Corona Virus

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Yes, we had doctors bemoaning the fact they had no needles to dispense the vaccine. And so geronimo was dispatched by car to drive around the countryside looking for needles.  I’m not kidding ..... but people are being vaccinated it’s just the pace is terribly slow. 

rogerfal

Super Anarchist
Cornwall
Yes, we had doctors bemoaning the fact they had no needles to dispense the vaccine. And so geronimo was dispatched by car to drive around the countryside looking for needles.  I’m not kidding ..... but people are being vaccinated it’s just the pace is terribly slow. 
Hopefully we have some spare and can send them through the back door. Absolutely no offence intended. It's just all so ridiculous.

I'm so lucky I live in my small world down here in Cornwall.

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
The Aussie Prime Minister’s understanding reaction was a class act, it must be said

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
Hopefully we have some spare and can send them through the back door. Absolutely no offence intended. It's just all so ridiculous.

No offence taken whatsoever. Brexit is an enormous problem for us whereas mainland Europe don’t give a continental. In normal circumstances, we would be able to get any of your spares but Northern Ireland can’t even get enough. 

It will sort itself out but the EU approach has been noble in theory but sloppy in practice. 

Woolfy

Anarchist
Waiheke Island
Phizer it’s the only one being used at the moment. I guess I have given away my occupation too. 
Not really, all we now know is that you're "front line" , you could be anything, hotel cleaner, customs, security etc.

Either way you're more at risk of catching it than the rest of us and I'm pleased that you now have some measure of protection, you deserve it, can't have been easy for you over the last year. 

Personally I'm getting very impatient waiting for my turn and I'm desperate to be able to travel again. I wish we were given some indication as to when a vaccination program will be completed and when the borders will be open again.

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Update, I am very fatigued.  I feel like I could go to sleep and sleep for a week.  Talking with my wife she felt the same the day after.  Day 2 for her and she is still a bit fatigued but better compared to the day before.  My arm hurts like an SOB when I move it now.

WetHog   :ph34r:
We have no signs of any side effects on day two of the J&J vaccine.

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Oh please. Let’s not pretend Biden came in on his white horse and made everything work properly.  We are talking about the federal government after all. No matter who is in charge it doesn’t become more efficient in the span of 2 months. How about we leave politics out of this discussion?

Well, then you have not been paying attention what has been happening.  There was absolutely no federal plan for getting people vaccinated, just give it to the states and let them be responsible for it.  The prior administration had only one person (Dr Brix) assigned to Covid and had not ordered enough vaccine for the whole country. Biden came in demanding a goal for 100 million shots in 100 days and everyone thought he was crazy.  He installed a team that knew immediately that supply and distribution were major bottle necks.  Using the War Powers Act, they got Pfizer and Moderna to greatly increase their commitment in a shorter period of time with improved procedures, supply chain and increasing capacities.  They pushed vaccines out to local pharmacies and created Federal vaccination site across the country.  It is not politics, it is results from committed leadership.

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Yikes, let us know how long it lasts. edit: do you get to choose which arm? 
For me, they asked me which arm I wanted to have the shot.  It was injected very high up on the arm, up near the shoulder.  I could feel the needle and then a very slight burning as they injected the vaccine (fast injection).  Not really anything to worry about.

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
East central Illinois
My whole family has had the Moderna vaccine. Wife and I had sore shoulder the next day, nothing more. 22-year-old daughter had nothing. Wife got second shot and was out of it for two days, pretty much stayed in bed. Daughter had sore arm and went climbing at the gym to fix it. I have delayed second dose for a while to let someone else get first dose.

accnick

Super Anarchist
Personally I'm getting very impatient waiting for my turn and I'm desperate to be able to travel again. I wish we were given some indication as to when a vaccination program will be completed and when the borders will be open again.
It will interesting to see at what point NZ might consider admitting folks like me who have been fully vaccinated in other countries (Pfizer, in the US), maybe with something like a negative test on arrival, but no 14-day quarantine.

WetHog

Super Anarchist
Annapolis, MD USA
Well, then you have not been paying attention what has been happening.  There was absolutely no federal plan for getting people vaccinated, just give it to the states and let them be responsible for it.  The prior administration had only one person (Dr Brix) assigned to Covid and had not ordered enough vaccine for the whole country. Biden came in demanding a goal for 100 million shots in 100 days and everyone thought he was crazy.  He installed a team that knew immediately that supply and distribution were major bottle necks.  Using the War Powers Act, they got Pfizer and Moderna to greatly increase their commitment in a shorter period of time with improved procedures, supply chain and increasing capacities.  They pushed vaccines out to local pharmacies and created Federal vaccination site across the country.  It is not politics, it is results from committed leadership.
Unfortunately I’ve had to pay close attention since the pandemic started.  Unlike you and your side, and Trump supporters, I don’t drink the koolaide when offered.  Believe what you want but enough of the chest thumping for your side.  There is little difference between the two political parties. The sooner you wake up and realize it the better we all will be. 

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
East central Illinois
Unfortunately I’ve had to pay close attention since the pandemic started.  Unlike young your side, and Trump supporters, I don’t drink the koolaide when offered.  Believe what you want but enough of the chest thumping for your side.  There is little difference between the two political parties. The sooner you wake up and realize it the better we all will be. 

You really do live in an alternate reality if you think there is little difference between Trump and Biden as president. Do you live in a cave?

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I'm desperate to be able to travel again. I wish we were given some indication as to when a vaccination program will be completed and when the borders will be open again.
Same boat, am okay acting like a monk for a month or two longer in safety but desperately want to travel again this year and am praying that ‘vaccine passports’ will become a thing by mid-year for travel to Italy from the US. 

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
Unfortunately I’ve had to pay close attention since the pandemic started.  Unlike young your side, and Trump supporters, I don’t drink the koolaide when offered.  Believe what you want but enough of the chest thumping for your side.  There is little difference between the two political parties. The sooner you wake up and realize it the better we all will be. 

I am not trying to push politics....  There has been night and day differences.  The last administration stop having Covid task force meetings, would not acknowledge it was a problem, etc...  This one has moved mountains to get it made and out to the people.  Dramatic improvements almost weekly.  A month ago they hoped to get most vaccinations done by the fall, then it changed to by the end of July and now they are saying by the end of May.  You can keep saying it doesn't matter if it makes you feel smart, but leadership does make a difference.

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA

Cornwall...  Just started watching Doc Martin..  Looks like a beautiful area.  Kind of a fun show, but boy is the Dr an asshole...

The_Alchemist

Super Anarchist
USA
We had a major uproar about the right type of syringes.  To some places, they had sent syringes with a lot of dead head space that was causing them to waste vaccine.  They found that by using syringes with no head space, they could get 6 injections out of the 5 injection Pfizer vials (a 20% increase).  

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
You really do live in an alternate reality if you think there is little difference between Trump and Biden as president. Do you live in a cave?
In terms of personality they are poles apart. In terms of outcomes for their people not so much.

Americans were promised a $2000 stimulus cheque immediately after Biden assuming power.

Here we are a couple of months on, the amount has dropped (to $1400  think), they have added extra rules to exclude millions of people and there is no sign of when these cheques might arrive.

These are facts dude. You can look this shit up right?

Biden is looking after Biden just like Trump looked after Trump (try googling Hunter Biden).

It's unfortunately human nature that most politicians succumb to eventually.

I would like to believe in that situation I would not likewise succumb, but am enough of a realist to realise I might.