D-town Noods... DTS

mrzanella

Now if the RC would roll the starts, cut out all the waiting for the perfect wind/race. Let Jerome pour cheap drinks, sell the damn burgers and skip the wristbands. Loud music at the club try a DJ. But WTF do I know?
There's rolling starts on C course.... and no waiting around... what course are you on??

What's it A,B? off GPYC J35 Ben 36.7 NA40 etc allways spend more time waiting than racing.
That's A.. if I remember correctly, the wind has been pretty different from C course day by day the past 3 years.

How can they fix that? better RC work?

You can't fix the weather, and the RC is quite possibly one of the best. That said the RC needs to embrace the fact that we came to race not to float around waiting for the last poorly sailed boat to finish before the next race to start. Last boat in class to finish sequience starts in 5 minutes, starts on one side of RC finishes on the other. It's not rocket science.

When the NOOD pulled the plug on Houston in 2010, Smog-town racers, in true Texan-fashion, turned it around the next year and offered the "HOOD". The Houston Offshore One Design has been a great success and costs a whole helluva lot less than sponsoring some Yanqui-assed Blue Blood to come down like a Carpetbagger, eating and drinking on the local-yocal's nickel. Were we once sailed in the Nude, we now sail in Da HOOD.

TACNI

Detroit
Why don't the handicap racers get three days of racing as they had in the NOOD regatta? In the past, there have been days where there was no racing due to no wind, There is a good chance that the handicap racers will get only one day of racing.

ropetrick

Super Anarchist
It is hard to get enough crew to take Friday off of work.

Two days of racing will satisfy the PHRF whiners.

I'll bet it increases participation.

Polaris

Super Anarchist
It is hard to get enough crew to take Friday off of work.

Two days of racing will satisfy the PHRF whiners.

I'll bet it increases participation.
Was that comment necessary? Considering the boat that you race on is in a PHRF class.

Having two full days will help participation, taking the Friday off in this economy was probably one of the reasons for the change.

RATM

Anarchist
Now if the RC would roll the starts, cut out all the waiting for the perfect wind/race. Let Jerome pour cheap drinks, sell the damn burgers and skip the wristbands. Loud music at the club try a DJ. But WTF do I know?
There's rolling starts on C course.... and no waiting around... what course are you on??

What's it A,B? off GPYC J35 Ben 36.7 NA40 etc allways spend more time waiting than racing.
That's A.. if I remember correctly, the wind has been pretty different from C course day by day the past 3 years.

How can they fix that? better RC work?

You can't fix the weather, and the RC is quite possibly one of the best. That said the RC needs to embrace the fact that we came to race not to float around waiting for the last poorly sailed boat to finish before the next race to start. Last boat in class to finish sequience starts in 5 minutes, starts on one side of RC finishes on the other. It's not rocket science.
+1

sailski

Detroit
BYC IS running a regatta the traditional NOOD weekend. BOD = Bayview One Design.

I think (this is not confimed) there will be OD racing FRI-SUN, and Handicap racing Sat and Sun.

This is going to be a big step up from past NOODS, and I expect the racing and the parties to be off the hook.
Congratulations to new BYC Commodore Tim Prophit You are a good man.

We are planning on racing the Sat/Sun series for the regatta on Power Trip.
I don't see Power Trip signed up yet???

BYC IS running a regatta the traditional NOOD weekend. BOD = Bayview One Design.

I think (this is not confimed) there will be OD racing FRI-SUN, and Handicap racing Sat and Sun.

This is going to be a big step up from past NOODS, and I expect the racing and the parties to be off the hook.

Good chance it will be. Don't you worry!

sailski

Detroit

Good chance it will be. Don't you worry!
Thanks for signing up guys!!!