decent foul weather gear for women

what waterproof kit is worn by female offshore sailors please? Looks like Musto HPX does XS and HH Aegir but not seeing much else? And serious question from someone with no hair... how easy are dry smocks to put on if you have long hair. The neck seals are bad enough for me 

Ocean View

Australia
I'm interested in the same subject.

Does anyone know how well the Henri Lloyd gear fits when worn.

My partner is 50kg and around 1.6m tall and we're looking at getting these for her - just for inshores and twilights to keep her dry and warm.

Other brands and suitable salopette recommendations are welcome.

y10161_mrn_fr_1.jpg
Henri Lloyd Hi -Fit Freedom

Last edited by a moderator:
Alison curently has musto mpx ladies trousers with the drop seat. She rates the drop seat. We have managed to wear out a lot of trousers - we had an F27 tri and must have spent too much time on our knees. Musto were very good the first time on warranty... but not the second or 3rd time.....

We are currently evaluating most of wetsuit outlet - uk discounters small stock - musto hpx smock xs , gill OC1 XS jacket and HL Offshore Elite - the latter is very light and comfortable but the size 10 is enormous so we are waiting for a size 8. The hpx smock is brilliant but getting long hair through the neck seal was given the thumbs down!   

NORBowGirl

Super Anarchist
what waterproof kit is worn by female offshore sailors please? Looks like Musto HPX does XS and HH Aegir but not seeing much else? And serious question from someone with no hair... how easy are dry smocks to put on if you have long hair. The neck seals are bad enough for me 
I have long hair but when I sail it's protected! With a braid or ponytail. Not just to protect the hair but also cause of safety, I don't want my hair stuck in a winch or something. Of course loose hair would also mean that putting on a smock would be annoying. Tell your woman to protect her hair. Yes it might mess up her hairdo a little to put on the smock but the alternatives are worse.

Irish River

Super Anarchist
BC
Wife loves the musto mpx drop seat for the melges 24.  It sucks peeing into a bucket, let alone getting completely undressed to go pee in the vast open areas of a melges.  

The one issue is the shoulder straps cross to close for her neck and rub a bit.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Norbow Girl - with your comments not sure how much offshore you really do if hairstyle is a worry - its the 0200 put on for your watch on a 2 handed basis that is the question and can you do it on your own?

We have just got the gill XS and I can put it on... so we are down to the HL le sexy light stuff which is generously sized for ladies or the musto hpx xs whihc is correctly sized ... but a smock! 

NB we are looking at UK discounters - the kit is generally 50% lower than RRP 

NORBowGirl

Super Anarchist
Thanks Norbow Girl - with your comments not sure how much offshore you really do if hairstyle is a worry - its the 0200 put on for your watch on a 2 handed basis that is the question and can you do it on your own?

We have just got the gill XS and I can put it on... so we are down to the HL le sexy light stuff which is generously sized for ladies or the musto hpx xs whihc is correctly sized ... but a smock! 

NB we are looking at UK discounters - the kit is generally 50% lower than RRP 
I'm not worried about my hairstyle at all :) I just don't understand why hair would be a problem at all. Only if it's NOT braided, can I see an issue.