DeSantis Ratchets Up His Run Against DIsney

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
The folks in Orange and Osceola Counties would surely love to have a chance to vote in Randy Fine’s next election. 
I just got off the phone with a friend who lives near Houston. He said people are pretty upset about Abbott's stunt with Mexican inspections at the border, the price of produce went through the roof, and everyone felt it in the pocketbook.  He added the proviso that everyone knew where that damage came from. I just hope they have long memories.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
01DA066A-08DF-4BA9-9965-10FF2868062D.jpeg

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Now that the bullshitters are on record...here is what Disney actually said and did to gain the ire of the Dear Leader and his legions of bullshitters. 

MARCH 11, 2022

Statement On Disney’s Support For The LGBTQ+ Community

Today, Bob Chapek sent the following message to employees of The Walt Disney Company:

To my fellow colleagues, but especially our LGBTQ+ community,

Thank you to all who have reached out to me sharing your pain, frustration and sadness over the company’s response to the Florida “Don’t Say Gay” bill. Speaking to you, reading your messages, and meeting with you have helped me better understand how painful our silence was. It is clear that this is not just an issue about a bill in Florida, but instead yet another challenge to basic human rights. You needed me to be a stronger ally in the fight for equal rights and I let you down. I am sorry.

Our employees see the power of this great company as an opportunity to do good. I agree. Yes, we need to use our influence to promote that good by telling inclusive stories, but also by standing up for the rights of all.

Starting immediately, we are increasing our support for advocacy groups to combat similar legislation in other states. We are hard at work creating a new framework for our political giving that will ensure our advocacy better reflects our values. And today, we are pausing all political donations in the state of Florida pending this review. But, I know there is so much more work to be done. I am committed to this work and to you all, and will continue to engage with the LGBTQ+ community so that I can become a better ally. You will hear more about our progress in the coming weeks.

I truly believe we are an infinitely better and stronger company because of our LGBTQ+ community. I missed the mark in this case but am an ally you can count on—and I will be an outspoken champion for the protections, visibility, and opportunity you deserve.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/statement-on-disneys-support-for-the-lgbtq-community/

Notice who they threaten? Nobody. They promise support for marginalized groups. Very scary. That's what started all of the retaliatory bullshit.  You must agree with the Dear Leader in order to get that small, unobtrusive government that lets you pick yourself up by your bootstraps and be a good Capitalist. 

Last edited by a moderator:

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Now that the bullshitters are on record...here is what Disney actually said and did to gain the ire of the Dear Leader and his legions of bullshitters. 

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/statement-on-disneys-support-for-the-lgbtq-community/

Notice who they threaten? Nobody. They promise support for marginalized groups. Very scary. That's what started all of the retaliatory bullshit.  You must agree with the Dear Leader in order to get that small, unobtrusive government that lets you pick yourself up by your bootstraps and be a good Capitalist. 
Nice try.  That statement is dated 3/11 almost 3 weeks before the bill was signed.   
There is nothing wrong with that statement and we would not be in this situation if they had left it at that, But as you know they didn’t leave it.   This statement was released after the Signing of the Bill.   What gained their ire is in bold  

MARCH 28, 2022

Statement From The Walt Disney Company On Signing Of Florida Legislation

The following statement may be attributed to a spokesperson for The Walt Disney Company:

“Florida’s HB 1557, also known as the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill, should never have passed and should never have been signed into law. Our goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts, and we remain committed to supporting the national and state organizations working to achieve that. We are dedicated to standing up for the rights and safety of LGBTQ+ members of the Disney family, as well as the LGBTQ+ community in Florida and across the country.”

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Nice try.  That statement is dated 3/11 almost 3 weeks before the bill was signed.   
There is nothing wrong with that statement and we would not be in this situation if they had left it at that, But as you know they didn’t leave it.   This statement was released after the Signing of the Bill.   What gained their ire is in bold  

MARCH 28, 2022

Statement From The Walt Disney Company On Signing Of Florida Legislation

The following statement may be attributed to a spokesperson for The Walt Disney Company:

“Florida’s HB 1557, also known as the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill, should never have passed and should never have been signed into law. Our goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts, and we remain committed to supporting the national and state organizations working to achieve that. We are dedicated to standing up for the rights and safety of LGBTQ+ members of the Disney family, as well as the LGBTQ+ community in Florida and across the country.”
Okay bullshitter.  Do you have the entire statement for us? 

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Okay bullshitter.  Do you have the entire statement for us? 
You are the one spreading Bullshit.  That is the official press release, in its entirety, from the company website. 
Press release

I didn’t include the contact info but you are free to reach out to them and see if the bullshit you are claiming is written in invisible ink.  Maybe you need pixie dust to reveal it?  

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
You are the one spreading Bullshit.  That is the official press release, in its entirety, from the company website. 
Press release

I didn’t include the contact info but you are free to reach out to them and see if the bullshit you are claiming is written in invisible ink.  Maybe you need pixie dust to reveal it?  
Now let’s see the threat. 

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Now let’s see the threat. 
You really are a broken record.   You got caught spreading Bullshit using a support statement from 3/11, claimed it was the WHOLE statement that triggered the legislature response.  Now that your BS was exposed rather than man up and admit you posted the wrong statement you move the goal posts.   Clearly the legislature recognized the threat and reacted.  
So either you made a mistake or flat out lied to further an agenda.   I’ll let the rest of the ELK decide. 

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
You really are a broken record.   You got caught spreading Bullshit using a support statement from 3/11, claimed it was the WHOLE statement that triggered the legislature response.  Now that your BS was exposed you move the goal posts.   Clearly the legislature recognized the threat and reacted.  
So either you made a mistake or flat out lied to further an agenda.   I’ll let the rest of the ELK decide. 

You’re the one that said they made a threat. I am asking you to substantiate your claim. 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
You really are a broken record.   You got caught spreading Bullshit using a support statement from 3/11, claimed it was the WHOLE statement that triggered the legislature response.  Now that your BS was exposed rather than man up and admit you posted the wrong statement you move the goal posts.   Clearly the legislature recognized the threat and reacted.  

Your little snowflake ass thinks a company stating their goals is a “threat.” When did righties lose their spine?

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
You really are a broken record.   You got caught spreading Bullshit using a support statement from 3/11, claimed it was the WHOLE statement that triggered the legislature response.  ....
And you posted a Disney statement AFTER the bill was written and signed.

How the fuck does a statement from a company justify punitive legislation BEFORE the company makes the statement?

Dang, you're really dumb as shit. But please, keep trying.

- DSK

Ishmael

Fuctifino
And you posted a Disney statement AFTER the bill was written and signed.

How the fuck does a statement from a company justify punitive legislation BEFORE the company makes the statement?

Dang, you're really dumb as shit. But please, keep trying.

- DSK
No, please stop. I can only take so much stupid at one time.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Threat means a communicated intent to inflict harm or loss on another or on another's property. It can be one that might diminish a person's freedom to act voluntarily or with lawful consent.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/t/threat/

Comrade Jokov is saying that this is a threat by Disney.

Our goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts, and we remain committed to supporting the national and state organizations working to achieve that.

Home schooled were you, Comrade?

I didn’t say Disney was a victim.  They clearly made a choice to join their WOKE employees going after this law.  A law that a majority of both Democrat, independents and Republican voters in the state of Florida support.   Boards work for the shareholders to increase profit not get into fights with governors over their own personal political views.  
When did not being a bigoted, homophobic asshole get you called "woke"  You fucktards on the right are ridiculous.