Day 1

Well before dawn on the first day and it looks like it should be a scream! Current forecast is for NE 15-20 inshore with higher gusts, and a healthy 20-25 with 4-6 foot seas for the offshore boats. Small craft warning, right! Breeze will start out of the Northeast and shift slowly right all day as the bigger puffs die off in the afternoon.

The Charleston debut for the M20 class should be a lot of fun to watch, as well as a huge group of Vipers joining the steady M24 and J24 divisions inshore with some smaller PHRF boats. How do you spell carnage?

I'll ne out there with Clean and the crew moving the local TV crews about for some footage, hope they brought some waterproof eqpt if they intend to have me stick thier noses offshore!

The forecast is still bleak for the beginning of saturday, but a sea breeze should win out early afternoon and provide some more racing. Sunday still looks good- thermal conditions all they way!

More later,

Hman

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Videos loading now from last night, including an interview with JItillIdie, who I've picked to take sixth here in Charleston.

Just so you know, this will all be crashing together at 10 or so, after I've gone and done about a thousand errands. Don't forget to keep this window open as well as the OTW Anarchy Viewer at http://www.sailinganarchy.com/tv/sa_tv.php

MER

Reporters
a few pics from the parties and practice yesterday...

Last_Import_0.jpg

Last_Import_1.jpg

Last_Import_2.jpg

Last_Import_3.jpg

Last_Import_4.jpg

Last_Import_5.jpg

Last_Import_6.jpg

Last_Import_7.jpg

Last_Import_8.jpg

Last_Import_9.jpg

... one thing I'm liking about Charleston Race Week in comparison to some "other" international regattas is that profits from the event support educational programs aboard the Spirit of South Carolina all while profits from the "other" regattas support event organizers.

Good job Charleston Race Week...

MR.CLEAN

Not here
We are just running down to the boat, folks. Thanks for watching, clear your browser's cache and then make sure to open http://www.sailinganarchy.com/tv/sa_tv.php for the meat of the report. Since we are able to do so much more with the video this time, the thread will be a little less busy, but I'll still be working both things from the water. Stay tuned, and thanks again.

cbcurrier

napptown
Clean!

Where are you guys? Wasting all of you energy on the TV stuff? 1st Races have got to have started by now ... what's going on ?

Figure 1/2 of the SA worl is there but some of us couldn't make so don't leave us hanging ...

MR.CLEAN

Not here
We are ON STATION just in time to watch a general recall, which is transferring to the server right now. As probably expected, we are having some tech issues at the moment which make our delay to webcast a bit longer, and make our image quality a bit lower. We apologize - as we learn!

They are resetting as the current is really ripping and the boat end is hugely favored. It is the kind of day we all dream of. Sparkling sunshine, 8 knots of breeze with a forecast to build quickly, and barely a cloud in the 70 degree air. Good day for boat racing.

Is anyone having trouble watching the existing videos on the SA-TV player?