Coolboats to admire

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
GESTURE, Kinney design, Walstead build. UNKNOWN but Paine design, Morris build.

GESTURE.jpg

Matagi

Ambassador of the Republic of R'lyeh
If that was the only thing that guy ever did it would be a life well lived.
No no, he is a true multi-talent :)

Known writer and playwright, he has written the scripts for some of the most well-known German TV series, as well as numerous books. He crossed the Atlantic on Germany's Navy traininig ship and later become German and at one point World Champion in the Contender class. So yes, quite packed a life :)

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Seen right now off the 0530 ferry I’m on - they’re not R2AK boats: even the rowers in that fleet are well up the coast by now, above Campbell River. My guess is some kind of “barefoot raid” similar engineless row and small sailboat event.

Cool stuff. Small boat = big adventure.

1E2D7DCF-DB1C-4D05-B10F-182A277B2C7E.jpeg

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
An oldie but a goodie...

Not sure if her sad voyage to being a window display in Hudson’s Bay department store is still accurate. I almost never get to Victoria, but if I do soon I’ll have to try remember to go and see.

This popped into my head after reading about Tony Grove’s restoration of “the oldest sailboat in Canada”, which was just in the news (he was also closely involved with Trekka’s restoration, in the video above):

Last edited:

cje

Lets just vote on this.
As much as I like matgi 's sweetie I'm going for priscilla.
I love that name, Priscilla.

Found a 70’, three masted & junk rigged, aluminum hulled, Colvin schooner of his Kung Fu Tse design. Hiding in a boatyard up in Lund.

Seriously cool shit, can‘t wait to see it when the refit finishes and it’s in the water again.
A3099E87-D6B1-4AF4-8CA3-1197EE76F6E9.jpeg

Last edited: