Craigslist - Not mocking

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
My max would have been $6,300 to snipe all the other bids with 10 seconds to go. That would be 10% of the average 24 of that time period.

43D57889-52BE-4D6F-8576-6F3A7BB38468.jpeg

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
Not sure if this goes here, or in the “Mocking” thread. Must be a story behind this one.

View attachment 538246

Wow. That is.... ummm.... something. Its like like a wide open canoe inside with sette's stretching for 80 feet. It is beautiful and yet, odd.

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Pretty certain that boat was built in Long Beach (or somewhere around there). Many design/build problems to achieve that double row of windows & still have adequate rigidity to the cabinhouse.

If one were of the sort to be after a Wylo, and after a cambered Junk Rig, this well equipped beauty has popped up in the UK for an eye-poppingly reasonable price.

Serendipity figures: after spending eight months relentlessly dredging the market bottom for absolute shit at outrageous prices, and going so far as to price out fabricating a Wylo hull locally (after seeing none for sale since Iron Bark, in 2019) - this appears right before I return to work until spring on a strict contract, and while my passport is stuck in processing limbo. :rolleyes:

wylo branwen.PNG

Cruisin Loser

Super Anarchist
Tempting, relatively close also.

I had one out here in Midland for some years. We had to trailer it 90 miles to the nearest sailable lake. It was easier to fly east and sail the Hinckley. I gave it away to a nice young guy from the DFW area who wanted to teach his beautiful wife and their kids how to sail.

steele

Super Anarchist
Land of the locks
I am contributing this mostly because I did not know there was a pilot house version of a V40. Overall it looks to be a reasonably well sorted old boat and a good PNW cruiser. The exterior wood looks to be in bad shape, but the price seems OK. I especially like the full size binnacle compass in the v berth.
1665767166926.png

dfw_sailor

Super Anarchist
DFW
I am contributing this mostly because I did not know there was a pilot house version of a V40. Overall it looks to be a reasonably well sorted old boat and a good PNW cruiser. The exterior wood looks to be in bad shape, but the price seems OK. I especially like the full size binnacle compass in the v berth.
View attachment 546351
yup, if the time was right, I would buy that. Add about 10k of electronics, get rid of as much deck teak as possible (go stainless where possible). Relatively easy to freshen.

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
Not craiglist but for someone looking for a small boat that will sail well, this appears to be a bargain

For Sale 1986 Santana 20 Hull #718 wing keel​

Contact: lee 940.704.1474 leehav(at)reagan(dot)com - or Steve 940.781.7016

Change (at) to @ and (dot) to .

For years, this 1986 Santana 20 was day sailed by a physician/member at our North Texas yacht club. Upon his recent death, we are offering the boat on behalf of his family. The boat is a wing keel model in very good condition with original gelcoat throughout. It has been dry sailed in fresh water and has always been stored on its custom trailer. It was never raced and has no spinnaker, pole or spinnaker rigging. Included are three good sails: a main, a hank-on jib and a hank-on genoa.

The boat is located at our yacht club near Wichita Falls, Texas

It is for sale for $1400

BAFDE9A8-5B21-4295-9251-856FD0C1E7D4.jpeg

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
This looks too well done to put in the Mocking thread but it was a close call - had a newspaper article about how old & unfinished it was - 20 years ago - and here it is still unfinished.

But it is 92% complete.

1667925410624.png

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
Sort of sad. Most of the work looks decent. Shame about the galvanized fastening, but that was probably the spec for the boat.

Another dream down the drain...
Maybe not, building it might have been a big part of the dream.

I think I've got one more boat build left in me and if it never got finished - shrug. Problem for my executors. Meanwhile we sail the current one which, after the last lot of upgrades, is pretty well sorted. Hence my starting to think about building another one... I get bored without long-running projects to occupy me.

FKT