Customs broker, shipyard and boat trucking company in Texas

dreamingwet

I am looking into buying a boat in Antigua, sailing her to somewhere in Texas and get it shipped to Seattle.
Do you have any recommendations for a broker, a yard that could get the boat on a truck?
the boat is J122
Thank you

Last edited:

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
Buy it in Antigua and ship it to the rainsoaked PNW........ are you friggin mad?
I'd spend a season down there on you own boat Nov-April.
Antigua Sailing Week is the last week in April and the sailing down there is much more civilized just sayin.

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
You'll need someone on site to break the boat down to trucking height. Contact a J dealer who has sold some & find out what has to be removed to make height restrictions. Spar out, dissassembled, wrapped & packed. ID tag everything. Don't scrimp here. Have someone good do the job, or damage WILL occur. Strip mast down to bare tube. Coil up rigging, wrap/pad turnbuckles, lash to pallet. And it the perfect time to do any mods/repairs needed/wanted. Wheel wrapped/padded on top of this. Trailering is 6 days of constant vibration, anything that can move will abrade.

Parma

Super Anarchist
here
I am looking into buying a boat in Antigua, sailing her to somewhere in Texas and get it shipped to Seattle.
Do you have any recommendations for a broker, a yard that could get the boat on a truck?
the boat is J122
Thank you
No, thank you for not saying you're going to take her on her own bottom through the canal & up the coast.

Stiffler's Mom

Anarchist
Seattle, WA
Seabrook Shipyards in Houston. They pack up all the race boats in Texas. Kevin Hayes at Hayes rigging down there can do the whole thing for you. he runs a J/121 and J/122 there.

dreamingwet

No, thank you for not saying you're going to take her on her own bottom through the canal & up the coast.
Why not? I have done it and it was a great sail, just the last part of the Oregon coast was not very pleasant.