Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

RobinCrusoe

Can we just clear up who’s who here?
Swan70…. You’re not being a dick and if your name is Jessie, admit it. It’s fine if you support this adventure and I think you see it for what it is.

Robin…. I’m still trying to figure out your history in this. I don’t think you’ve made that story clear. Som eluded to some things but….. Can we clear that up.

I know there is also Boomass, Capt. Ass and whoever else, but they don’t play a roll in the history. Just jackasses trying to spam a thread.

Thanks

DaveK
Sure - I got intrigued with the 1000 day thing when it started - I watched from about a month before it left New York. I've always wanted to make a long cruise, I've always thought I was born 150 years too late since I was supposed to be the master of Flying Cloud or Lightning and I've always loved schooners. I think of them as a kind of coasting clipper. So - I was intrigued. The "collision" was reported and I believed it. I spent a day finding the Sailwx site and a hardware manufacturer who could provide collision avoidance. I thought there should be a way the data from Sailwx could be integrated with Anne's reported position and an alarm could be sent if anything was getting nearby. I sent that info to jesse who said he was glad to get it and referred some other posters to it. Then the stories became stupid and I worried about Soanya - a complete neophyte who, I concluded, had been conned into this trip by a svengali. I asked a couple of innocent questions like how much she had ever read about the southern ocean (since she'd never been on a sailboat much less at sea) and got promptly told I was off base, that she knew what she was doing, that Reid had all the experience in the world and so forth. Then the "collision" made no sense and the few posts about it that were let through were belittled. then fun was made of "Tom" who was offering some good advice about cracking and leaking. the more I read and the more I looked at pictures, the less sense any of it made. Suddenly all the posts became little congratulations and utter nonsense - like how to use a solar oven and make beans sprout and cook oatmeal. Then I found this thread and I found the interview thread mentioned above. I got on both as did a couple of other posters here. Jesse was on here as sailfastandfree with his normal aggressive posts and then came Swan on the other site. Swan started reasonably enough and sounded truly interested with not much information. We talked, I told him it had been good talking and then dropped out. I checked and he had started again with the idea he would join the "reid bashers" if stowe really thought to go into the southern ocean. I still believed him and then he changed - suddenly it was the conclusion we were all "dumbasses" for thinking there was no "collision" and then it was how stupid stowe is and then how stuipid I am. It went from there to Swan posting there and on the 1000 days site how wrong he was to have ever listened to me and the others and how proud he was of stowe. finally, it was that I am an angry cripple in a wheelchair who probably never sailed and needed to get a life - all the venom and aggression jesse has shown in his various guises - from sailfastandfree forward. When I told Swan I believed him to be Jesse he wondered "what kind of schizophrenic trip" are you on?" Not simply, "you're wrong" but the angry tirade he comes up with every time he runs out of sense.

Anyway - I've been constant throughout. The only real change was when it became clear that Soanya is a willing participant who, by now, should know the danger she's in. So, I wrote them both off and now simply enjoy watching Jesse get up tight and lose control whenever anything is said with which he disagrees. Of course, I lately concluded they aren't going anywhere near the southern ocean - if they are at sea at all.

But it's all not important - it's all in a virtual world just for fun. that's what jesse ought to understand but doesn't.

WuWei

From Reid's journal entry today regarding Soanya:
"Soanya has proven herself capable and adaptable and her stability and brains give me security and confidence. As I plan my strategy for the voyage I always listen to Soanya and want her approval. Isn't she a surprising sea and star pilot voyaging close to the longest consecutive time a woman has spent on the sea? Think about the courage and fortitude that takes. I hope we can inspire many people to dream and look over the horizon for us."

Hopefully they won't be looking for you under sea level.

"Isn't she a surprising sea and star pilot voyaging close to the longest consecutive time a woman has spent on the sea?"

I've read that a half dozen times and cannot figure out what the hell he's trying to convey. Simply painful.
Reid's right. No woman in their right mind would voyage that long with his dumb ass. At least other women sailors KNOW what lines go where. Soanya is definitely a surprising sea and star pilot, all right. Almost 200 days on the boat and doesn't even know how to adjust the main by herself....

swan70

Super Anarchist
Mustang Ranch
Sure - I got intrigued with the 1000 day thing when it started - I watched from about a month before it left New York. I've always wanted to make a long cruise, I've always thought I was born 150 years too late since I was supposed to be the master of Flying Cloud or Lightning and I've always loved schooners. I think of them as a kind of coasting clipper. So - I was intrigued. The "collision" was reported and I believed it. I spent a day finding the Sailwx site and a hardware manufacturer who could provide collision avoidance. I thought there should be a way the data from Sailwx could be integrated with Anne's reported position and an alarm could be sent if anything was getting nearby. I sent that info to jesse who said he was glad to get it and referred some other posters to it. Then the stories became stupid and I worried about Soanya - a complete neophyte who, I concluded, had been conned into this trip by a svengali. I asked a couple of innocent questions like how much she had ever read about the southern ocean (since she'd never been on a sailboat much less at sea) and got promptly told I was off base, that she knew what she was doing, that Reid had all the experience in the world and so forth. Then the "collision" made no sense and the few posts about it that were let through were belittled. then fun was made of "Tom" who was offering some good advice about cracking and leaking. the more I read and the more I looked at pictures, the less sense any of it made. Suddenly all the posts became little congratulations and utter nonsense - like how to use a solar oven and make beans sprout and cook oatmeal. Then I found this thread and I found the interview thread mentioned above. I got on both as did a couple of other posters here. Jesse was on here as sailfastandfree with his normal aggressive posts and then came Swan on the other site. Swan started reasonably enough and sounded truly interested with not much information. We talked, I told him it had been good talking and then dropped out. I checked and he had started again with the idea he would join the "reid bashers" if stowe really thought to go into the southern ocean. I still believed him and then he changed - suddenly it was the conclusion we were all "dumbasses" for thinking there was no "collision" and then it was how stupid stowe is and then how stuipid I am. It went from there to Swan posting there and on the 1000 days site how wrong he was to have ever listened to me and the others and how proud he was of stowe. finally, it was that I am an angry cripple in a wheelchair who probably never sailed and needed to get a life - all the venom and aggression jesse has shown in his various guises - from sailfastandfree forward. When I told Swan I believed him to be Jesse he wondered "what kind of schizophrenic trip" are you on?" Not simply, "you're wrong" but the angry tirade he comes up with every time he runs out of sense.
Anyway - I've been constant throughout. The only real change was when it became clear that Soanya is a willing participant who, by now, should know the danger she's in. So, I wrote them both off and now simply enjoy watching Jesse get up tight and lose control whenever anything is said with which he disagrees. Of course, I lately concluded they aren't going anywhere near the southern ocean - if they are at sea at all.

But it's all not important - it's all in a virtual world just for fun. that's what jesse ought to understand but doesn't.

Congratulations, 1st place for most boring post of all time.

swan70

Super Anarchist
Mustang Ranch
This is from the most recent 1000 day post - "I will say there were times when I wondered it we weren't dragging a lost fishing net."

Fishing net???? I think not. It's called two tons of barnacles and seaweed

fuckthat

Not for me....

Southern Ocean in THAT boat? A 70 foot hulk crewed by a skinny 20 year old newbie and a malnourished psycho? Do you have any idea at all what the southern ocean is all about? It aint cruising on yer swan 70 in 8 knts with a gin in yer left paw as you burp and fart past the yacht club.

Do you have ANY idea at all of weight, wind & waves.

If this guy goes south he is fucked

awolf209

Super Anarchist
I disagree...RC went through the same motions I did in the beginning and the turning point for me was Jesse's reaction to a concerned post from "Tom" because that's when Jesse got nasty with me, too. And that's the day Jesse told everyone that if they wanted to say something nasty to go to SailingAnarchy. I trust Robin...I don't trust you, Swan.... :(

Tacking

Super Anarchist
HAHAHA!

SWAN70 changed his mind about the project? Right!

WHY THE HELL DID YOU VOTE POSITIVELY TWICE for the 1000days website during the last week?

Sucker!

I was once all gung-ho for 1000 day.
I am sorry, I am sorry.........100 times

It was the first day I saw the 1000 day blog what the fuck did I know.

But I have seen the light, with thanks to my mentor aseawolf and others.

But dumb fuck Robin still thinks I am some guy Jessie. Or more recently I am a friend of Jessie or I am Boombastic or I am ..........

Robin, did you stop taking your medication again?
Yawp.

All paranoia, all the time here.

It goes with the demographic, swan.

But hey, these are your peeps, right?

WuWei

This just in from my contact at INTERPOL in Wiesbaden. She was able to zoom in on the last image she sent me that should have put the whole freighter thing to bed. I think this is irrefutable proof that it wasn't a ship. Here's the original and the zooms:
Looks like they found Nessie....

swan70

Super Anarchist
Mustang Ranch
I disagree...RC went through the same motions I did in the beginning and the turning point for me was Jesse's reaction to a concerned post from "Tom" because that's when Jesse got nasty with me, too. And that's the day Jesse told everyone that if they wanted to say something nasty to go to SailingAnarchy. I trust Robin...I don't trust you, Swan.... :(
Don't trust me for what? It's not like I am hanging out with your wife.

Paranoia will destroy you.

Perhaps paragraph breaks would help?

He protests too much.

He's a Reid Hovian.

Get him!

WuWei

I'm not sure, but it looks to me like a Band Aid. Right about the height above the water line as the tip of the now famous bow sprit would have been.
Good dog! But I REFUSE to scratch your butt.

Reid gave Nessie a boo-boo. Nessie was going to eat their boat, but spat it out. "Tastes like sh*t! Blech!" Everyone knows sea monsters don't eat cheese!

ILYAsailor90

Super Anarchist
PNW
What the F%#k I thought BoomAssHat left for good. Now he is back

Hey BoomAssHat I heard that 1000days got hacked, Hahahahahahaha,

How are you doing with that? Karma Bitch!

Check the comments for October 4 (there are 18) He posted a couple of Lithium's rants and then there are these:
Glen Woods said...

Hi there Reid,

Are you aware that url you have at the bottom of this post, boaterstv.com is pointing their users to a site which is being very abusive toward you and your endeavor?

Just thought I would give you a heads up in case you were not aware. Smooth sailing. :)

BLOG FAVES said...

I'm happy to click back in and see you two doing well and looking so good! I'm sorry for the bs from the halfwits who wish to bring you down to their sorry miserable levels.

I frankly think it's pure envy and your life reflects their fears of living truly genuinely like you to are. Namaste and God speed!

-- Letty

"Letty?" C'mon Jesse - that's TOO obvious.
Somebody's cutting and pasting from the links I post here to the 1,000 Positions web site.

Cool.

You're all fuckkin nuts.

What the F%#k I thought BoomAssHat left for good. Now he is back
Hey BoomAssHat I heard that 1000days got hacked, Hahahahahahaha,

How are you doing with that? Karma Bitch!
Don't know anything about it....

Not losing any sleep, dufus.

For a fuck, I give nada.

I'm just stirring the loon stew. The rest takes care of itself.

I've heard that special forces and counterintelligence operators in training are sometimes assigned to troll public chat threads in order to practice turning bonehead buddies against each other. kewl. That's just a rumor, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator: