Coolboats to admire

Ishmael

Granfallooner
Fuctifino
I posted this in the thread in SA that used to be about the giant plywood cat, however it's pretty neat so I'm cross-posting here.

outdoorsy-stuff-9.jpg

http://www.marijnbeije.nl/

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
When you consider that those boats probably cost north of $200K back in the 70's what do you expect for a $20K ask?

They will provide a hell of a lot of fun for little more than a new carbon gennie would cost.

You better like working on them though.

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
attachicon.gif
IMG_1035.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_1092.jpg

Another cool boat, Tatoosh, built for Boo Paschall, a Ben Seaborn design built in Seattle at Vic Frank's. Owned by Peter Fonda for years and now owned by a Seattle owner for 22 years. She is going to do a loop to the South Pacific this summer for old time's sake.
Oh no!.... another classic beauty doomed by an offset hatch!!

TatooshNorthbound_zpscbc8d44c.jpg
All is not lost. At least that companionway is to starboard.

Trickypig

Super Anarchist
Australia
I posted this in the thread in SA that used to be about the giant plywood cat, however it's pretty neat so I'm cross-posting here.

outdoorsy-stuff-9.jpg

http://www.marijnbeije.nl/
Nice concept. But it looks somewhat under-engineered to my eye. Unless it's a model?
No they're serious click through to the manufacturer's site.. you can buy one.

It's an Ecolodge. It says it has a crapper and a shower but I can't see that.

Those crazy Dutch.

JBE

Auckland, NZ
aw hell, I'm in big trouble, mine is offset to port.

attachicon.gif
IMG_1035.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_1092.jpg

Another cool boat, Tatoosh, built for Boo Paschall, a Ben Seaborn design built in Seattle at Vic Frank's. Owned by Peter Fonda for years and now owned by a Seattle owner for 22 years. She is going to do a loop to the South Pacific this summer for old time's sake.
Oh no!.... another classic beauty doomed by an offset hatch!!

TatooshNorthbound_zpscbc8d44c.jpg
All is not lost. At least that companionway is to starboard.

blackjenner

Super Anarchist
A cool boat. If you don't need huge, or even large, I've been inside these and they are usually very nice. I don't think 55K is a bad place to start. If anyone wants me to go look at this for you, I'd be glad.

1983 Baba 30, many upgrades - $55 (Everett)

00g0g_gfQBNtnItPM_600x450.jpg

I am offering La Gitana (the gypsy) for sale at $55,000. It has received many upgrades while I owned it. Here is a partial list:

• • New Trojan batteries 2013
• Solar panels in 2013
• Roller furling on jib
• Garmin GMR18 Radar
• Garmin 2408 Chart-plotter
• Garmin GSD 22 sounder
• Raymarine autopilot
• VHF
• Dodger
• Dickinson Newport propane heater/fireplace
• PSS Dripless shaft seal
• Lee Sails; main, staysail, jib
• AM/FM/ CD player

blackjenner

Super Anarchist
Cool boat?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4352998904.html

Beautiful Lines on this Classic-Offer? - $90000 (Can Deliver)

00R0R_cLYzz9OzVWn_600x450.jpg

marker-shadow.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

Thinking about selling my "one of a kind" commercial fishing boat. The Sequoia is about 90 years old but has been extensively rebuilt. A new John Deere 4045 was installed last Winter. It has only about 350 hours along with a re-built 506 Twin Disc gear.

The top of the mast broke off several years ago and I re-rigged it with the shorter mast. I have all the rigging for a full length sailing mast and 3 sails. The main sail is gaff rigged. I might be willing to help make a new Sitka Spruce mast with the new owner. I can see this beautiful old girl being re-stored as a yatch. The fish hold will hold 19,000 lbs of Blackcod or several bunks or a new galley. Lots of deck space. Call me for a better discription.

I have fished on this boat for about 24 years and owned it for 8 years. This classic needs someone to love her. She is a real head turner! I am looking for a smaller combination (troller/longliner) steel or fiberglass boat. I am open to offers. There is a lot of boat here. This boat will handle most weather short of a hurricane...although I have been out in one or two.

OPEN TO OFFERS.

Last edited by a moderator:

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Down south, the holds end up completely infested with maggots. So that there isn't anything but maggots, 2 feet deep. Open the hatch and a vertitable swarm of flies emerge. Then you go down in there, and try not to lose your footing, stepping into the writhing mass.