Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Alberta
Wikipedia edits department: (is this a good idea, posting edits in this thread, or should we be more covert about it?)

I just changed some text:

(near the top of the Wiki page)

"...there is presently no formal connection between Stowe's project and the major space agencys' research on humans coping with long interplanetary voyages.[1] though Stowe maintains personal contacts with a number of present and former NASA personnel"

To:

"...there is presently no formal connection between Stowe's project and the major space agencys' research on humans coping with long interplanetary voyages.[1] though Stowe claims to maintain personal contacts with a number of present and former NASA personnel"

--

OGR

Quote from Reedy

[After getting scorched for a few days, we finally got the bright idea to put up one of our sun shades to protect us while out on deck. Working in the shade is much nicer and a cool breeze wafts back and forth as the schooner is lifted by surprisingly big swells rolling out of the southwest today. The light wind we had from the north pushed us slowly in the south-southeast direction that we want to go, but the wind stopped and then slowly picked up from the south. Wind in our face, but not enough to get us moving. You can see from the photo that we are becalmed. The water is clear and with the smooth surface we can see deep into endless shades of blue. I pause now and then to gaze at it. I've lived under awnings in the tropics and have always loved being outside in the shade with a 360 view around me. This is our world and there isn't much here but it's extremely beautiful. Our contentment to just be here pleases the sea. Usually the men and what few women who come out here are always in such a hurry. We just live here. We know the weather will change with our latitude. For now we drift in the blue as the summer months approach in the southern hemisphere.]

You can see from Reedy’s own lips (supposedly) that he is saying that they just took that photo, when in reality it has to be an archived shot. Ho’s hair is just way to long since she just cut it off much shorter than what is shown there and unless her hair grows at the rate of at least 200mm per day there are glaring mistruths being perpetrated here.

Quote from Reedy

[After getting scorched for a few days, we finally got the bright idea to put up one of our sun shades to protect us while out on deck. Working in the shade is much nicer and a cool breeze wafts back and forth as the schooner is lifted by surprisingly big swells rolling out of the southwest today. The light wind we had from the north pushed us slowly in the south-southeast direction that we want to go, but the wind stopped and then slowly picked up from the south. Wind in our face, but not enough to get us moving. You can see from the photo that we are becalmed. The water is clear and with the smooth surface we can see deep into endless shades of blue. I pause now and then to gaze at it. I've lived under awnings in the tropics and have always loved being outside in the shade with a 360 view around me. This is our world and there isn't much here but it's extremely beautiful. Our contentment to just be here pleases the sea. Usually the men and what few women who come out here are always in such a hurry. We just live here. We know the weather will change with our latitude. For now we drift in the blue as the summer months approach in the southern hemisphere.]

You can see from Reedy’s own lips (supposedly) that he is saying that they just took that photo, when in reality it has to be an archived shot. Ho’s hair is just way to long since she just cut it off much shorter than what is shown there and unless her hair grows at the rate of at least 200mm per day there are glaring mistruths being perpetrated here.

And who was the potographer who took the shot? Seems a long way to set the camera on delay and get into such a cosy position.

Last four or so days have two (painfully idiotic) posts. No more coded messages unless you get really clever.
Ahh they may be painfully idiotic posts BUT that seems to be the only way to get a post printed there now.

At least one of those “painful” posts is by one of “us” and it seemed to have prompted the “sunshade” article which appears to be trying in an obtuse sort of way of explaining why Reedy and Ho aren’t getting any suntan, and it has prompted them to post their “current” photo that is obviously from their photo archives to, somehow show that unlike “mad dogs and Englishmen”, they “don’t go out in the mid day sun”. If the posts are “idiotic enough to get posted on their site, and they also carry subtle hidden “traps” that Reedy, Soanya, or their Blog “Gestapo” respond to, then the more ammunition they are supplying to us to be able to “shoot this con down in flames” The more rope that we can give them, the more likely they are to hang themselves.

This should be self-explanatory and by writing it here we suffer the risk of having another “insider” with access to their “comments” banned from their site.

While on the subject of that last photo, from the attitude of the boat and the angle of the shadows cast by the sun I would have to say that they are “sailing” (I use the term loosely) due West when that shot was taken?

Last edited by a moderator:

oldgoatroper

Alberta
Last four or so days have two (painfully idiotic) posts. No more coded messages unless you get really clever.
Yeah... the happy-happy, gushing comments from the liberal, left-wing, bleeding-heart, touchy-feely, NewAge treehugger bunch seem to have dried right up.

Disclaimer to all guests reading this thread: The aforementioned description really only characterizes the tone of the comments made, not (obviously) the personalities of the commentors.

It seems odd that the editor banishes posters with SA handles despite innocent and benign comments and questions, but leaves the obvious coded messages. My theory is that the blog editor feels these coded messages really only mean anything to us here at SA and that he allows them to remain only because the otherwise positive (if somewhat awkward) thoughts they convey look fine to any casual reader not familiar with SA and especially since, as of late, there is a dearth of other more "genuine" positive-sounding comments.

--

OGR

Last edited by a moderator:

Go Left

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Yeah... the happy-happy, gushing comments from the liberal, left-wing, bleeding-heart, touchy-feely, NewAge treehugger bunch seem to have dried right up.
Disclaimer to all guests reading this thread: The aforementioned description really only characterizes the tone of the comments made, not (obviously) the personalities of the commentors.

It seems odd that the editor banishes posters with SA handles despite innocent and benign comments and questions, but leaves the obvious coded messages. My theory is that the blog editor feels these coded messages really only mean anything to us here at SA and that he allows them to remain only because the otherwise positive (if somewhat awkward) thoughts they convey look fine to any casual reader not familiar with SA and especially since, as of late, there is a dearth of other more "genuine" positive-sounding comments.

--

OGR
Sorry, as a liberal, left-wing, bleeding heart, tree hugger who thinks Weed is a total scam artist I object to your characterization. Now calling out the new-age, touchy-feely types.....feel free. Can we all just stop with the group hugs and "team-building".

Frankly, if you look at Weed all dressed up in his double breasted blazer scamming away, he looks and acts more like the chimp-in-chief than anybody else I can think of. So STFU and go back to work calling bullshit on a nautical scam and leave it at that. OK? Can we all get along here?

oldgoatroper

Alberta
Sorry, as a liberal, left-wing, bleeding heart, tree hugger who thinks Weed is a total scam artist I object to your characterization. Now calling out the new-age, touchy-feely types.....feel free. Can we all just stop with the group hugs and "team-building".
Frankly, if you look at Weed all dressed up in his double breasted blazer scamming away, he looks and acts more like the chimp-in-chief than anybody else I can think of. So STFU and go back to work calling bullshit on a nautical scam and leave it at that. OK? Can we all get along here?
Sorry, Asymptote... I didn't mean to get your goat -- perhaps I, as a redneck, was being a little too "liberal" in my "descriptiveness." :p

On the chimp-in-chief thing -- you nailed that. For some time I've looked at that pic and couldn't quite put my finger on what felt familiar about it. Thanks. :lol:

--

OGR

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Super Anarchist
OMG LMFAO :lol:
where do you get 33 identical gas bottles from, at a reasonable price other than a gas bottle refiller because the bottles are out of date.

The righting moment of Annie Horibilis must be horribly compromised by the 1300 lbs of propane gas on the deck, and two fricken trees they are using as masts.

Come on southern ocean. Its good to see that Sayonara is getting in some practice with her dishwashing gloves. Cant wait to hear her story of cleaning the bilgepump filter, head down in the bilge. With all that diesel swilling about, its a miracle she is keeping her lunch down.

Weid, like both Shrub the US chimp-in-chief and Blowhard the Aussie chump-in-chief, can be easily identified when talking bullshit ....... his lips are moving.

A haircut and a blazer does not make one authoritative on all things maritime - or art. I mean WTF has wearing a blazer to do with, other then impressing to la-dee-da, art?

Had a bloody nice twilight tonight with a few salts who have done - and are doing again - the global thing. In a manner and on vessels that wouldn't initiate a thread such as this.

Regatta Dog

Super Anarchist
1918655642_cd9b279585_o.jpg

A guy in the Chesapeake

Super Anarchist
Virginia
Circled the holes.... And I agree about the propane folly... Almost forgot about the "trap door" With the lid screwed down there is no way he is going to open and close that hatch very often.
Is it plausible that he has an external storage locker for the majority of his bottles, and a separate one for the bottle that's "on-line"?

Unsubstantiated claims reduce the claimant's credibility even when they're right.

No shots taken w/the above comment - I just think that Reid's got enough rope to hang himself, w/out anyone having to round up a lynch mob to hurry along the inevitable.

Regatta Dog

Super Anarchist
200 Days Done!

From 1000 days site:

On this especially significant day in the 1000 Days At Sea Odyssey, we are marking the 200th day at sea milestone, 1/5 of the 1000 Days Journey is now successfully and safely completed! We wish to congratulate Reid & Soanya for a job well done! Hip Hip Hurrah!........
We thank you for your good wishes, your unflagging and overwhelming support from around the world, and apologize for the few obsessed & hateful lunatics who have forced the comments section of the blog to become a less open venue for all who have written.

Applause.gif

Boatgoat

OK? Can we all get along here?
Not going to happen if you are going to be offended by the calling out of new age, left wing tree huggers.

Not everyone likes liberals. Some folks will be offended by your calling the President a chimp.

I think the best bet would be to keep aiming our "guns" at the Ann.

On my part I will try to keep my "obnoxious" political views to myself!

I will admit that I would describe Reid as a Delusional, New age, Left wing Tree hugger! And his followers more of the same!

ick :)

luna

Woo Hoo! 200 days! Soanya if you've been a good girl, maybe Raggedy Reid will give you an extra helping of dried fish! Since Reid was out with his wife on the great turtle voyage for half a year, 200 days isn't such a biggie is it? I'll get excited if you make it around the Capes once.

awolf209

Super Anarchist
200 Days Done!
From 1000 days site:

Applause.gif
Here's the gist (sp) of blogmeister's post today...blah, blah, blah, wah, wah, wah, blah, blah, blah.

So, since he won't post anything from SAers, he's got nothing to post! Four days, six posts...guess we're the only ones who are following this debacle! Can't wait for Weid's and Sayonara's post and pic. I know it'll give us great fodder!