Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) Forecasted to hit Earth 12:00 pm EDST

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
And we're in the peak Taurid meteor stream timeline.  Best chance of the year in a wiping out a city or even an extinction level event.

Thanks for the heads up on the third mask.  Would not have occurred to me; may go with four.

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
And we're in the peak Taurid meteor stream timeline.  Best chance of the year in a wiping out a city or even an extinction level event.
A SMoD?  Sweet Meteor of Death?   

Sounds eminently preferable to another Dopey Joe/ Cornholio word-salad press briefing.  

Last edited by a moderator:

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
Don't neglect the tinfoil.
Guessing you're not familiar with Tunguska or Chelyabinsk.  Or the Younger Dryas Impact Hypothesis, well on its way to becoming theory.  Or that the Taurid stream density varies. 

https://phys.org/news/2021-10-prior-swarm-large-asteroids-hidden.html

Mithras.jpg

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
So……TV AND cell service might be disrupted? I’m good. How will I find out if I qualify for an extended warranty? Some might consider that a public service…..

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
Seeing an uptick in geomagnetic activity.  But nowhere near the PSH (Panty Sh!tting Hysteric level).  In an hour, we'll be beyond the max forecasted impact.  

Windward

Super Anarchist
This sort of punctual news reporting is usually reserved for the local newspaper.  

Extra Extra.   Read all about it!

A not to be missed event that happened hours ago…

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
For those of you expecting a Earth Shattering KaBoom: "WEAK CME IMPACT: A CME hit Earth's magnetic field on Oct. 31st at approximately 10:00 UT. The impact was weak--a far cry from the "big hit" we expected. What happened? It's possible that the bulk of the Oct. 28th CME missed our planet; after all, it was directed somewhat south of the sun-Earth line. Despite the feebleness of the impact, minor G1-class geomagnetic storms are still possible in the hours ahead." -- spaceweather.com

I shoulda known that, like hurricane weather forecasts, space weather forecasts would also be insanely overhyped. My blonde.  

iu

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
So did any of you middle earthers see the aurora borealis last night?

We were socked in under a 4" overnight rainfall.
Yup, down here in Floriduh, they were as bright as rum!   

Heard some North Canuckistanis got treated to a real show.  

Mark K

Super Anarchist
For those of you expecting a Earth Shattering KaBoom: "WEAK CME IMPACT: A CME hit Earth's magnetic field on Oct. 31st at approximately 10:00 UT. The impact was weak--a far cry from the "big hit" we expected. What happened? It's possible that the bulk of the Oct. 28th CME missed our planet; after all, it was directed somewhat south of the sun-Earth line. Despite the feebleness of the impact, minor G1-class geomagnetic storms are still possible in the hours ahead." -- spaceweather.com

I shoulda known that, like hurricane weather forecasts, space weather forecasts would also be insanely overhyped. My blonde.  

Back to the normal 31st scary stuff...