Coolboats to admire

Maldwin

FL/ME
Madwin,

(1) I thought it was inconsistent to object to the political footballing on this thread, and then in the same post no less, attempt to advance the ball. (Sorry for the horrible, trite analogy.)

(2) The views you expressed were political, even if you did not mention a party, not that it was necessary to do so.

(3) I have not seen any ad hominem argument direct at you.
    I think someone accused me of hypocrisy. 

In any event, i wish I had followed my own advice, and not engaged in politics on a Sailing Forum. My only excuse is having a second espresso before going on deck to chamois. 

accnick

Super Anarchist
    I think someone accused me of hypocrisy. 

In any event, i wish I had followed my own advice, and not engaged in politics on a Sailing Forum. My only excuse is having a second espresso before going on deck to chamois. 
At least it wasn't a second martini.

fufkin

Super Anarchist
In a healthy society there'd be an Uncool Boat Tax, and a Cool Boat Tax Exemption. 

The tax would be permanent and with no limit. Stuff like the Starck abomination would pay for more spirited and correct designs down the pipeline. 

Now back to regular programming.

European Bloke

Super Anarchist
Those Skutsjes are relatively light so they float high on their sides without taking in water. A tugboat is used to pull them right side up again:

View attachment 480971
Thank you. They're really interesting boats, I remember being moored next to one and being amazed at some of the kit when I took a closer look.

Bit more than launching a couple of RIBs with the club laser fleet.

Matagi

Super Antichrist
nope.jpg

TwoLegged

Super Anarchist
In a healthy society there'd be an Uncool Boat Tax, and a Cool Boat Tax Exemption. 

The tax would be permanent and with no limit. Stuff like the Starck abomination would pay for more spirited and correct designs down the pipeline. 

Now back to regular programming.
I love this idea.  How about the Unncool Boat Tax is used pay a negative tax to Cool Boats?

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
Quickstep 22?
Its been a while since I saw that ad, but I believe it is a Quckstep 24. I have seen pictures of the 24 with both a traditional transom and the double ended transom pictured.  To my eye, the traditional transom seems a bit abrupt ruining the lines of the boat.  So, I prefer this version which seems to flow with the sheer.  

Hukilau

Branford, CT
Its been a while since I saw that ad, but I believe it is a Quckstep 24. I have seen pictures of the 24 with both a traditional transom and the double ended transom pictured.  To my eye, the traditional transom seems a bit abrupt ruining the lines of the boat.  So, I prefer this version which seems to flow with the sheer.  
24.  Yup.  Thanks for the correction.  I had one on the dock across from me for a few years.   Looked like a nice boat.  About the only double-ender I actually liked.

Son of Hans

San Diego
Yes, lovely to look at, but I wouldn't care to own one.  If we are fixated on canoe sterns, I could possibly be tempted by a Vineyard Vixen.

vineyard_vixen_29_photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Maldwin

FL/ME
So what do you think about a Rozinante? Be careful with your answer.  :rolleyes:

View attachment 481149
   There was one in Dark Harbor for years, on a mooring near mine, and I was never that taken by her. However I don’t think I ever saw her under sail, and she looks much better to me now. In those days, there were 2 Aramintas in Rockport harbor which excited me more, possibly because i grew up on a boat with a clipper bow. Today, i might like QUIET TUNE the best of all the LFH boats in that size range. 

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
So what do you think about a Rozinante? Be careful with your answer.  :rolleyes:

View attachment 481149
5th amendment.  Not about looks, but about your last sentence.  I have enough enemies in this world already.  I do like wooden boats.

Just this morning as I was lying in bed, I thought about my career working with people with developmental disabilities, both as an advocate and later as a teacher.  I had to be the most controversial individual in the entire state of Louisiana.  People either loved me or hated me.  Sadly, too many hated me that were in a higher pay grade.  

All that said, a student of mine transferred to a school where my best friend taught.  The school was located in another parish.  He asked the student if she knew me…..

She said yes, and he was my favorite teacher.