DDT dumping

bsurvey194

First, a barrel of oil is traded in bulk the trading price is based on 42 gallon a barrel and a calculation is made so that it is traded at 60 degrees F based on tables aboard the the vessel carrying the product. it would appear that 50 gallon drums were used for some of the disposal based on the pictures.
however if it came out of barge at bulk it could be any amount as you need various information such as specific gravity of the liquid to really figure out how much was dumped.

if you want outrage, consider the numerous steel drums of radio active waste dumped by the US Navy into the gulf of the farallons after world war 2 and are still sitting there, out of sight out of mind where is senator chicken neck? she has know about this before she was mayor of SF

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
What do you see as a remedy for this? And who pays for that?

I think it "funny" that we have ocean trash clean up going on some places and other places are still dumping trash into the ocean from barges, afaik.

Why worry? There is still plenty of planet left to poison.
You can NOT KILL THE EARTH

we can only kill ourselves

Everything we are fucking up the Livability of EARTH with,, were parts of earth to begin with

If shit like NUKE WASTE was engineered in a known manner

Why don't juts reverse engineer it back to how/where it was found to start with

The Earth is very very Young in itself eternal life at only just over 4.5 BILLION YEARS !!

Over the amount of time human life has existed we have NOT affected the course of the Earth's Ever Changing Dynamics

If you think humans are all that compaired to the Earth - you are kidding yourself

The Earth itself is Really Nothing in the Bigger Picture of Outter Space

And WTF is Outter Space just a part of ???

bsurvey194

What do you see as a remedy for this? And who pays for that?

I think it "funny" that we have ocean trash clean up going on some places and other places are still dumping trash into the ocean from barges, afaik.
There’s nothing you can do. No remedy. What ever was in that barrel is gone by now
It’s like buying an electric car. It might make you feel good but in fact there’s a thousand people in 3 rd world countries that are burning tons of oil out there tail pipe it negates the electric car
It’s real life not some idealistic fantasy

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
There’s nothing you can do. No remedy. What ever was in that barrel is gone by now
It’s like buying an electric car. It might make you feel good but in fact there’s a thousand people in 3 rd world countries that are burning tons of oil out there tail pipe it negates the electric car
It’s real life not some idealistic fantasy
So, if I beat your ass and shit all over you, it's OK because if I didn't do it then somebody else would?

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey

Most of it got loaded in San Pedro and dumped between San Pedro and Catalina Island.

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
anyway, the drums are probably so fragile, attempting to retrieve them may make the situation worse..
A lot of it was dumped en masse, not necessarily in "Barrels". They used "Barrels" as a quantity. Even at that, mostly they guestimated volume. Some of it was actually in Barrels, and yes, attempting to retrieve them without making matters far worse will be very difficult.

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist

Most of it got loaded in San Pedro and dumped between San Pedro and Catalina Island.
Seem to recall that Monsanto had a huge plant to make DDT in the South Bay area somewhere.. another reason to avoid LA :poop:

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Seem to recall that Monsanto had a huge plant to make DDT in the South Bay area somewhere.. another reason to avoid LA :poop:
1660059351156.png

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Would make a Great Homeless Encampment Zone.

The Hazards there just might be what's needed to counter the Toxic Hazards the surround themselves (and others) with anyway

Ya know Woodrow... you may be onto someting there..

They wouldn't have any Bed Bugs!

1660081527411.png

I'm thinking about filing suit against Monsanto. Their Santoprene grip on my Ruger revolver gave me a blister!

Last edited:

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
You can NOT KILL THE EARTH

we can only kill ourselves

Everything we are fucking up the Livability of EARTH with,, were parts of earth to begin with

If shit like NUKE WASTE was engineered in a known manner

Why don't juts reverse engineer it back to how/where it was found to start with

The Earth is very very Young in itself eternal life at only just over 4.5 BILLION YEARS !!

Over the amount of time human life has existed we have NOT affected the course of the Earth's Ever Changing Dynamics

If you think humans are all that compaired to the Earth - you are kidding yourself

The Earth itself is Really Nothing in the Bigger Picture of Outter Space

And WTF is Outter Space just a part of ???

says it all the earth is fine