Crossing Atlantic in 3' boat?

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
A bottle cork thrown into the sea will always come out of the worst storm. Boats designed as a scaled up version of a bottle cork can work as long as you aren't into a hurry!

I am just worried for his back and his neck, being unable to stretch out for such a long time can't be good for you!

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Saw article on guy in Canada looks just a wee bit nuts. Can't find article again. Max speed 2.5kts. Protein goo food molded into interior. Definitely odd. A scaled down boat from previous build that crossed.
Interesting bio - he’s done some challenging sailing (taking a MiniTransat boat up into the N. Atlantic, I think, maybe winter?). Can’t recall - but it’s not his “first time”. But probably first time in a 3’ boat :)

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
Why does anyone give oxygen to this sort of stupid stunt?
Why is it so stupid ? The man wants to do something different, respect to him for having the courage to implement his ideas. I didn't look in detail but his boat looks reasonably well built. Small boats can work, lot of people have shown it on slightly bigger boats. It's just slow...

Panoramix

Super Anarchist
What possible reason is there for it other than to get some ink about it?

It's just a meaningless stunt.
Unless you are doing something "useful" such as transporting stuff or people or parade big stickers with a company name on it, most sailing is meaningless anyway! His meaningless is just different than our meaningless.

Latest posts