Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

DaveK

Super Anarchist
Austin, TX
Got a feeling we won’t hear much from Sailflat this weekend since the boat show is on. He is the guy with the rescue boat info. I want to hear more credible details about said mission. I’m not doubting Sailflat yet. But, Ya know.. the tree falling in the forest thing. Anyone can say anything at this point but I hope there was a concerned effort made.

However, does it even matter if he is sitting on a beach telling Sonya to put lime in the coconut and drink it all up. I’ve been trying to weed through all of the shit here and get to the point of it. There is no record attempt. Most of his sponsors just supplied him with something so, that’s done and gone. His subscribers to donate monthly? If there are any, what a bunch loons and the blog site should do enough to take care of that. His reididians would spend it anyways.

I dunno…. Just trying to figure out what the point is now. I know what it was and I think this thread has reached its no purpose end.

DaveK

Last edited by a moderator:

Shife

Super Anarchist
Feel the power of suggestion. Lawyers? Who said anything about suing anyone in particular? Ever.Who would I sue and for what?

It's not that I disagree with this group's assessment of Reid Ho. Hell, I may even agree.

But the way you're going after him is totally wrong. Beyond that, you're just jerkoffs.

Take down the malicious web site. You're violating copyright laws and causing public harm to a man's reputation. Both of those things are actionable, no matter what your beer-addled wharf wisdom tells you. You've got boats, I assume. Boats mean assets. Cover them.

Over time, you'll realize that there is always, Always, ALWAYS someone better, stronger, faster, smarter, richer an/or prettier than you are -- It's part of growing up.

Meanwhile, go play in the water

You really need help.

The 1000 days of hell blog is opinion and parody. Just like the posts in this forum. Nobody is forcing you to agree with or read what we write. Good luck finding a lawyer to waste his time with that. Ever heard of Saturday Night Live? Guess you better run and tell them that they can't make fun of people. They've only been doing it for three decades. Somebody should really stop them.

As far as your 'account'. There is no deleting it. The Ed may choose to boot your annoying ass out of here and ban your IP address, but your screennames and BS will stick around here forever. Just like the herpes Reid gave you.

Question for you: What pisses you off more; The fact that you donated to a fraud, or the fact that we're rubbing your face in it?

jryan

Got a feeling we won’t hear much from Sailflat this weekend since the boat show is on. He is the guy with the rescue boat info. I want to hear more credible details about said mission. I’m not doubting Sailflat yet. But, Ya know.. the tree falling in the forest thing. Anyone can say anything at this point but I hope there was a concerned effort made.
However, does it even matter if he is sitting on a beach telling Sonya to put lime in the coconut and drink it all up. I’ve been trying to weed through all of the shit here and get to the point of it. There is no record attempt. Most of his sponsors just supplied him with something so, that’s done and gone. His subscribers to donate monthly? If there are any, what a bunch loons and the blog site should do enough to take care of that. His reididians would spend it anyways.

I dunno…. Just trying to figure out what the point is now. I know what it was and I think this thread has reached its no purpose end.

DaveK
I agree the money con part is pretty much over & likely wasn't much in any case. I do think they're on the water because they don't have the money to stop and I'd guess reid's vanity is too big a factor to do an actually sensible con like stopping & hiding.

The continuing con job is their public claim to be doing real & serious sailing. If they were just doing their weird & stupid shit quietly, I think most people wouldn't have a problem, other than some sympathy. But the lying, exaggeration, fake mystic shit, etc. all directed to the most media attention he can get (for vanity? future profit?) is just wrong: sport of ocean sailing has hard enough time getting proper publicity without clowns like this misleading non-sailors. And if something really stupid happens (likely) then he'll make us all look bad - unless the MSM gets the truth first.

So I think that is where this thread seems to be going now (trolls on ignore of course), getting the facts clarified (e.g. specific & provable lies about the 'collision' & bowsprit, 501c3, etc.) & the MSM involved (the hell blog will get some attention, rescue attempts). The process is kind of interesting to watch, even if the original car-wreck-type spectacle has become less riveting.

It's a real story, particularly if a 'rescue boat' eventually does find them & gets some pics/vids. Once story goes mainstream, then I think the thread will trail off soon after.

You really need help.
The 1000 days of hell blog is opinion and parody. Just like the posts in this forum. Nobody is forcing you to agree with or read what we write. Good luck finding a lawyer to waste his time with that. Ever heard of Saturday Night Live? Guess you better run and tell them that they can't make fun of people. They've only been doing it for three decades. Somebody should really stop them.

As far as your 'account'. There is no deleting it. The Ed may choose to boot your annoying ass out of here and ban your IP address, but your screennames and BS will stick around here forever. Just like the herpes Reid gave you.

Question for you: What pisses you off more; The fact that you donated to a fraud, or the fact that we're rubbing your face in it?
OK. Let me school you, since you obviously don't know how this works.

It's not about Roid Ho suing you. Yet.

Let me explain using crayons and simple words for you.

Any mouth breather can put up a blog on Blogger. Google owns Blogger. Therefore Roid Ho can sue Google for Blogger content that portrays him unfavorably. Google, which is the hugest fucking corporation on the planet and operates -- in a legal sense -- on and in every continent, territory, principality, dictatorship, shit house, dog house and hen house where people tap computer keys. So if you're in England or Oz or the Canary Islands or Bermuda or up your girlfriend's ass in a tent in Somalia, Google can get you in court if it wants you there.

Google doesn't like to be sued. THEREFORE, Google has a really, really good legal team in standards and practices and DMCA enforcement. Google doesn't like legal exposure, especially caused by mouth breathers like yourselves.

THEREFORE, all Roid Ho has to do is send an affidavit w/electronic signature outlining the copyright infringements on the 1,000 Ways to Get Sued site to Google and Google will pull the plug nearly instantly, especially in this case of usage. Then, if you morons really like your blog and want it back, you can file a counter notification, though it won't fly in this case. If you still want your blog back, you can sue Google. Good luck with that. End of story. Unless...

Then there's the matter of placing a man's picture next to dead and imprisoned cult leaders/criminals. That is a gem that speaks for itself and is certainly damaging to the man's public reputation. Subsequent lawyer action is completely up to Roid and his merry band.

I'd say in a legal environment wherein a man can be sued for $15 million for panning a guy's book and calling that guy a, "classic crackpot" on his blog, or wherein a blogger can be sued for comments left on his blog, your legal exposure, especially you, sailflat, is considerable. Ugliness abounds. You might not get beat in a court action, but the lawyer's fees are killer.

If you put my face in a box with convicted murderers and dead cult leaders and asked if I was one in a headline, I'd be making a call. But that's just me. And we're all who we are. Google will protect its interests first, which will work in Roid's favor in this case. If Roid lawyers up after that, all bets are off and , as ever, you're on your own. And for what? A few giggles over a slick dude? There have been slick dudes putting to sea on the pretext of adventure since Ulysses. How is this guy any different and what does it matter to you? You're children. Now, I'll expect you all to start equivocating and backing off and slowly saving face by quietly disappearing, sensing that you've really stepped into a bear trap this time. (If you think that, you're absolutely correct, BTW)

So how do I delete my account here?

WuWei

Day 167 Re-Leathering the Gaff Jaws Saturday, 06 October 2007

Wind S 8-10 knots, Course WSW, Speed 2-3, Position: 02 25 N, 16 05 W

Today I dropped the mainsail for a series of adjustments and repairs. The first thing I did was climb the mainmast to repair a peak halyard pulley and tighten a big eye-bolt that held another pulley. I tightened the strings holding the radar reflector and greased the new sheet copper while up there watching a rain squall approach. I got down from the mast just in time to clean up my tools, roll up the jib, and jump inside as the rain hit. It didn't last long so I didn't try catching any for our main tank. I stripped some lashings off the mainsail and maneuvered the gaff jaws down where I could work on them. These gaff jaws are an old-fashioned way to hold the gaff to the mast and I think they are really beautiful. They and the wooden tumbler were given to me by a friend who salvaged them from the Lettie G. Howard 20 years ago as this very fine schooner was being rebuilt by the South Street Seaport museum. That makes them very old and the Lettie G. Howard is much bigger than the schooner Anne so these jaws are oversized for us, but I don't mind. That makes them a little heavier than we need, but Soanya and I just heave them up by hand and they are one piece of equipment I don't worry about breaking. We greased up the new leather and they are quietly working at the top of the mainmast now.

Note in the picture the torn seam in the mainsail. There are a few more. The sail still sets well and we keep going. We will have to drop the mainsail again tomorrow so I can sew them up. I need a dry day because I use contact cement on the seam to hold them exactly in place while I sew. It's a lot harder repairing big heavy sails at sea then spreading them out on a quiet floor. Day by day, whatever it takes, we will keep the schooner going.

Soanya's View:

Reid talks very casually about stripping off the lashings to work on the gaff. Of course, he knows what every piece of rope does and where it goes, but for me it's a big mystery. There are many many lashings, and there are different rings that they are threaded through. When he starts taking strings off, I wonder how they find their way back. It's difficult enough trying to keep track of the major ropes that raise and lower the sails. Then there are the ropes that are peripheral to the sails, but no less important like the running backstay, which pull the masts in the opposite direction than the sails are pulling it so that they remain somewhat straight. Anyway, all the lashings are put back into place and amazingly as we raised the sail, there were no lashings in the wrong place or forgotten altogether. I guess practice makes perfect.

Reid and Soanya
Holy crap! (I could not post the "copyrighted" pic, he he he) There is a HUGE tear in the main! I thought Sprout-Smoker repaired all the sails? He could have at least temp-fixed it with some sail tape... Apparently, a big-ass tear in the main is not a big deal to Reid. Just like a reef growing on the bottom of the boat, leaky diesel yanks, leaky water tanks, leaky boat, broken toilet... Soanya's post also shows us how quick her learning skills are- what an excellent first mate... no, Soanya, the lines find their way back via GPS... They are smarter tham you, go back to watering the sprouts...

DaveK

Super Anarchist
Austin, TX
I agree the money con part is pretty much over & likely wasn't much in any case. I do think they're on the water because they don't have the money to stop and I'd guess reid's vanity is too big a factor to do an actually sensible con like stopping & hiding.
The continuing con job is their public claim to be doing real & serious sailing. If they were just doing their weird & stupid shit quietly, I think most people wouldn't have a problem, other than some sympathy. But the lying, exaggeration, fake mystic shit, etc. all directed to the most media attention he can get (for vanity? future profit?) is just wrong: sport of ocean sailing has hard enough time getting proper publicity without clowns like this misleading non-sailors. And if something really stupid happens (likely) then he'll make us all look bad - unless the MSM gets the truth first.

So I think that is where this thread seems to be going now (trolls on ignore of course), getting the facts clarified (e.g. specific & provable lies about the 'collision' & bowsprit, 501c3, etc.) & the MSM involved (the hell blog will get some attention, rescue attempts). The process is kind of interesting to watch, even if the original car-wreck-type spectacle has become less riveting.

It's a real story, particularly if a 'rescue boat' eventually does find them & gets some pics/vids. Once story goes mainstream, then I think the thread will trail off soon after.
I agree with you but the “rescue boat” is vague. I have to make that point. Not sure why but I’m looking for facts here (maybe a waste of my time). I’m hoping Sailflat is true to his word.

This going mainstream? Then dropping off? I dunno what that means. I guess this is only a train wreck with a bunch of rubber neckers. Me being one of them.

DaveK

Shife

Super Anarchist
This is absolutely hilarious. A guy that got duped by a homeless con man is trying to dispense legal advice to us. I personally think Reid will be far more concerned with continuing to dodge his back child support.

This is absolutely hilarious. A guy that got duped by a homeless con man is trying to dispense legal advice to us. I personally think Reid will be far more concerned with continuing to dodge his back child support.
Note the second copyright notice now present on the front page of the 1,000 Days.net Web site.

My work here is done.

Now only to wait for the hammer to fall.

Let these kids have their little adventure.

copyrihts.jpg

RobinCrusoe

The question was. "what's the point of this thread now that we know stowe is a fraud?" there's nothing left to do. There never was a real point to the thread since there never was a point to stowe and jessee and joe and the rest of that tub of fools. Now it's entertainment - watdhing pansyboy sputter and spit and say stuff as it hits him in the back of the head and just goes right through out an open mouth. The thing about suing is what I'm presently enjoying - rule one in suing is one word - "retainer." No retainer, no suit. Trouble with lawyers is they really do like to get paid and they really don't like to take someone else's imagined problem on their own account and then give that person some of the money they made. Personal injury? Sure it's contingent fee - after the lawyer is certain of the range of damages AND that there's a way to collect - like an insurance company. Lawyers do NOT chase assets to get paid - that's what collection agencies do. Lawyers get paid from the money paid at judgment time. so there needs to be money there.

Google? Do you really think you're the first person in the history of the internet to think of suing google? Dumbshits like you are a dime a gross. Call google and see how many claims they got today - just today. So yeah - they don't like to get sued. For copyright infringement? Google is going to laugh in someone's face if that idea is ever presented. But - what's your answer to the question earlier? If it's copyrighted, why are YOU using the picture and posting it here? Got an assignment of the copoyright? A license to use it?

There's no point to the 1000 days thing - everytning about it has been debunked. It's a complete fraud and nothing you or your buddies over there can say or do will change that. Stowe isn't a cpn-man in the truest sense. He's a panhandling pain in the ass people paid to get rid of. I like the other question you're ignoring - what pisses you off more - contributing time and money to a fraud or having your nose rubbed in it? What's your answer, pansyboy?

You talk a lousy game, dumbshit - a really lousy game. Why don't you get someone on who knows what he or she is talking about. Otherwise, knock yourself out making such a complete fool of yourself and your buddies over at 1000 days. Bunch of idiotic losers trying hard to impress people. Never been on a boat outside New York's stinking harbor. Never done anything at all worthwhile - any of you. Panhandling, trash talking bunch of loser punks. that's all you are. NO? defamation suit? bring it on, pansyboy - bring it on or shut the fuck up.

jryan

I agree with you but the “rescue boat” is vague. I have to make that point. Not sure why but I’m looking for facts here (maybe a waste of my time). I’m hoping Sailflat is true to his word.
This going mainstream? Then dropping off? I dunno what that means. I guess this is only a train wreck with a bunch of rubber neckers. Me being one of them.

DaveK
By 'rescue boat' I mean a boat on delivery or cruising that diverts a bit to look for them, as a sort of tourist attraction/chance to earn some bucks with exclusive pics/vids. Curiosity factor - I'd do it if nearby, wouldn't you? - that's why I think sailflat's story is true. Maybe even more interest if a challenge to find - imagine being the first to say 'Captain Ho, I presume?' on tape.

Or if MSM picks it up, and they're somewhat close to land, a specific mission out there for an interview & footage.

Either way, really its for pics/vids but could end up a 'rescue story', particularly later, day 200+

Yeah, if the story goes mainstream (lots of rubber neckers who haven't seen the wreck yet), then people follow it there, this thread has less of a purpose - there's not that much to discuss about these clowns. Sort of already happening actually, as facts & parody get centralized into the hell blog

Tacking

Super Anarchist
I zoomed in on the Google Map on Reid's website. I must say: they are sailing some hot angles there:

elle

Super Anarchist
who was it that told me reid did not know the name of the boat until sometime after the collision? wrong!

listen to the audio

here

reid clearly states he spoke to the ship and gives it's name

also joe or whoever tells soanya to tell reid he will be calling maersk to see about liability and to see if the "will step up and pay"

You talk a lousy game, dumbshit - a really lousy game. Why don't you get someone on who knows what he or she is talking about. Otherwise, knock yourself out making such a complete fool of yourself and your buddies over at 1000 days. Bunch of idiotic losers trying hard to impress people. Never been on a boat outside New York's stinking harbor. Never done anything at all worthwhile - any of you. Panhandling, trash talking bunch of loser punks. that's all you are. NO? defamation suit? bring it on, pansyboy - bring it on or shut the fuck up.
Pissy tonight aren't we?

If you have read and understood what I wrote, it would register in your rodent brain that you don't need to write things like you wrote above. But comprehension obviously isn't your strong suit. Why would I sue you? I've got no dog in this fight. I'm just expanding consciousness here. You know, that's involves, like, thoughts and thinking stuff. (Don't meant to confuse you.)

Additonally, "If it's copyrighted, why are YOU using the picture and posting it here? Got an assignment of the copoyright? A license to use it?" I posted a screen capture of the bottom of the web page showing the copyright notice, not the picture. Note the picture is cut off. I also draw attention to the copyright notice in the post, not the photo. The photo is incidental, I'll never make a dime by the picture being partially displayed here. However, the pictures being used in their entirety on the 1,000 Ways to Get Sued site are the property of R.S and crew and since they might use them in a book someday their value for publication in print later is being degraded by their illegal use now. laugh. it's how it is. I talk a bad game. Life is full of shit you haven't imagined yet. Just give it time.

The verb "to sue" breaks down like this in English, FYI: "sue, sued, suing"

Tacking

Super Anarchist
That's several days old. They've made some progress since the Z:
This was on their website today... I just downloaded it 10 minutes ago (or so). So who are you (sorry, I have not been able to read your posts as you have been posting over 170 in the last 5 days - over 170!!!) that you have this info. One of the Reid-wannabees, I assume?

Oh shit, I probably should ignore you anyway...