Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

swan70

Super Anarchist
Mustang Ranch
Fascist and Racist, too. Cool for you.
Racist? Thats me running on the far left.

YGP2CA.jpg

learningcurve

Anarchist
Classification (category under which an organization may be tax exempt)Charitable Organization
Besides Stowe, who benefits from the charity? Doesnt there have to be some third party beneficiary?

I suspect the IRS is on the lookout for frauds setup under these terms in attempt to look legit.

Anyone know tax law? Or better yet, an auditor at the IRS?

swan70

Super Anarchist
Mustang Ranch
Besides Stowe, who benefits from the charity? Doesnt there have to be some third party beneficiary?
I suspect the IRS is on the lookout for frauds setup under these terms in attempt to look legit.

Anyone know tax law? Or better yet, an auditor at the IRS?
He is helping the Mars Mission. :lol:

JustDroppingBy

Super Anarchist
Mr Boombastic said:
Yes, I resemble that remark.
Did I meantion that little kids make me hard.

....paranoia will destroy ya....
The perverted uncle that no one leaves alone with the kids suits you so much better than posturing along like an illiterate Henry Higgins talking to your idea of a board full of Eliza Doolittles.

:)

To everyone,

I apologize for my posts here.

I've been having a manic episode.

I'm back under treatment now.

Again, my apologies.

No, really.

(note that I'm the one with the period after the "Mr" -- the original Mr. Boombastic.)

Last edited by a moderator:

elle

Super Anarchist
Elle, this is Reid we're talking about, and the main reason for this particular forum is because of how ill-prepared he was for this voyage and what terrible shape his boat is in (a couple minor details: it leaks, it has about a foot of barnacles and 'fuzz' on the bottom -- which are probably keeping the tub from disintegrating :lol: ), so for him to have anything logical like a book on fishing would be so unnecessary for him...remember, he knows everything. Way back when, Sayonara was wishing she had a book on the heavens so she could learn what stars she was looking at. What fucking sailor who is going around the world doesn't have a map of the skies? They have fois gras but no books on fishing! And their life raft is below dack wrapped in saran wrap or whatever! And the three fish - they just ate them a couple days ago so maybe they're puking their brains out today. :p
fuckin A! that was freeeking hilarious! "if i knew the names of the constellations i would have been able to name every one." hahaha

another soayna quote worthy of remembering from somewhere in the first few days "i was ready to go on watch but reid said it wasn't necessary because we hadn't seen a boat in the are all day" this just days before supposed collision! LMAO!

it is such a shame that they are hell bent on deleting every legitimate question regarding the prep, or lack there of, for this little mission. not to mention every legitimate piece of advice given on their blog.

here is a better close up of that p.o.s. "figurehead" and the bow for comparison sake.

bowsprit.jpg

To everyone,I apologize for my posts here.

I've been having a manic episode.

I'm back under treatment now.

Again, my apologies.

No, really.

(note that I'm the one with the period after the "Mr" -- the original Mr. Boombastic.)
no, really. I'm a certified nut. Papers to prove it.

But at least I'm not a dangerous nut, despite strange notes from mystery people wanting to meet me for lunch to "prove the veracity" of my claims here. But I digress. (I talk some shit, but I'm not stupid.)

I may be nuts, but that's better than being what I've found here.

Enjoy your feeding frenzy, because karma's a bitch.

elle

Super Anarchist
has anyone actually read the launch brochure? for davek it includes their mission statement and goals, but not method of documentation of the voyage. i am still assuming that they think their website, blog and mission control plotting will constitute proof for record setting purposes.

launch brochure

BREAKING NEWS, New York Harbor,

Hoboken , New Jersey -- Saturday, April 21,

2007 at 3:00pm is the departure time of the

longest non-stop sea voyage in history.

Preparations are complete for Reid Stowe and

Soanya Ahmad to depart the Terra Firma and

not step foot on any land for 1000 days.

Departure will be from the pier at 14th Street

and Frank Sinatra Drive, Hoboken, NJ. They

will not refuel, not re-supply, and not pull into

any harbor during the entire voyage.

When they cast off they will follow global trade

winds from New York eastward toward Europe,

then to the southern coast of Africa. and begin a

route to scribe a huge heart shape graphic on the

ocean between Africa and South America. They

will then continue around Africa, through the

Indian Ocean, past Australia, around the end of

South America’s Cape Horn to circumnavigate

the globe in the southern hemisphere 4 times.

Their return to New York Harbor will be the

first time they will have seen land in almost

three years.

"The object of the voyage is to leave the land

and all support, sail for 1,000 days, non-stop at

sea without receiving help, to live at sea, to be

healthy, to send back good messages and have

the whole world follow the voyage and

understand the importance of it and then we'll

be back sailing back into New York City after

1,000 Days." - Capt. Reid Stowe

Mission Statement

To increase mankind's fundamental understanding

of their unique capabilities and dependence of ones

human existence on the world around them.

Goals

1. To obtain valuable information on the physical

and mental stress which must be overcome during

such an extended voyage. The solitude that will be

a major part of this journey will give insight into

man's tolerance during an extended isolation from

land.

2. To evaluate the effectiveness of various

psychological support techniques when applied

under actual field conditions and examine ways

to resolve interpersonal conflicts.

3. Critical information will be developed not just

for survival but for sustainable human existence.

This would include food, clothing, boating

equipment, communication and a host of other

items that while seeming insignificant during

normal life on land, may assume critical

importance under the stress experienced by

isolation.

4. We can increase our knowledge of the

southern oceans through daily recordings of

water, air temperatures, wind speeds, water and

atmospheric pollution and ozone depletion.

Through these records we will gain insight into

our ultimate dependence on our environment.

5. Education components are planned to instruct

those who follow the voyage. Subjects to be

studied are: marine and atmospheric sciences,

satellite communication, celestial navigation,

computer technology, sail boat repair and

maintenance, nutrition, gardening, health,

physical education, geography, oceanography,

math, world history, languages, psychology as

well as a host of other topics.

6. To inspire others to voyage beyond human

expectations.

7. To promote a global message of hope, peace,

perseverance, achievement and excellence.

swan70

Super Anarchist
Mustang Ranch
no, really. I'm a certified nut. Papers to prove it.But at least I'm not a dangerous nut, despite strange notes from mystery people wanting to meet me for lunch to "prove the veracity" of my claims here. But I digress. (I talk some shit, but I'm not stupid.)

I may be nuts, but that's better than being what I've found here.

Enjoy your feeding frenzy, because karma's a bitch.
I am sad that you are confused about your sexuality.

DaveK

Super Anarchist
Austin, TX
The perverted uncle that no one leaves alone with the kids suits you so much better than posturing along like an illiterate Henry Higgins talking to your idea of a board full of Eliza Doolittles.
:)
That's 2 boots in the nuts for you quoting him. Stop it, Ignore it and move on like the rest have.

Your adding to the spam here and I am too by by trying to stop it. There are 3 bastic cases to ignore.

Scot used to be pretty cool by deleting these scum sucking bottom feeders but, not any more.

Clean.... you got some pull with Ed... do something! Slap shit "ain't I funny" gets beyond old. I've mentioned to Ed that if wants assholes around here then at least keep the ones with intelligence.

DaveK

Nettles

Super Anarchist
Mumbledead
Ok Lads and Lasses, I've got a stupid suggestion but you're gonna have to bear with me.

I have to preface this with the admission that I am the next closest thing to a Luddite that could post on a board. I do know lotso tech savvy folks though, enough to get me here and on the rest of the interweb (and I gotta tell ya, for a country boy it sure is an eyeopener), so I know that some real time satellite stuff is available. For an example, how it is possible for people to look for Steve Fosset ?

So my question is this - why can't we take the position of the floating train wreck, shit, lets say say 10/1, and compare it to Google earth's image of that day? See if the mofo is actually there? Pick any day for those of us less connected (like me) and match it up to his coordinates, and see if they're really there? Can't one of y'all cipher this out? Cus I gotta tell yus, I don't think they are where they say. I think... Well, it's not important what I think but this is a case for McGruff the crime dog if ever I saw one.

And BTY Boomhitmeintheass, you are the first person on SA I have had to use my childlike computer skills to put on ignore. Congradulations motherfucker.

Shife

Super Anarchist
Ok Lads and Lasses, I've got a stupid suggestion but you're gonna have to bear with me.
I have to preface this with the admission that I am the next closest thing to a Luddite that could post on a board. I do know lotso tech savvy folks though, enough to get me here and on the rest of the interweb (and I gotta tell ya, for a country boy it sure is an eyeopener), so I know that some real time satellite stuff is available. For an example, how it is possible for people to look for Steve Fosset ?

So my question is this - why can't we take the position of the floating train wreck, shit, lets say say 10/1, and compare it to Google earth's image of that day? See if the mofo is actually there? Pick any day for those of us less connected (like me) and match it up to his coordinates, and see if they're really there? Can't one of y'all cipher this out? Cus I gotta tell yus, I don't think they are where they say. I think... Well, it's not important what I think but this is a case for McGruff the crime dog if ever I saw one.

And BTY Boomhitmeintheass, you are the first person on SA I have had to use my childlike computer skills to put on ignore. Congradulations motherfucker.
AFAIK, Google Earth isn't updated daily, especially the high-res images.