Coolboats to admire

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Down south, the holds end up completely infested with maggots. So that there isn't anything but maggots, 2 feet deep. Open the hatch and a vertitable swarm of flies emerge. Then you go down in there, and try not to lose your footing, stepping into the writhing mass.
Ahem

Please look at the title of this thread!

What the hell were you thinking??

FB- Doug

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
How about this 59' gaff-rigged ketch, Morna. She's lovely.

01MainAug12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
I think that is a great boat.

Off set companionway.

No lifelines.

What more could an offfshore sailer want?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Ed

Super Anarchist
If we're ogling gaff-rigged boats for a bit, here's the boat that changed my life, if that doesn't sound too self-important

1001Main.jpg

Mrs. Ed stumbled across an advert for her, and we pored over it and pored over it, and could find nothing not to love about the boat. We rang up the vendor and invited him to tell us she was the wrong boat for a couple of middle-aged muppets - I was particularly scared of gaff rigs. He said, no problem, lovely boat, easiest things in the world to sail, been round the world, just the two of us.

The boat had already sold by then in fact, but it did lead to us looking at gaff rigged boats, and falling in love with our current owner and so on.

More stuff on her here

http://www.sandemanyachtcompany.co.uk/details/408/Mead-38-ft-Gaff-Cutter-1926/yacht-for-sale/

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
If we're ogling gaff-rigged boats for a bit, here's the boat that changed my life, if that doesn't sound too self-important

1001Main.jpg

Mrs. Ed stumbled across an advert for her, and we pored over it and pored over it, and could find nothing not to love about the boat. We rang up the vendor and invited him to tell us she was the wrong boat for a couple of middle-aged muppets - I was particularly scared of gaff rigs. He said, no problem, lovely boat, easiest things in the world to sail, been round the world, just the two of us.

The boat had already sold by then in fact, but it did lead to us looking at gaff rigged boats, and falling in love with our current owner and so on.

More stuff on her here

http://www.sandemanyachtcompany.co.uk/details/408/Mead-38-ft-Gaff-Cutter-1926/yacht-for-sale/
Lovely looking cutter, Mr.Ed.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Spectacular interior but I'm not crazy about the angled sole planking under the dinette. That surfboard cabinet is quite a piece of work.

The cabintop sort of droops fore & aft - needs stronger lines.

Very special boat though.

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino
That Finn boat has very interesting chainplates. Do you suppose they are like that so you can see what's going on in there? Note the nice white oak interior. ;)

48_164743384_xl.jpg