Craigslist Finds

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
Vanguard 15 in the north of Utah. Facebook marketplace. Pretty crazy, this boat looks like it's barely been used which is what the ad states too.
Field find Vanguard 15 If you want it, I may be able to host it for you until you can pick it up.

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 1.43.05 PM.png

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
How does that happen?
A guy worked for Vanguard when they made a new mold and popped the first hull out of it. He bought it after it measured in and bought a deck with it. He planned to finish it one day, then as a retirement project, but he got sick and knew he had to sell it. I bought it last Winter, he passed away 2-3 months ago, before I could show him any meaningful progress unfortunately. Recently I started getting to work on it. As a matter of fact I just about finished converting the rudder from a lifting head style to a fixed tiller style. Uni carbon yesterday, cosmetic carbon tomorrow.

V2.jpg

D

Deleted member 149385

A guy worked for Vanguard when they made a new mold and popped the first hull out of it. He bought it after it measured in and bought a deck with it. He planned to finish it one day, then as a retirement project, but he got sick and knew he had to sell it. I bought it last Winter, he passed away 2-3 months ago, before I could show him any meaningful progress unfortunately. Recently I started getting to work on it. As a matter of fact I just about finished converting the rudder from a lifting head style to a fixed tiller style. Uni carbon yesterday, cosmetic carbon tomorrow.

View attachment 542689
Hey that looks great, does it still measure?

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
Hey that looks great, does it still measure?
I'm sure it does...or will. It was measured before and measured in. It has aluminum tubes glassed in the hull to keep it in shape and I'll have the deck bonded on within about two weeks. I'm building watertight bulkheads now. I powerwashed the hull and deck instead and out to get rid of the legacy dirt from sitting around for forty years.

D

Deleted member 149385

I'm sure it does...or will. It was measured before and measured in. It has aluminum tubes glassed in the hull to keep it in shape and I'll have the deck bonded on within about two weeks. I'm building watertight bulkheads now. I powerwashed the hull and deck instead and out to get rid of the legacy dirt from sitting around for forty years.
Awesome keep us apprised.