Coolboats to admire

stevo7896

fresno ca
Awesome Photos. Growing up in the 80s, as a teen I used to Sail on the Rendezvous out of pier 39 when the was owned by Fred Koopman . He also had a matching restaurant to the Rendezvous. Best experience ever for a teenager..

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
A local fellow who has done some very interesting yacht designs anchored off my house today. He has a very cool dinghy (IMHO).

15x4 and fairly lightweight at just 100#. Goes very well with a single 3.3HP Mercury outboard.

Cat Dinghy.

His mothership is pretty interesting too!

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
A local fellow who has done some very interesting yacht designs anchored off my house today. He has a very cool dinghy (IMHO).

15x4 and fairly lightweight at just 100#. Goes very well with a single 3.3HP Mercury outboard.

Cat Dinghy.

Cool dinghy design. Good stability and easily driven, but little carrying capacity by the looks.

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL

Cat Dinghy.

Reminds me of the Expandacraft boats.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Expandacraft/

This truck has a 12' catamaran in what passes for the "back seat," a 16' trimaran in the bed and a 16' catamaran on top. No trailer needed! Those are coolboats!

10453023_771784296177135_9164004104854195580_o.jpg

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Perfect! But rule driven and not what you would have for ultimate performance in that type of hull.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys got a double-ender love fest goin' on.
For a myriad of reasons, one of which is they can lay happily with their aft end to the seas/swell and no one aboard would even notice. I had a 43' x 9' canoe stern boat that sat at the Gannon & Benjamin dock in Martha's Vineyard during a nor'easter and they said they'd never seen a boat behave so well with the seas on her stern. I just spent a night moored in Blakely Harbor on a C&C 38 with a reverse transom and once the current spun the stern to the swell I heard so much slapping I longed for my double ender.

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
For a myriad of reasons, one of which is they can lay happily with their aft end to the seas/swell and no one aboard would even notice. I had a 43' x 9' canoe stern boat that sat at the Gannon & Benjamin dock in Martha's Vineyard during a nor'easter and they said they'd never seen a boat behave so well with the seas on her stern. I just spent a night moored in Blakely Harbor on a C&C 38 with a reverse transom and once the current spun the stern to the swell I heard so much slapping I longed for my double ender.
You were here and you didn't stop over and say "hi"??

BTW, That is why I have two buoys, bow and stern to keep her headed into the occasional swells.

BTW, That is why I have two buoys, bow and stern to keep her headed into the occasional swells.
I didn't see any lights on last night besides I had to listen to Paul's sea stories. This morning I had to get away quick because my rudder was bumping and there was still 2' of ebb to go. That beach is so steep that my 8' keel was fine it was the damn rudder that went aground.

You should tie Francis Lee up stern to the east just for the fun of it!

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW

I didn't see any lights on last night besides I had to listen to Paul's sea stories. This morning I had to get away quick because my rudder was bumping and there was still 2' of ebb to go. That beach is so steep that my 8' keel was fine it was the damn rudder that went aground.

You should tie Francis Lee up stern to the east just for the fun of it!
Ah, that was you! I saw the quick exit and I figured it was a depth thing. It gets pretty shallow over there.