Country livin' anarchy

So now I'm on ten acres of pines, palms, oaks and grass with my nearest neighbor three hundred yards away, instead of surrounded by asphalt, Angelenos, sirens, taxaholic polis and gang bangers. I now have to hit a switch to get H2O to come out of the ground and pour out the tap. It's off-yellow, but tastes ok. My doo-doo now goes into a huge plastic holding tank that's buried somewhere down near Hades. There's bugs here that resemble those of Costa Rica. Electricity is twice what Kali charges. 911 responders are probably at least 25 minutes away. I'm a bit concerned about fire (though I could easily drive the Suburban through all the wire fences around me if the S ever HTF), given that half the property is covered in lodge pole pines, surrounded by a metric shit ton of pine needles (that the deer use for matresses), the surface dirt around here is actually like sugar sand, I know it rains at least twenty inches a year, lightening strikes will be a definite occurance eventually, there's six endangered Gopher tortoises living in burrows, I might soon have a pet chamelean, there's a ton of tiny meat-eating ants that bite like shit and Saki the Wonder Dawg has managed to already find 3 million of the four million burr/sticker thingys that fall off of some plant that grows around here. Groceries are 30% more than Hell-A, everyone I've met is nicer than a horny nun, gas is $3.85 (as opposed to $4.35), the fishing looks fuktastic, the air is clean, the ocean is warm, I haven't worn anything but shorts & go-heads since I got here, put up some paper targets a while ago and shot the shit out of them (without a single appearance by either the neighbors nor the cops), they sell Fin-Nor reels, turkey callers and .300 Savage at the gas station up the road and there's about 46,521,978,472,661 stars up in the sky.

What the fuck could possibly go wrong?.....

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
So now I'm on ten acres of pines, palms, oaks and grass with my nearest neighbor three hundred yards away, instead of surrounded by asphalt, Angelenos, sirens, taxaholic polis and gang bangers. I now have to hit a switch to get H2O to come out of the ground and pour out the tap. It's off-yellow, but tastes ok. My doo-doo now goes into a huge plastic holding tank that's buried somewhere down near Hades. There's bugs here that resemble those of Costa Rica. Electricity is twice what Kali charges. 911 responders are probably at least 25 minutes away. I'm a bit concerned about fire (though I could easily drive the Suburban through all the wire fences around me if the S ever HTF), given that half the property is covered in lodge pole pines, surrounded by a metric shit ton of pine needles (that the deer use for matresses), the surface dirt around here is actually like sugar sand, I know it rains at least twenty inches a year, lightening strikes will be a definite occurance eventually, there's six endangered Gopher tortoises living in burrows, I might soon have a pet chamelean, there's a ton of tiny meat-eating ants that bite like shit and Saki the Wonder Dawg has managed to already find 3 million of the four million burr/sticker thingys that fall off of some plant that grows around here. Groceries are 30% more than Hell-A, everyone I've met is nicer than a horny nun, gas is $3.85 (as opposed to $4.35), the fishing looks fuktastic, the air is clean, the ocean is warm, I haven't worn anything but shorts & go-heads since I got here, put up some paper targets a while ago and shot the shit out of them (without a single appearance by either the neighbors nor the cops), they sell Fin-Nor reels, turkey callers and .300 Savage at the gas station up the road and there's about 46,521,978,472,661 stars up in the sky.

Hurricanes and Mosquitoes - and the meth-lab lads that you pissed off remindin' 'em to tip their hats to the lady.

Seriously Rick - I hope that your new digs work out great for ya - got room for a couple tents on the lawn?

(you gotta buy a couple boats now - a jon Boat will work 'til ya get your flats skiff - and a good Kayak is a must too)

Paddle faster. I hear banjoes!
Shoot - them boys are with us, they're OK!

So how close to the beach are you?

Eleven and a half minutes.......
On foot, or Vincent Black Shadow?
Ooohh - you can't talk like that without posting pics! The Vincent Black Shadow is the one bike I lust after that will probably never sit in my garage.

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
mud dauber wasps - welcome to hell

ticks and chiggers too

got none of those things in coastal california

Last edited by a moderator:

Southern_Copperhead.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mikewof

mikewof
mud dauber wasps - welcome to hell

ticks and chiggers too

got none of those things in coastal california
I didn't mind the mud wasps. But the Velvet Ants, sweet mother of the holy beer bong, those things are hell. Wingless wasps, wandering through the grass, stingers the size of sewing needles, nearly impossible to kill.

They call 'em "cow killers."

Cow_Ant.JPG

You been missed back home at the beach ???
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

Hope you stayed on the good side of CAT-5

let me know if ya find any of those bitchin old cars/trucks w floats people run over from Cuba in

No Income-Tax in FL so I hear

but it's actually just like kalifornia No-Income = No -Income-Tax

did you leave the Nurse back at work in KA. ??