Coolboats to admire

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
We use an electric to get Anna in and out of our slip on the lake. Can get us back if the wind dies, but it is not fast. Maybe 3 knots top speed and battery won’t last at that speed.

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
PIERA today.

IMG_4947.jpeg

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
Joel Whites's big DRAGONERA sails by our stern. It was fun to watch another yawl do the 'lazy sail'.

They tacked through Gilkey Harbor (still a chore with that big genoa scraping its way across the boat), to windward, and headed out into Western Penobscot Bay. I love watching people sail.

NAMO foliage_-2.jpg

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
Cool boat building. I have no design brief or any details on this new design beyond: LOA 38'9", beam 11'3", LWL 27'6" and with the centerboard up, it draws 3'6".

But I will predict this is an evolutionary design post 'daysailer' phase/fad. Simply; the contemporary big daysailer concept meets the coastal cruiser of the past.

Still able to sail for a few hours without a lot of fuss or take a couple or small family off for a few days. Not a globe girdler and not a tricked out SOT (Spirit of Tradition) racer that you'll never spend a week on.

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 9.43.02 AM.png

I can relate to this idea as the vessel is within inches of my 'cruiser/racer' built 62 years ago. It will be faster (until it catches a lobster buoy warp on the predicted exposed prop), and handier to sail and likely a bit less commodious below.

I'm lucky to live near a custom boat design/builder. What they build is never boring.

Here's the state of the build today:

New build.jpeg