COVineyard2020

bigorangething

No smack?

who will run out of food, water or diesel before the finish?

Does Aldo’s have a plan to restock needy boats with masks on?

will anyone stop for mudslides at the Oar?

what fantom boat will play chicken with a tug boat?  I can’t wait to monitor 16 around midnight Friday or late Saturday afternoon 

lets gooo!

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Will Argo beat their own record ? 
Will WW the Pac  52  Beat the monohull record ? 
who’s going to fly an illegal FFH ?

PaulK

Super Anarchist
Went out and saw the fleet headed outbound this afternoon w/chutes up in a nice westerly, going with the tide off MiddleGround.   Wind shifted to NW later.  Coming back may be slower. 

Last edited by a moderator:

woodpecker

Why do they call it the Vineyard Race? It does not go to the Vineyard nor Vineyard Sound. Are they growing grapes on the Buzzard Bay Tower now?

BTW the in the real Vineyard race they let you use your engine. Maybe they should start letting you guys do that also. You can motor into BI for the Aldo's pickup and motor back out. Only a 15 min penalty.

woodpecker

I think the lightship that preceded the Tower was Hen and Chickens. Great name for a race, don't you think?

085 Hens & Chickens LS.jpg

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Cristoforo said:
Ripple scored RET!  Anyone heard from  them? All ok?  :eek:  
Crew and I are all safe. Boat not so much. Long story that involves Big Tom B) ( no I was not at the helm.  ) Insurance claim is in I’m just taking it day by day now

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Cristoforo said:
Holy shit!  Ed move this to the front page!

So you never started? Because they scored you RET rather than DNS  or DNC  

If you started and then hit Big Tom there is a bigger story here! 
We tapped it on the way out to the start. We started with our fleet. It was apparent after about an hour and a half that we were taking more and more water on in the bilge. And that the safety of the crew was more important, so we retired somewhere around Norwalk Turned around and did a 23 hour delivery back up to Hudson to haul out 

jackolantern

Super Anarchist
A rock so infamous that it has a name that indicates its danger to sailors with keels.

New rule: Only helmsmen that know the name of big tom are allowed to drive near it

jesposito

Super Anarchist
Crew and I are all safe. Boat not so much. Long story that involves Big Tom B) ( no I was not at the helm.  ) Insurance claim is in I’m just taking it day by day now
I told you in the thread about the boat delivery, you were wasting your time getting your boat ready for the Vineyard.

You should have taken the paid delivery gig.

jackolantern

Super Anarchist
 Only wing nuts hit it
I recall standing next to you watching a Big Tom victim get hauled out at consolidated. That owner then became a J/111 Wingnut

Do you think the Consolidated yard guys move it around to keep the victim count high in the same way Howie McMichael used to move Ship Rock around Mamaroneck Harbor?