Australia
I posted this in the thread in SA that used to be about the giant plywood cat, however it's pretty neat so I'm cross-posting here.

outdoorsy-stuff-9.jpg

http://www.marijnbeije.nl/
Nice concept. But it looks somewhat under-engineered to my eye. Unless it's a model?
No they're serious click through to the manufacturer's site.. you can buy one.

It's an Ecolodge. It says it has a crapper and a shower but I can't see that.

Those crazy Dutch.

JBE

Auckland, NZ
aw hell, I'm in big trouble, mine is offset to port.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1035.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_1092.jpg

Another cool boat, Tatoosh, built for Boo Paschall, a Ben Seaborn design built in Seattle at Vic Frank's. Owned by Peter Fonda for years and now owned by a Seattle owner for 22 years. She is going to do a loop to the South Pacific this summer for old time's sake.
Oh no!.... another classic beauty doomed by an offset hatch!!

TatooshNorthbound_zpscbc8d44c.jpg
All is not lost. At least that companionway is to starboard.

blackjenner

Super Anarchist
A cool boat. If you don't need huge, or even large, I've been inside these and they are usually very nice. I don't think 55K is a bad place to start. If anyone wants me to go look at this for you, I'd be glad.

1983 Baba 30, many upgrades - $55 (Everett)

00g0g_gfQBNtnItPM_600x450.jpg

I am offering La Gitana (the gypsy) for sale at $55,000. It has received many upgrades while I owned it. Here is a partial list:

• • New Trojan batteries 2013
• Solar panels in 2013
• Roller furling on jib
• Garmin GMR18 Radar
• Garmin 2408 Chart-plotter
• Garmin GSD 22 sounder
• Raymarine autopilot
• VHF
• Dodger
• Dickinson Newport propane heater/fireplace
• PSS Dripless shaft seal
• Lee Sails; main, staysail, jib
• AM/FM/ CD player

blackjenner

Super Anarchist
Cool boat?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4352998904.html

Beautiful Lines on this Classic-Offer? - $90000 (Can Deliver)

00R0R_cLYzz9OzVWn_600x450.jpg

marker-shadow.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

Thinking about selling my "one of a kind" commercial fishing boat. The Sequoia is about 90 years old but has been extensively rebuilt. A new John Deere 4045 was installed last Winter. It has only about 350 hours along with a re-built 506 Twin Disc gear.

The top of the mast broke off several years ago and I re-rigged it with the shorter mast. I have all the rigging for a full length sailing mast and 3 sails. The main sail is gaff rigged. I might be willing to help make a new Sitka Spruce mast with the new owner. I can see this beautiful old girl being re-stored as a yatch. The fish hold will hold 19,000 lbs of Blackcod or several bunks or a new galley. Lots of deck space. Call me for a better discription.

I have fished on this boat for about 24 years and owned it for 8 years. This classic needs someone to love her. She is a real head turner! I am looking for a smaller combination (troller/longliner) steel or fiberglass boat. I am open to offers. There is a lot of boat here. This boat will handle most weather short of a hurricane...although I have been out in one or two.

OPEN TO OFFERS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishmael

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Fuctifino
At some point you run into the displacement/decay ratio. Once it goes below zero, the flies have taken over.

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Down south, the holds end up completely infested with maggots. So that there isn't anything but maggots, 2 feet deep. Open the hatch and a vertitable swarm of flies emerge. Then you go down in there, and try not to lose your footing, stepping into the writhing mass.