Day 6 - It's All Down To This

MR.CLEAN

Not here
A few more pics from the end of race 11.

RACE_11_DONE_0.jpg

RACE_11_DONE_1.jpg

RACE_11_DONE_2.jpg

RACE_11_DONE_3.jpg

RACE_11_DONE_4.jpg

RACE_11_DONE_5.jpg

RACE_11_DONE_6.jpg

RACE_11_DONE_7.jpg

RACE_11_DONE_8.jpg

MR.CLEAN

Not here
I actually had a spirited discussion with Rachele about the party situation. Her boyfriend is the bowman on Mutua Madrilena, as well as sailing with Joe Fly and other hot Italian teams. She said she doesn't like parties during the regatta, because "I still think this is a sport," she said. For her, and the young guns who get paid to be here and who need good results to move their career forward, she's right. For the 80%+ of the rest of the fleet, her comments are clueless.

The guys who just won race 11 are some of the biggest partiers around. So are countless others. The day that the top 20 boats get cash for winning these events is the day it should get much more serious. Even the Farr 40 events, with a much higher concentration of pros, have nightly parties here in Cervo and most other places.

Of course they get defensive when I badmouth the job that the organizers have done with their planning for this regatta, but she's wrong - there is no question that they blew it, and that people will NOT be telling their friends what an incredible regatta this was. Great racing, sure. A beautiful venue, absolutely. But an unwelcoming, overpriced, hard to get to, isolated one as well.

US32Wet

I actually had a spirited discussion with Rachele about the party situation. Her boyfriend is the bowman on Mutua Madrilena, as well as sailing with Joe Fly and other hot Italian teams. She said she doesn't like parties during the regatta, because "I still think this is a sport," she said. For her, and the young guns who get paid to be here and who need good results to move their career forward, she's right. For the 80%+ of the rest of the fleet, her comments are clueless.
The guys who just won race 11 are some of the biggest partiers around. So are countless others. The day that the top 20 boats get cash for winning these events is the day it should get much more serious. Even the Farr 40 events, with a much higher concentration of pros, have nightly parties here in Cervo and most other places.

Of course they get defensive when I badmouth the job that the organizers have done with their planning for this regatta, but she's wrong - there is no question that they blew it, and that people will NOT be telling their friends what an incredible regatta this was. Great racing, sure. A beautiful venue, absolutely. But an unwelcoming, overpriced, hard to get to, isolated one as well.

I take it Vodka is too pricey out there and you didn't get enough duty free!

bootsmax

06/06/2008 - 15:12

On the Gold course at the first windward mark in race 12, bow number 55 Saetta

led 102 Marchingenio and 27 UKA UKA.

06/06/2008 - 15:02

On the Silver course at the first windward mark of race 12, bow number 37 No woman

led 65 Acqua and 9 Music 55.

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Top Mark:

Saetta

Marchingenio

Uka Uka

Etabeta

Melllnose

Pioizon Rouge (4 Ullman in top 6)

Barbarians

Sevenstar SLAM

Blow

Fishdog

EuroVoiles

Gulisara

Gazoo

Proximo

Storm

Wolkfpack

Rat Pack

Maidoliss

Online SIM

Full Throttle.

Here's part two of our interview with Giovanni Maspero.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
I take it Vodka is too pricey out there and you didn't get enough duty free!
Funny. I've got plenty, and as sad as it may be for my reputation, I haven't had much time to party even if wanted to. I'm just telling it like I see it, and like many, many folks have told me here.

bootsmax

]

06/06/2008 - 15:25

On the Gold course at the leeward gate, bow number 55 Saetta

led 27 UKA UKA and 102 Marchingenio.

06/06/2008 - 15:22

On the Silver course at the leeward mark, bow number 37

No woman no cry (with 2 girls on board) led the fleet

tclough

Funny. I've got plenty, and as sad as it may be for my reputation, I haven't had much time to party even if wanted to. I'm just telling it like I see it, and like many, many folks have told me here.

If you think about it, the class is supported mostly by the corinthian sailors. You have all the dues/fees etc... and most of the volunteering done by these dedicated sailors. This is what makes this class work. So if we want a freaking party to go out, get stupid, howl at the moon, or brag about some rockstar kicking our ass, then so be it. If you are getting paid, do your job. Sail hard, race fast, and go to beddy by early. As for the rest of us, lets stop Mr. Clean's humble abode and bust out the vodka.

bootsmax

06/06/2008 - 15:30

On the Silver course at the second windward mark of race 12, bow number 37 No woman..

led 65 Acqua and 108 ZeroTwo

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Bottom Mark - Only two left to go! (and damn, I'm ready to be done with this!)

Saetta

Uka Uka

Marchingenio

Poizon Rouge

Etabeta

Mellnose

Team Barbarians

Sevenstar SLAM

Fishdog

Full Throttle

Eurovoile

Proximo

Gulisara

Blow

Rocad Racing

Rat Pack

Monson

Wolf Pack

RettRundtRandpsdjrlksjetr;lktjre;sljr

Alina HH

25th - Pilot Italia. No sign of Blu Moon or Westaway.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Top Mark:

Saetta - a good quarter mile ahead of the next boat. Crazy.

Uka Uka

Marchingenio

Pozion Rouge

Sevestar SLAM

Barbarians

MEllnose

EtaBeta

Full Throttle.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Good example of the windshifts - Saetta was the only boat to round the right gate, and they are literally half a leg ahead of the next boat.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
And the final finish!

Saetta

Uka Uka

Marchingenio

Poizon ROuge

Team Barbarians

Full Throttle

sevenstar SLAM

EuroVOile

Etabeta

Mellnose

Proximo

Online SIM

Fishdog

Gulisara

Alina Helly Hanson.

We have plenty more to bring you, so stay tuned. Great video of Uka Uka celebrating, and more.