Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
Doesn't he look evil? I can just see his mother telling him "no" to something when he was little and him losing it! :blink:
Great pick, NickDG

Dayum. Weed Stowehurst should have seen a dentist before he left. I'd hate to be the hygienist who's have to scale those choppers when he returns from The Cheese Drifting Fantasy.

redboat

Super Anarchist
All this talk about how wonderful the 200 days have been and how they are looking forward to the next 800.

What is the biggest sustained breeze they've seen so far? 25 kts briefly? Warm or temperate sunny climates or warm rainy bits. I'm amazed how they have avoided storms/gales for so long. IF they do go far enough south that will change. If they only go far enough to squeeze around the Cape of Good Hope they will have the westward flowing Agulhas current to contend with and it could become awfully bouncy there. Might not be seeing much of S on deck.

Tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode.

JPlanet

Super Anarchist
1918069150_af288b328c_o.jpg
THE GREATEST (PHOTO)STORY EVER TOLD !!!!

We saw Weid's miraculous powers beginning back on Day 6: "... Soanya popped her smiling face up out of the hatch and I said, 'Look at this.' I waved my hand across the open sea and the fog lifted letting the sun shine through. We're on our way! Nothing stopping us now."

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
Hahahaha!!!

They let a comment through from a guy named pitpawten. As usual, I always check out the profiles of the lunatics that post there, and it turns out he has a blog called 1000 (drunken) Nights @ Sea. I don't think he's an SAer (I could be wrong, but if he is, why not just contribute to 1000Daysof Hell).

Here's the description:

1000 (drunken) Nights At Sea Stories of a man and his sailing mate, the ship they live within, and the Quest to make it back together and in one piece after 1,000 Days @ Sea w/o stopping or resupply. - AKA - "Why Ried cant keep his big mouth shut!" - AKA - "Why Soanya is a fat-head sprout lover"

Last edited by a moderator:

EVK4

Anarchist
Berkeley, CA
This is fantastic! This guy needs to be recruited for 1000daysofhell.

Day 100 - Frostbitten at Sea

Soanya and I are still fighting, haven't spoken in weeks. She remains on her half of the boat almost all the time. I swear shes colder than the wind-driven nighttime spray coming over the railing; How I hate sleeping on the deck.

I'm beginning to worry about what to do as the controls are on Soanyas half of the boat and weve been sailing south for several weeks now. Theres no way I'm venturing onto the dirty side to steer us northerly though. Its getting colder day by day, and we've had frost twice now... the sprouts are beginning to look beleaguered.

Hahahaha!!!
They let a comment through from a guy named pitpawten. As usual, I always check out the profiles of the lunatics that post there, and it turns out he has a blog called 1000 (drunken) Nights @ Sea. I don't think he's an SAer (I could be wrong, but if he is, why not just contribute to 1000Daysof Hell).

Here's the description:

MaxHeadroom

Super Anarchist
This is fantastic! This guy needs to be recruited for 1000daysofhell.
Day 100 - Frostbitten at Sea

Soanya and I are still fighting, haven't spoken in weeks. She remains on her half of the boat almost all the time. I swear shes colder than the wind-driven nighttime spray coming over the railing; How I hate sleeping on the deck.

I'm beginning to worry about what to do as the controls are on Soanyas half of the boat and weve been sailing south for several weeks now. Theres no way I'm venturing onto the dirty side to steer us northerly though. Its getting colder day by day, and we've had frost twice now... the sprouts are beginning to look beleaguered.
DONE!

Just posted to his blog and linked him to SA and 1000daysofhell

awolf209

Super Anarchist
Dayum. Weed Stowehurst should have seen a dentist before he left. I'd hate to be the hygienist who's have to scale those choppers when he returns from The Cheese Drifting Fantasy.
He Did!!!!! That's one of the things Sayonara said they did before they took off...spent some of their panhandled cash on dentist and doctors. Learned how to set a broken bone, stitch up each other...right!

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
Doesn't he look evil? I can just see his mother telling him "no" to something when he was little and him losing it! :blink:
Great pick, NickDG
That picture looks photochopped too. Again, her head looks to be about 1/3 the size of his (she doesn't look like that in all the pictures of them together though, which is why it catches my attention), and the lighting on her seems a lot different to my untrained eye than the lighting on him.

I could be wrong, but there's something about that picture that doesn't look right. Can anyone get the info from it to verify it?

(Perhaps if the author of the 1000 Days at Sea wants to attempt to prove authenticity, he'll stop scrubbing the tags from the pictures he posts)

God, it so much nicer around her without Captain I-need-more-Lithium.

gina

Super Anarchist
Hahahaha!!!

Here's the description:

Looks like an SAer tried to recruit him back in October; if I knew how I would put a link up but anyway its on his blog titled "Not enough hours in the day"

There's a comment under his post about R&S.

sailflat

Super Anarchist
That picture looks photochopped too. Again, her head looks to be about 1/3 the size of his (she doesn't look like that in all the pictures of them together though, which is why it catches my attention), and the lighting on her seems a lot different to my untrained eye than the lighting on him.
I could be wrong, but there's something about that picture that doesn't look right. Can anyone get the info from it to verify it?

(Perhaps if the author of the 1000 Days at Sea wants to attempt to prove authenticity, he'll stop scrubbing the tags from the pictures he posts)

God, it so much nicer around her without Captain I-need-more-Lithium.
I was thinking the same thing... think lighting... Reid is casting a shadow on sayanara... but yet he isn't particularly lit up himself....

And as well.... At the 1000days.net they again say that the photo was not transfered... BUT... there is one at 1000days blog..... I am all but certain that the roid hovans are spinning what is coming down stream.

EDIT: apparently the picture from today on the blog is also the picture for day 194

NautiGirl

Super Anarchist
New Scotland
I was thinking the same thing... think lighting... Reid is casting a shadow on sayanara... but yet he isn't particularly lit up himself....
And as well.... At the 1000days.net they again say that the photo was not transfered... BUT... there is one at 1000days blog..... I am all but certain that the roid hovans are spinning what is coming down stream.

EDIT: apparently the picture from today on the blog is also the picture for day 194
Good catch.

SeaMadness

Anarchist
Here are their records to date!I'm somewhat of a history buff, and I haven't researched this, but I would certainly bet that none of those "records" have been broken by R&S. The first three would probably have been established by couples on 19th century US whaling ships, very many of whom brought along the wife of the captain. These two have been out less than 7 months and those whaling trips took years. Sure, whalers would stop for provisioning, but not very often. All it would take is a trip to the arctic, one winter trapped in the ice and a trip back and you'd beat that record.

Also, there were countless women on Royal Navy warships blockading France during the Napoleonic wars and they were out there for years at a time.

Main point here is that women have been at sea for centuries working, fighting and struggling to survive and I have no doubt that there are many who've been there beyond 300 days.

"Longest space analogous expedition on earth?" Tell me what the fuck that is and I'll give you an opinion.
No need to research it until tomorrow. Up until now, every record Reid has given credit to Sonya, his ex-wife had already broken! Remember Sonya is the second woman to spend 200 days at sea with Reid. Poor Sonya. Tomorrow, she can say she gave more consecutive head on the open ocean than any other woman! Until then, she shares the record with the ex. Reid however might just have a record for the most women conned into 200 days of sex on the boat he named after his mommy!

Reid cons -

Come on honey, this mattress is clean - I cut up the mattresses I did it on with my ex.

It's only named after my mother. I don't picture her when you're grinding on me...usually.

You wanna wear the void ho costumes again!

You know how good a clean bottom feels?

I'll cover you in sprouts and eat them off of you!

Don't worry, the water was cold. Normally it's as big as a container ship.

You wanna bump bowsprits?

awolf209

Super Anarchist

Was that pictures there on day 194 or did it get posted later? I don't remember seeing that. Something is definitely fishy about this picture. First of all, if you look at the "original," it looks like there's land far off in the distance. Also, notice the turquoise color on one of the lines to the right of Sayonara...what's that about? This looks like it has been doctored. Like R&S were "put into" the boat. But I think R&S were taken together in the shot. I believe she's very petite (not sure but maybe only about 100 lbs and small) and he's suffering from 'lollipop head' because he's too skinny, so his head looks disproportionate to her. Look at the 'rope' in his neck in the last couple pics. And in the picture of them under the awning, he's so emaciated you can see his bones in his upper chest. Ge-ross. His schweeny might be skinnier than that worm he's sporting! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the blogmaster has a huge backdrop of the Anne hanging on a wall and Weid and Sayonara have a white backdrop somewhere in the boat, so while they sit on a beach in Guyana with grandma and grandpa Ahmad sipping Sir Francis' shaken not stirred, Jesse/?? makes pictures.

There is something about that photo when you run it through Photoshop and enlarge it that does look as if there has been a bit of "cut and paste" between Reedy's head and the background, not definite but a little suspect

JPlanet

Super Anarchist
The new "Reid & Soanya 200/1000" shirts are in at the 1000days store!! Just in time for the holidays!! Don't miss your chance to own this special limited edition collector's item before it is gone! :rolleyes:

185284180v7_240x240_Front_Color_Black.jpg