Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

learningcurve

Anarchist
Their most recent picture with their post had better be an old one or else they really need to explain the lights reflecting on the water in the upper right corner.
post_19121_1194375493.jpg
That is the scow's human bong/gas chamber.

Smoke a doob with your head in there and get an AWESOME second hit!

Last edited by a moderator:

sailflat

Super Anarchist
Sorry, I'm not up on the whole Wiki thing...what does it mean?
The autobiography thing notes that the info in the article is questionable because it is based primarly on info provided by Reid himself or via "sock puppets" which is a no no.

The factual accuracy statement means that we think the article is full of shit...

And the notability thing means that someone thinks that Reid(as well as sayanara) is a looser and isn't notable enough to stay listed.

HOWEVER, the page is not in jeopardy of being deleted any longer.

edit: Together they are Wikipedia speak for...

Reid's article is a bunch of bull shit mostly written by him and he is a looser who shouldn't even be listed in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beer Can

Anarchist
Newport
She was deleted as she was found not to be "notable" or worthy of mention in wikipedia in spite of arguments to the contrary from the reid hovians. :ph34r: :lol:
Does this mean that rinsing sprouts and complaining about the effect of salt water on your hair isn't enough to make you noteworthy?

Allrighty... You guys are really slacking now... ;-)
There is a greater significance to the screws and their positioning in the photo that you have noticed. look very closely at where they are lying.

Notice the holes in the(shit what is that called)... lip of the baggywrinkle cargo hatch port
When I'm doing ANYTHING with tools on the boat - even at the dock, hell even on the hard - I NEVER EVER leave things loose on the deck. EVER. Tools stay in my hand or in a pocket, bits go in pockets. No questions - the risk of losing it overboard is far too high. It was that carelessness that I wanted to highlight.

Even if the scow may have raised edges on the deck preventing stuff from slipping into the drink, it's still sloppy.

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
The autobiography thing notes that the info in the article is questionable because it is based primarly on info provided by Reid himself or via "sock puppets" which is a no no.
The factual accuracy statement means that we think the article is full of shit...

And the notability thing means that someone thinks that Reid(as well as sayanara) is a looser and isn't notable enough to stay listed.

HOWEVER, the page is not in jeopardy of being deleted any longer.

edit: Together they are Wikipedia speak for...

Reid's article is a bunch of bull shit mostly written by him and he is a looser who shouldn't even be listed in the first place.
It would be a shame if it was deleted. Wiki is one of the main sources of people coming to the 1000Days of hell page.

(God, I can't wait to talk to my mom on Sunday and find out what she thinks of the whole thing.lol)

sailflat

Super Anarchist
How can Weed's entry state he hit a Maersk ship when there is no proof, only his own claims, that that happened?
That is a very good point. And you are correct... However... I really don't have the time or energy to waste arguing with the wiki nuts to get that deleted. That is what the disputed tag is for. With that on there people would hopefully be cautious enough about the article to question it.

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
That is a very good point. And you are correct... However... I really don't have the time or energy to waste arguing with the wiki nuts to get that deleted. That is what the disputed tag is for. With that on there people would hopefully be cautious enough about the article to question it.
How do I do it? I just registered. Do I just edit it, or do I discuss it in the talk page??

redboat

Super Anarchist
I'd like to think the Metocoean and Google tracks are valid and this is a bona fide voyage but the worm photo with shoreline background, dive photo in wetsuit and so much more continually point to the possibility of a scam. Is he creating a virtual voyage art piece?

Only way to confirm is for another vessel to sight him and report, for him to encounter difficulty and require documented assistance or for satellite photo view. Anyone have access to satellite imagery that can project from his last reported position and take a peek. Shouldn't be to far from reported position if he i roaring along at 2-3 knots.

Pretty funny that he has so many of us perplexed.

Troll

You know, if you stop bragging about posting on the Hovian site here, maybe your posts will stay and get answered. Well, probably not answered because if it questions anything Weid has done or is not grossly flattering to him, it won't make it through.

Regatta Dog

Super Anarchist
I just checked out the Wiki page on Reid and it has been heavily edited. I may have overlooked it, but I believe they took out the collision incident as well as a lot of other crap, but they left in those fantastic quotes that really get to the man's mental state. Right now I think it is pretty well balanced. I think that rather than toss in edits, we should address legitimate concerns to the blog author and make sure they are very well documented. He seems to be pretty sticky about that.

krispy kreme

Super Anarchist
When looking at the worm picture and the background in question, it struck me that they would need a very sophisticated camera and lens to mask the actual depth of field distance - a tilt down lens for instance that would allow you to select specific areas within the depth of field that you would detailed or blurred. A standard camera with standard Fstop ranges will always display the entire depth of field at varying degrees of detail/clarity as the location of the image items relative to the camera approaches practical infinity - which for most cameras is pretty much anything after 200 feet.

The hypothesis that the frayed fragments in the background of the worm picture are lines on the boat whose whipping as 'whipped off' is inplausible since if indeed they were items on the boat itself they would appear much clearer in the picture as they would have been within the depth of field boundaries of the camera to capture with detail. They obviously are not, and upon close inspection you will notice that the images behind the 'frayed rope' are even blurrier than the rope - indicating they are some distance beyond the 'rope' part of the image.

Some quick research into the Kodak DX3600 indicates that it is the 'brownie cam' of Kodak's lineup of digital cameras, with virtually no manual controls or overides. Fstops are of limited range and automatically set by the camera. The practical infinity range begins at 500 yards with field of view limited to approx. 100 feet. The only lens option is a 2:1 zoom which would not provide the capability to selectively alter the appearance of images within an elongated depth of field.

Basically, the DX3600 is a camera for morons.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DX36...A.HTM#operation

Now not to go all conspiracy theory here, there are two other significant problems with the worm photo.

1) The elevation level of the picture is far too high to have been taken off the deck of a boat that had any less than approximately 130 feet of freeboard. They are basically standing on a hill.

2) The 'worm' was photochopped into the pic - note the alterations/wrinkling of the 'shirt' background around the worm image.

Just a thought.
I am still trying to get an explanation for the "Rendezvous" pic where he is looking near Galapagos or the south pacific.

Something popped into my head. What if he set the tracker afloat and went somewhere no one would look. One way to force this is to look up the Panama Canal registry. You know for damn sure he isn't going to sail around the horn from the east. I do not have the means or time to research this.

Anyone want to help.

Still no takers? :huh: