COP27 climate summit

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
In your world all climate change is negative

in the real world this is not true

what they have documented is that dead shallow water coral reefs break into a million pieces then are deposited on the shoreline making low tropical islands larger and more resistance to sea level rise
So you're saying that the destruction of reefs, which protect shorelines from erosion, is good for those same shorelines? So good that it actually makes those islands larger?

3to1

Super Anarchist

what they have documented is that dead shallow water coral reefs break into a million pieces then are deposited on the shoreline making low tropical islands larger and more resistance to sea level rise
fuck me, if I didn't fucking see it, I wouldn't fucking belief it.

Last edited:

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Because a company manufacturing products like phones and computers is exactly like those that receive subsidies (while posting profits) and have such a massive impact on every aspect of our lives.
Many of those companies, including utilities, are government sanctioned local monopolies. As you said, comparing a luxury like a top end smart phone to propane to heat my house in the winter is just not an apt comparison.

However, false equivalencies do help make points that aren't necessarily true.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit

That's great. If you have an unending supply of shallow water coral reefs. Which we don't. So we're seeing a one time 'fix' to an the time problem. Temporary reprieves are not a fix to permanent and worsening problem that has been verified by every reputable scientist on the planet.

There is a correlation between 'conservatives' who seem to be afraid of change, and those that can admit our world is changing and it's our fault.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
As soon as the developing countries embrace capitalism. Meanwhile, we have to keep retards like you from making ff more expensive.
Can you explain how you believe the United States is going to force places like Saudi Arabia to stop refining and selling fossil fuels? Or how we are going to force them to raise their prices? (They seem to want to raise prices regardless of our actions anyway......)

I've given up asking you to show some evidence that we intend to suddenly stop fossil fuels cold turkey without clean energy infrastructure in place. You refuse to provide it. At this point I believe it's safe to say you've started just making things up.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Can you explain how you believe the United States is going to force places like Saudi Arabia to stop refining and selling fossil fuels? Or how we are going to force them to raise their prices? (They seem to want to raise prices regardless of our actions anyway......)

I've given up asking you to show some evidence that we intend to suddenly stop fossil fuels cold turkey without clean energy infrastructure in place. You refuse to provide it. At this point I believe it's safe to say you've started just making things up.
"started" ??

jzk

Super Anarchist

Where did I say the US was going to force Saudi Arabia to do anything? Who is the one making shit up?

Meanwhile, every thing you do to make ff more expensive translates to lost human lives and increased human suffering.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
Where did I say the US was going to force Saudi Arabia to do anything? Who is the one making shit up?

Meanwhile, every thing you do to make ff more expensive translates to lost human lives and increased human suffering.
Yup

The entire green agenda is flawed , ideologically driven and will not work

Efficiency …making more with less and distributing economic progress to those that are underdeveloped is what needs to be done

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
I didn't know zero-dimensional analysis was possible.

So you're saying that everything that has the consequence of increasing the unit cost of ff translates to lost human lives and increased human suffering even if whatever has that consequence directly protects human life and reduces human suffering? And regardless of scale? So ff unit cost is directly correlated with human prosperity in all cases?

Lordy.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit

If the US doesn't control other oil producers - then we aren't going to make fossil fuels disappear by ourselves.

If you can't provide some type of cite or proof that we're going to make fossil fuels disappear internal to the United States without having renewables in place, then you have no argument.

At this point, after numerous attempts to get clarification and some type of proof via link, I think it is safe to say that your assertions have no merit.

sparau

Super Anarchist
Sunshine Coast Aus
What is this bullshit about "fossil fuel companies?" The issue isn't fossil fuel companies.

The issue is mass starvation and human suffering that will occur if we end fossil fuel use.
Do you have any idea the levels of starvation and suffering that will occur with even a couple of meters sea level rise? Orders of magnitude more than diverting resources to nuclear, hydrogen and sodium ion batteries while we still can.
The paucity of your understanding nearly defies comprehension.

sparau

Super Anarchist
Sunshine Coast Aus
Marine ecologists are reporting migration of tropical coral into subtropical regions, part of a wider “tropicalization” of ocean ecosystems as species seek cooler waters away from the Equator. While struggling in their former habitat, they are proliferating between 20 and 35 degrees north and south of the Equator, with young refugee corals creating new reefs hundreds of miles from home.
Mmm, how old is the great barrier reef? How long to create such diversity? Will all species be able to move? What happens to the shoreline mangroves as the reef is broken by storm and not replaced?
From the article
There may be limits to how far from the equator tropical coral can successfully migrate, however warm the waters become in the future. One is the amount of light that penetrates to the reefs, particularly during winter. And there is the looming threat across all latitudes of the increasing acidification of ocean surface waters, as they absorb ever more carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
It's more there is a little bit of hope that if we stabilise the environment some corals can spawn and regrow reefs further from the equator, not that it isn't ecological destruction of massive scale.

Latest posts