Corona Virus

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Thank Gawd the Orange One was in charge! .. 

E6F0DB65-592E-4722-9EF4-BDB9822BC2CD.jpeg

accnick

Super Anarchist
He (and many others) should do jail time or worse. Fortunately, the NY Supreme Court is about to bury him.. 
District attorney of Fulton County, Georgia, is close behind. Last time I looked, solicitation of election fraud was still a crime in Georgia.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
That phone call was unbelievable, like something out of a gangster movie
Yes, he’s going down in Georgia for that mafia move, and in NY for Gawd knows how much real estate fraud.

I don’t necessarily want to see prison time, but I sure as hell don’t ever want to see him elected POTUS again, yikes! 

TheDragon

Super Anarchist
East central Illinois
In terms of personality they are poles apart. In terms of outcomes for their people not so much.

Americans were promised a $2000 stimulus cheque immediately after Biden assuming power.

Here we are a couple of months on, the amount has dropped (to $1400  think), they have added extra rules to exclude millions of people and there is no sign of when these cheques might arrive.

These are facts dude. You can look this shit up right?

Biden is looking after Biden just like Trump looked after Trump (try googling Hunter Biden).

It's unfortunately human nature that most politicians succumb to eventually.

I would like to believe in that situation I would not likewise succumb, but am enough of a realist to realise I might.
You are in Wellington, so perhaps you don't keep up with US politics. Biden could not be more different both in terms of personality (sane versus crazy), and policies. No, we were not promised $2000 checks, we were promised $1400 checks to go with the $600 checks in the second stimulus bill last year, and despite your skepticism, Biden and the Dems got it done and a lot more this week. Much of the damage Trump did to the US has been undone by executive order. Now to make some major changes to tackle climate change, plus endless other priorities that were ignored or made worse by Trump and the Republicans (police, education, infrastructure, immigration, China, Russia, middle East, Africa, it is endless and Biden's priorities and policies are almost completely different from Trumps). Only problem is the slim majority in the senate, so after failing to get Republican support for a couple of major initiatives in the next few weeks, the Democrats will get rid of the filibuster and go for it.

kenergy

Super Anarchist
Well while other countries have watched with envy as here in NZ we squashed the virus by locking everyone up, we are now looking with envy at countries who are actually moving at speed to roll out vaccine delivery. So far 10 000 border staff have got their shots here. Meanwhile 200 000 doses are sitting in freezers because the government refuses to train anyone yet, allow any clinics access to the new national register, release any details about the rollout, or when further deliveries are expected. We have had 6 months to get ready and are now standing around with pants down, looking like June at least before the general population will get shots, and weeks before health staff start getting shots. 
I've had my first shot, my family is getting theirs this week, its happening, there are plenty of people getting trained, one big problem is that there are not enough people to train. 

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
I've had my first shot, my family is getting theirs this week, its happening, there are plenty of people getting trained, one big problem is that there are not enough people to train. 
Congrats (envious :wub: ). Would you disclose what brand and how you fare?

Paddywackery

Super Anarchist
Ireland
We only have Pfizer here, my arm was a bit achy for a day, and about 4 days after I had a couple of days of mild fatigue and headaches, very mild. I have been told that the second shot is worse, I'll let you know how that goes next week. 
Second shot so soon after the first, that’s impressive. 

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
We only have Pfizer here, my arm was a bit achy for a day, and about 4 days after I had a couple of days of mild fatigue and headaches, very mild. I have been told that the second shot is worse, I'll let you know how that goes next week. 
Thanks. Very interesting.

Kenny there's thousands of vaccinator in clinics all round the country ready to go, and a quarter million doses sitting in freezers, and there is no plan in place to get them in arms for months. Theres only a "road map". I do know as its what I do, and everyone is being kept in the dark. We simply can't believe how shit the NZ Ministry of Health has been with 6 months advance notice. Border workers getting done is a good start, but.... 

Latest posts