Day 3, With Three Races On Call

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Just a few pics for you from the other course, we're back on course Alpha now for the top mark, then we'll go to Bravo for their finish.

_MG_6854.jpg

_MG_6867.jpg

_MG_6874.jpg

_MG_6878.jpg

DaveK

Super Anarchist
great job clean! can't load the vids at work but will tonight when I get home. It must suck to be u!
I've discovered that the vids will not play here using Firefox. I get maybe 2 seconds of play time and then they stop although, they will play at youtube. I dunno....

I just switched to explorer and they work fine. I uderstand some places have work controls but maybe this might help someone.

Good job Clean!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Wind has dropped a touch, but still blowing pretty hard.

Roundings coming up on Course Alpha.

Blu Moon, double tacking the mark in the last 40 meters, but still in first.

Uka Uka in second,

Alina Helly Hanson in third

Altea

Gulisarra (corinthian italian champion)

Brantolo

Pilot Italia (ducking two)

Eurovoiles

Fonderia (730)

Barbarians (had to two tack as well - with no competition near them)

MR.CLEAN

Not here
DaveK - I'm using firefox with an Italian Voda phone card, and they're working fine.

Ukraine just caught something - not sure what happened there but we heard some yelling...

AECMX

Rough day at the office...
This is my morning routine: Dive boat, come back to apartment and have coffee, start OTW report, go on boat. Sometime in there I change out of my wetsuit and clean the funky death from my ears. In fact, if I don't go home with an ear infection I'll be shocked.
Looks like the veranda in the "Bougainvillea". How's the Clipper Bar? Not much reporting on the evening's festivities.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
WOW - incredibly exciting on the other course - Joe Fly rounded just behind SEvenstar SLAM, and they are neck and neck at 18 knots of boatspeed. JF looks like they may be pulling ahead!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Finish for Course Bravo:

Joe Fly

sevenstar SLAM

Marchingenio

Barbarians

Poizon Rouge

Alpha Spider

Cotes D'Armour

Full Throttle

Perros-Guirec

Mallnose

Bourgyes Telecoms

Lenny

Blow

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Looks like the veranda in the "Bougainvillea". How's the Clipper Bar? Not much reporting on the evening's festivities.
Frankly, the festivities blow. This is a great venue for racing, but the partying is weak. We're working on rectifying that situation.

Windward Mark:

mezaire

Super Anarchist
Tasmania
Great updates Clean, enjoying them heaps even though it's way past my bedtime!!

Are any of the boats doing outside gybes in the heavy air?

ez

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Great updates Clean, enjoying them heaps even though it's way past my bedtime!!
Are any of the boats doing outside gybes in the heavy air?

ez
Nope. Haven't seen an outside jibe ever in a Melges. Certainly not here. Kite's small enough that it should never be an issue I suppose.

mezaire

Super Anarchist
Tasmania
Nope. Haven't seen an outside jibe ever in a Melges. Certainly not here. Kite's small enough that it should never be an issue I suppose.
That's what I thought. Have done a fair bit of SB racing and have never done one either!!

I just read on The Ullman website that they recommend it in less than 5 knots and more than 20!!!

Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

Mez

MR.CLEAN

Not here
We're back at the dock, just downloading the last videos. Need a drink or six.

FYI: If a video says "no longer available," just give it a few minutes, it's just processing...

Hey Clean....if you are trying to get some interviews, see iff you can get Mickey "the mouse" Schwartz........he'll be good for a laugh.....but you'll need to nail him before he hits the rum too hard.......tell him Andrew from Tortola, BVI is ready for a session with him!

Latest posts