DeSantis Ratchets Up His Run Against DIsney

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
Maybe there's a hint here somewhere...

Lawmakers last month did not detail what agencies would pick up the services provided by Reedy Creek or who would be responsible for its debt, which has been estimated to top $1 billion. DeSantis put the debt figure at $766 million. State law requires that when special districts are abolished, their assets and liabilities go to local governments. But DeSantis said local governments will not pick up the Reedy Creek debt or control district property.

“That debt will not end up going to any of these as local governments, it’s not going to go to the state government either,” DeSantis said. “It’s going to absolutely be dealt with (by) the taxpayers who are currently in that district.”

DeSantis contended state control would protect residents in Central Florida. “I’d much rather have the state leading that effort, than potentially having local governments,” DeSantis said. “First of all, it’d be a cash cow for them if they had Disney. But I’m worried that they would use that as a pretext to raise taxes on people, when that’s what they would want to do anyways, and then try to blame Reedy Creek.”
So your taking a self running origination that provides the services needed to run itself , and giving those responsibilities to a local government. That is too fucking funny, Have you ever tried to get the local governments fix or maintain anything, First what's the problem , then file the needed permits and then have been told not my dept. or you used the wrong form, Then it has to be approved which sends out an army of inspectors and engineers, who fight over how and what's to be done, which is resubmitted to the proper office and then assign the work to be done, then another army of non workers shows up all with a special trade, (truck diver, cone man, flag people, tool man. tool operator, supervisor, coffee getter), so now it's time for a break or lunch, so after lunch, start all over, So 4 pm rolls around and their almost done, so their go into over time . So it's taken weeks and dozens of people to remove a dead tree. And who going to pay for this YOU!

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
So your taking a self running origination that provides the services needed to run itself , and giving those responsibilities to a local government. That is too fucking funny, Have you ever tried to get the local governments fix or maintain anything, First what's the problem , then file the needed permits and then have been told not my dept. or you used the wrong form, Then it has to be approved which sends out an army of inspectors and engineers, who fight over how and what's to be done, which is resubmitted to the proper office and then assign the work to be done, then another army of non workers shows up all with a special trade, (truck diver, cone man, flag people, tool man. tool operator, supervisor, coffee getter), so now it's time for a break or lunch, so after lunch, start all over, So 4 pm rolls around and their almost done, so their go into over time . So it's taken weeks and dozens of people to remove a dead tree. And who going to pay for this YOU!
Actually, if you read the latest from your Dear Leader, he's going to have the State take over. Cause he created a huge problem in that the tax rate Disney pays to Reedy Creek or whateverthehell it's called, is 3x the tax rate the locals pay around those parts. If the local communities get saddled with the costs to service DW, they can't charge one resident a higher rate than the rest, they would have to saddle the entire area with the same rate.

of course, DeSantis won't own up to the fact that it's his crony capitalist idea that's fucked up, he wants to blame the local gov'ts. What a bunch of maroons.

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
Actually, if you read the latest from your Dear Leader, he's going to have the State take over. Cause he created a huge problem in that the tax rate Disney pays to Reedy Creek or whateverthehell it's called, is 3x the tax rate the locals pay around those parts. If the local communities get saddled with the costs to service DW, they can't charge one resident a higher rate than the rest, they would have to saddle the entire area with the same rate.

of course, DeSantis won't own up to the fact that it's his crony capitalist idea that's fucked up, he wants to blame the local gov'ts. What a bunch of maroons.
Over years/decades and even centuries, government have set up deals with large Corps to bring in jobs /tourism and taxes, to help support local/state taxes, Fair or not. Not that a I'm fan of Disney, this deal was set up long before Desatan was born, So for the reigning Governor to come in and change policies ( over the word GAY) seems weird! And would it set a precedent for other companies to not to believe in the states deal making?

Not that it would Happen, But what if Disney says screw it, Desatan  you won , we're out! Disney world moves to Mexico/Bahama's/Hati, we don't (Disney) exist! good bye, They layoff 100'k workers, close hotel , restaurants And don't pay billions in taxes. Talk about some funny shit! If Desatan wins POTUS will he go after Disney Land (Calif)?

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Over years/decades and even centuries, government have set up deals with large Corps to bring in jobs /tourism and taxes, to help support local/state taxes, Fair or not. Not that a I'm fan of Disney, this deal was set up long before Desatan was born, So for the reigning Governor to come in and change policies ( over the word GAY) seems weird! And would it set a precedent for other companies to not to believe in the states deal making?

Not that it would Happen, But what if Disney says screw it, Desatan  you won , we're out! Disney world moves to Mexico/Bahama's/Hati, we don't (Disney) exist! good bye, They layoff 100'k workers, close hotel , restaurants And don't pay billions in taxes. Talk about some funny shit! If Desatan wins POTUS will he go after Disney Land (Calif)?
DeSatan is learning a very bad lesson - crony capitalism is his route to the WH. Why would he change once he gets there?

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Captain Ron picks his kind of Supreme Court Justice.
And he'll most likely make sure this is swept under the rug.

The "Don't Move To Florida" thread was initially intended to be humorous but King-in-waiting Ron has worked tirelessly to prove that thread title something to be seriously considered for those north of us

billsreef

Anarchist
Miami
I am really hoping DeathSantis' efforts to make Florida the nation's leader in Corona virus deaths will have reduced his supporters numbers enough to loose the next election. If he's reelected, I expect him to be even worse than he is now.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
I am really hoping DeathSantis' efforts to make Florida the nation's leader in Corona virus deaths will have reduced his supporters numbers enough to loose the next election. If he's reelected, I expect him to be even worse than he is now.
If he is re-elected he will be in Presidential campaign mode from day one. One publicity stunt or comment after another. Look on the bright side, maybe getting him away from the day to day operations of the state might help us get our inflation down to the national average…or lower.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
If he is re-elected he will be in Presidential campaign mode from day one. One publicity stunt or comment after another. Look on the bright side, maybe getting him away from the day to day operations of the state might help us get our inflation down to the national average…or lower.
He's already doing that. Practically everything he does is red meat to his base. But the question is, will the rest of America react as positively as people here?

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
He's already doing that. Practically everything he does is red meat to his base. But the question is, will the rest of America react as positively as people here?
Unfortunately, seems so according to polls and "observations" in eastern NC. If Trump doesn't run, DeSantis has a good shot at being our next president. Dems need to come up with a great candidate, and do it soon.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Unfortunately, seems so according to polls and "observations" in eastern NC. If Trump doesn't run, DeSantis has a good shot at being our next president. Dems need to come up with a great candidate, and do it soon.
The question about "who" was asked on some panel show recently and the people there didn't have an answer. All I could think was, "How in the hell is it possible these three self-proclaimed Dems have no answer!?!?!"

Do we now have the bully vs the 90 pound weakling with no Charles Atlas in sight?

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
No need to bother voting because there is no alternative. Just feel the despair! Don’t bother looking at who’s running and what they advocate because they don’t matter, only the bully does. Stay home in november, democRATS. It’s the only way to make yourself heard!

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
No need to bother voting because there is no alternative. Just feel the despair! Don’t bother looking at who’s running and what they advocate because they don’t matter, only the bully does. Stay home in november, democRATS. It’s the only way to make yourself heard!
Sol, you have even had your primary yet. Can you tell us anything about Nikki Fried? I suppose most people are familiar with Crist.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Sol, you have even had your primary yet. Can you tell us anything about Nikki Fried? I suppose most people are familiar with Crist.
Nope, which is why I jest. August.

Nikki is the only democRAT in over 17 years to get elected in a statewide race. I get tired just viewing her Twitter feed. Works like crazy. Pro choice. Pro gun safety. Pro science. Doesn’t seem to live in a make believe universe.

She was SGA President at UF. Think about that for a sec. UF is the good old boy network incubator for the state of Florida. A woman Student Government President? Yup. Not afraid of challenges. She is just out working Crist and closing the gap with him. He’s DOA. His history as a Republican and as a loser is an anchor for him.

The general election is different. Before 2016 I was saying that a Democrat needed to win a general election by five points to be declared the winner. Now I think that fudge factor is closer to ten. Not impossible but highly unlikely.