Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

MSafiri

Paris/France
Folks,

Being a newbie here, I keep caming back to read all this stuff here, and smile like crazy............not sure if you seen this,

"Due to a resurgence of abusive blog comments attempts from the psychologically imbalanced Sailing Anarchy crowd, I have changed the requirements for blog comments. You will now have to be a registered user. Anonymous comments are no longer possible. The individuals who wish to continue leaving comments to be rejected for abusive content, will now be able to be duly reported to the powers that be with an identifying address to which they receive email and have a registered IP address.

1000 Days At Sea regrets the inconvenience that this additional requirement may cause, and asks you to bear with us as we put a stop to some abuse of the system of blogging by a few disturbed individuals.

Thank you & Smooth Sailing!

Signed,

The Blogger for R&S"

One word, Shame on all of you and keep doing it :)

MSafiri

I find distasteful within this thread is that firstly we have never heard from RS directly
If you'd like to talk to me I'm in the booth just to the right of the pie display case.

A man's home is his....

Cap'n Stowe

Mars_Cheese_Castle_2.jpg

Updates are unavailable because you are idiots.

And the word is spreading:

Update -- Friday, 10.5.07: I've deleted the link to the Sailing Anarchy Web site because I've discovered the site is frequented by Holocaust deniers, among other types. More importantly, the tone and intensity of the thread I had linked to have passed the threshold of good fun and ventured afield into tasteless and perhaps legally questionable grounds. Though I blog anonymously, I don't write anything here that I wouldn't say to someone in person, neither do I post malicious attacks packaged as "parody" that damage anyone's personal or public reputation (any further than they've done to themselves already). There are lines between legitimate parody, fair comment and a more vicious and venomousLord of the Flies -flavored focused gang attack on one person. The latter is the territory of bullies, neo-fascists and keyboard cowards and I do not support it. I blog to raise awareness, not for the psychic satisfaction of slandering any one person or a person's public reputation. That's not what Americans do, at least not in the America I know.

That's sad.

Is your behavior here up to public scrutiny?

In many ways this thread reminds me of the long running exchanges that we had on the “infamous” Mac26 thread saga of a while ago. I really enjoyed that thread, and although the person at the centre of discussion, who shall remain nameless as not to resurrect his alter ego back from it’s own little dark place in which it lurks, ever waiting to jump out on any unwary sailer who passes too close by and through innocence become consumed by the “fourth mode”.I grudgingly found that as the weeks err months went by, I acquired an unwanted, misguided respect for Mi’’’ (opps almost said THAT name) as he at least stayed on line to answer EVERTHING that was thrown at him. He didn’t hide behind anything or anyone; he never used a swathe of false identities, but instead stood up and faced all his detractors personally and used his true identity for all to see. You have to admire the resolve of some one whose concepts are sooo wrong and yet will stand and defend them no matter what.

As opposed to the 26 thread the thing that I find distasteful within this thread is that firstly we have never heard from RS directly (I would be enormously surprised if he wasn’t aware of us), and secondly that there are these low life “Roid Hovians” regularly infiltrating this site and trying by many different approaches to undermine and hopefully (for them), kill it off

Some of their tactics have been straight out of a “how to propaganda” book, while I would swear that some are reading “Machiavellians works” then immediately trying it on here. Some have been/are a little more subtle and May not have been identified – YET -, but just the fact that we do know that THEY are here in itself undermines our ability to discourse as freely as we may some times like. There is always the thought –maybe what I write will be taken as an indication that I am ONE OF THEM. - a slow road to paranoia. I find myself looking at the joining date of each member that posts and I view ANY newbie, or even anyone who has only joined in the last three months as a “possible” (sorry to all the legitimate “newbies”) and I don’t like having to do that. I have always preferred to take everyone “at face value” and these “Roid Hovian, fifth columnists” have made that difficult. So, you could say that in a small way they have had their limited success.

The only way that I see to defeat them is to persevere with this thread to the very end of cheesy reedy and his swarthy minion and may the tax office take “interest” (very close interest) in all the Hovians.

Just my thoughts

(I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!!!! Oops should read HOVIAN)
Paranoia, will destroy ya....

Embrace your inner fascist little man!

This is how it begins...

After several back and forth emails to various offices of the Maersk shipping line, and, although they were all very polite in their correspondence, I was unable to acquire the desired information concerning any so-called “collision”. They could/would neither confirm nor deny. So last night (my time, working hours their time) I phoned a long time Danish sailing friend of mine in Copenhagen who happens to be a (not unsubstantial) shareholder of Maersk shares, and who also has a close working business relationship with Maersk.After briefly describing to him the antics relating to the “Anne” and the short version of what has been occurring here on Anarchy, and overcoming his initial belief that everything that I was telling him was in someway a “practical joke” that I was trying to play on him, (he has always considered my sense of humour warped, by his Danish standards), he promised to view this thread to verify my recounting. About 20 minutes ago, after he had spent some hours of reading he phoned me to say that he had “skimmed” a large portion of this thread and that even after “seeing” it in black and white he had still found it all “strange” (I took that in understated Danish for, absolutely unbelievable and weird). Anyway, as a favour to me and as his own curiosity had also been aroused he made a few phone calls to associates of his connected with Maersk. This is a brief account of what he has conveyed to me.

1 The Maersk Dunneden is equipped with a surface, radar system that automatically scans for any surface object that could be a “collision” hazard.

2. Any surface object (he believes down to the size of a “row boat?) That comes within approximately a 12nm radius of the Dunneden is automatically computer logged

3. If any floating object that comes within that 12nm radius and is computer calculated to be on a collision heading, an automatic proximity alarm is activated.

4. Over a twenty-four hour period on the day in question there was no collision proximity report registered on the ships computer log

5. The recorded records of the computer log are “locked” (in a similar way to the “black box” on all aircraft) and cannot be “tampered with” at sea.

To me that would seem to indicate that the “Anne” never came to within a 12nm radius of the Maersk at any time?
That gear has to be plugged in to work, assrockets.

All this whoop-tee-doo equipment sounds good for liability purposes -- we know how well this stuff functions ALL THE TIME.

Because boats and ships NEVER COLLIDE, EVER! Idoits.

If this is true, I think you should document it with more facts.
DaveK
I hope the facts come out but, not the hemRoid is a total scam.... my wife and I were betting on this one and I took the side that he was really just bobbing around out there going nowhere. I was hoping to win a backrub out of it. If this Fucker turns out to be a complete sham, I'll be pissed that I wasted some 165 days waiting for him to sink.

Burnsy

Super Anarchist
Milwaukee, WI
I know what my Halloween costume is going to be. No copycatting.

The real question is, do I go as the old classic Void Hovian, or the new age Jimmy Buffett Hovian? It's like young vs fat Elvis.

sailflat said:
1000days.net seems to be gone... or is it just me?

It's working for me..

Hey dagbar... interesting re the danish connection but of course the RoidHovians (currently on ignore) will shoot your argument down in flames claiming that it was a technical malfunction I am sure. And as we all know Container Lines like Maersk just love ignoring their own mandates for collision avoidance at sea because they can't wait to pay for damages from their own pockets... they have no wish to claim on insurance in the event of any such incidents and are therefore more than happy for their crew to play cheese hockey in the hold or read sailing anarchy forums than maintain a proper watch system. As for supplying a log of any malfunctions.. well why on earth would they need to do that.? .. as if they'd ever need to refute any collision allegations!.

glexpress

Super Anarchist
Hill Valley
I know what my Halloween costume is going to be. No copycatting.
The real question is, do I go as the old classic Void Hovian, or the new age Jimmy Buffett Hovian? It's like young vs fat Elvis.

Kinda like Elvis, except I don’t see the ending for Reid on the toilet or head as it were. Perhaps hunched over a toilet in a prison cell, but not on the toilet.

jryan

Position updates remain unavailabe. Wonder why.
can't be too far from the last reported, if valid. just downwind/downcurrent a bit

hiding from the rescue boat, cult going into full paranoia mode: media story just gets better, vids more valuable if boat harder to find

good - more attention means (1) more entertainment value and (2) better chance of a comic end

RobinCrusoe

It's working for me..
Hey dagbar... interesting re the danish connection but of course the RoidHovians (currently on ignore) will shoot your argument down in flames claiming that it was a technical malfunction I am sure. And as we all know Container Lines like Maersk just love ignoring their own mandates for collision avoidance at sea because they can't wait to pay for damages from their own pockets... they have no wish to claim on insurance in the event of any such incidents and are therefore more than happy for their crew to play cheese hockey in the hold or read sailing anarchy forums than maintain a proper watch system. As for supplying a log of any malfunctions.. well why on earth would they need to do that.? .. as if they'd ever need to refute any collision allegations!.
Good points about the danish connection - except I don't know that "we all know" Maersk ignores its own mandates. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. However, it should all be resolved when Joe at the 1000 days mission control completes the investigation he said he was doing into liability. He told Stowe specifrically that he would do the investigation into what Maersk might have to pay. Obviously that investigation would include finding equipment was unplugged or malfunctioning. And - it likely would not cost too much if Joe can convince the Coast Guard to get interested. Of course, to support the claim there has to be some evidence of a "collision"beyond simple speculation that Maersk is covering it up. Thus far there not only is no such evidence but all the evidence points the other way. That's why the issue is no longer viable and that's why the coast guard couldn't care less about the rantings. Unless "mission control" comes up with something in a true investigation, it's over. And if "Mission Control" turns up something else, then it proves Stowe was not maintaining a watch. Or that the tub was so unseaworthy that it couldn't maneuver. It's all over Traci. dead.

awolf209

Super Anarchist
Reid himself (or Jesse) stated that their radar was up and working that night, so it possibly being "off" is not an issue.

And as for Reid and Soyana being aware of this site, I am fairly certain they are not! Back in August I managed to post a negative comment on their blog because of pressure about how he censors everything. At that time, a man names Tom Cohoe and I got Jesse to admit that he doesn't give R/S any of the blog comments, and that HE (Jesse) writes every comment under the Reid and Soyana Said comments, that they had given him license to do that. Sayonara herself has said that the little time she spends on the computer, she's reading and answering her emails. Using the computer uses a lot of their energy, so it is only used for important matters (her emails).

Therefore, chances are slim to none that Reid knows about this site. And because he's such a egomaniac, I think the moron would be commenting here using his own name.

elle

Super Anarchist
After several back and forth emails to various offices of the Maersk shipping line, and, although they were all very polite in their correspondence, I was unable to acquire the desired information concerning any so-called “collision”. They could/would neither confirm nor deny. So last night (my time, working hours their time) I phoned a long time Danish sailing friend of mine in Copenhagen who happens to be a (not unsubstantial) shareholder of Maersk shares, and who also has a close working business relationship with Maersk.After briefly describing to him the antics relating to the “Anne” and the short version of what has been occurring here on Anarchy, and overcoming his initial belief that everything that I was telling him was in someway a “practical joke” that I was trying to play on him, (he has always considered my sense of humour warped, by his Danish standards), he promised to view this thread to verify my recounting. About 20 minutes ago, after he had spent some hours of reading he phoned me to say that he had “skimmed” a large portion of this thread and that even after “seeing” it in black and white he had still found it all “strange” (I took that in understated Danish for, absolutely unbelievable and weird). Anyway, as a favour to me and as his own curiosity had also been aroused he made a few phone calls to associates of his connected with Maersk. This is a brief account of what he has conveyed to me.

1 The Maersk Dunneden is equipped with a surface, radar system that automatically scans for any surface object that could be a “collision” hazard.

2. Any surface object (he believes down to the size of a “row boat?) That comes within approximately a 12nm radius of the Dunneden is automatically computer logged

3. If any floating object that comes within that 12nm radius and is computer calculated to be on a collision heading, an automatic proximity alarm is activated.

4. Over a twenty-four hour period on the day in question there was no collision proximity report registered on the ships computer log

5. The recorded records of the computer log are “locked” (in a similar way to the “black box” on all aircraft) and cannot be “tampered with” at sea.

To me that would seem to indicate that the “Anne” never came to within a 12nm radius of the Maersk at any time?
i sent an email to maersk yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to actually receive replies (very short email saying i was researching reids allegations of being hit by their ship). though the replies did not give me any info (they recommend i contact their local offices) they did actually respond. i would think if they got enough questions about this supposed incident they would eventually want to either confirm or deny reid's allegations of being hit by their ship.

dagmar, did your friend actually see the 1000daysatsea blog where reid has posted on the world wide web a picture of their ship dunedin and the allegation that it hit him and that claims he spoke to the captain of the dunedin?

here is a link to the log. see the bottom of the page may 7th and 8th.

1000daysatsea may log

interesting that the pic reid has on the blog is directly off maersk's own website.

maersk

maersk contact page i clicked on "send an email" on this page.

Last edited by a moderator:

sailflat

Super Anarchist
It's working for me..

It was a local malfunction.... Like that on the Container Ship ;)

So...

Something to keep in mind... The crew of the boat doesn't have a direct connection to the internet and unlike Roid Ho... Unlimited time to drift off the coast of Libera.

Last night I send them off the coordinates that bloodygaza calculated. When the sun came up they headed off to have a look... Nothing. I just sent them one more set of coordinates to go for and I expect a report back within an hour. It was one thing if they got out there and found Reid, but they didn't. They don't have all day to drift around on a wild goose chase. I am not sure what kind of documentation that can be made... Think about it...

I did contact a journalist friend that I have from my previous days as a sports photographer... He is working on a story and made a couple of suggestions.... "The news media can be his(Reids) biggest friend or biggest enemy and they don't like to be lied to. When they are writing "feature" stories they really don't do a lot of digging and take information from the source(Reid-Hovians) as correct. Contact the news organizations that have written feel good stories on Reid and give them the whole story as you know it. They HATE to be lied to and will attach to the Reid-Hovians like a pit bull. "

I think we should start with ESPN

They wrote a feature article on Reid and were obviously manipulated. Check out the comments from Jon Sanders in the article, obviously he wasn't fooled. We should try to get more comments from him and link to them on Wikipedia as well.

Got to go and get ready to leave for Annapolis, but more later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good points about the danish connection - except I don't know that "we all know" Maersk ignores its own mandates. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

umm obviously my sarcasm didnt translate crusoe... of course a worldwide shipping company would maintain its equipment and they'd tear new assholes if the crew didnt maintain watch... that was the whole point of illustrating the farce this has become...

more importantly now ...

Where is The Cheesy Ann REALLY?? (still hearing echoes of Donald Crowhurst here)