Coolboats to admire

Bull City

A fine fellow
North Carolina
47 minutes ago, rstone said:

Unless Gannon & Benjamin built two Alerions in 2005 believe the Niceville, FL boat to be the same one featured up thread. Trailer too.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/34394340?h=f6cbbe75c4&app_id=122963
Several years ago, I took a frame from this video and did this 10 X 18 painting:

Three Sisters 10 X 18.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

rstone

Mobile, AL
I use to dream about Ravens and back in 1967 asked my mother to paint 'Vinky' from Rosenfeld's Under Full Sail. She got proportions all wrong but it was a wonderful birthday gift. 

_20220426_211325.JPG

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
Contractors' perks?
Its 2020’s post Michael far west Florida.  Real estate is unobtainium. Prices to match.  With what it cost to purchase land, buildings, homes, pretty much anything, so, lets spend the extra cash and make it fancy enough to match the cost of building our local industrial center.  Anyway, lots of boat works down this little trail (which is paved all the way just like in the picture.) So, why not.  Make it nice.  Afterall, Valparaiso is right next to Niceville.  

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
I use to dream about Ravens and back in 1967 asked my mother to paint 'Vinky' from Rosenfeld's Under Full Sail. She got proportions all wrong but it was a wonderful birthday gift. 

View attachment 507182
UNDER FULL SAIL 50 Years Of Great Marine Photographs
by Morris Rosenfeld
Published by Prentice-Hall, 1957

Still widely available: https://www.google.com/search?q=Rosenfeld's+Under+Full+Sail

4335825754.jpg

Your mother was very talented.  I couldn't help adjusting the image colors a bit (a pro could probably do it better):

Vinky.jpg

rstone

Mobile, AL
Very nice PS and thanks for kind remark. Most timely.

Haven't seen the dust cover in fifty years but remember it well. Just opened my battered Rosenfeld copy to spy oil smudges on the pages featuring Vinky and ultimate calamity.

All great stuff!

rstone

Mobile, AL
----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 6:53 PM
Subject: Alerion

That is the Alerion we built.
Ironically, K and I just went to Florida to survey her for the new owner.  She’s going to stay in Florida but moving eastward tonSarasota.  She surveyed well.  Obviously people had been taking care of her.

Sent from my iPhone

Case Closed.

ProaSailor

dreaming my life away...
Oregon
Very nice PS and thanks for kind remark. Most timely.

Haven't seen the dust cover in fifty years but remember it well. Just opened my battered Rosenfeld copy to spy oil smudges on the pages featuring Vinky and ultimate calamity.

All great stuff!
I got the color and exposure wrong...  Have played with alternative settings but it's best left to a pro.  Better light on the painting when taking a photo might help?  It's really good and worth the effort.

----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 6:53 PM
Subject: Alerion

That is the Alerion we built.
Ironically, K and I just went to Florida to survey her for the new owner.  She’s going to stay in Florida but moving eastward tonSarasota.  She surveyed well.  Obviously people had been taking care of her.

Sent from my iPhone

Case Closed.

Is the purple font significant?  (usually reserved for sarcasm)  Is this email from Ross Gannon?

rstone

Mobile, AL
Not significant just pasted from email. Yes, from Ross Gannon  and forwarded to me by a friend.  Mr. Gannon used email server of significant other so I stripped it.

As to the pavers..... there use to be a an active rock quarry on the banks Boggy Bayou in Niceville. Not sure if it's still in operation. Maybe pavers a local product.

30 years ago considered water front property on Boggy Bayou but the rock crushing made a heck of a noise. While on the considered property talking to the realtor a couple of fighting falcons came roaring overhead. She said oh, those are from Eglin and you'll get use to it. I bailed.

Santanasailor

North Louisiana
Not significant just pasted from email. Yes, from Ross Gannon  and forwarded to me by a friend.  Mr. Gannon used email server of significant other so I stripped it.

As to the pavers..... there use to be a an active rock quarry on the banks Boggy Bayou in Niceville. Not sure if it's still in operation. Maybe pavers a local product.

30 years ago considered water front property on Boggy Bayou but the rock crushing made a heck of a noise. While on the considered property talking to the realtor a couple of fighting falcons came roaring overhead. She said oh, those are from Eglin and you'll get use to it. I bailed.
You Blew it.  Yes, the f-35’s, F-22’s, F-16’s and F-15’s fly.  Being a Vietnam veteran, this is a sound I love.  

Where did you go wrong.  Property values in this local are unbelievably high and the buyers are lining up to snatch them up, apparently with cash in hand.  

Brenda and I looked and looked.  Every time a piece of property in West Florida came available that we liked, a buy/sell contract was written virtually within hours of the property being put up for sale.   West Florida apparently is the place to be.  

Santanasailor

North Louisiana
A really neat ad.  A representation of the end of the traditional (Bolero) and the beginning of the modern (SLO MO SHUN IV)

Both champions.  

8D6D39BF-2FFB-49DF-B36B-F99EFC3C9994.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: