DeSantis Ratchets Up His Run Against DIsney

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
If I wase Disney, I woude cloese DW untille the electiones come alongue.  Losse of jobs, revunue, and taxes mitte macke citey of Orlando alittelle moire supportieve.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Why shouldn’t a corporation fight a law? They give donations for this purpose all the time.

If they feel it is in their best interests, a corporation can make it their goal to fight a law.

The board may feel that their customers and employees will be more likely to stay loyal and show up if the law is repealed.

You can blame a “woke mob” if you like, but Dems represent >40million more Americans than Republicans. You might want minority rule, but that ain’t a given.

You’re gonna have to fight for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
If I wase Disney, I woude cloese DW untille the electiones come alongue.  Losse of jobs, revunue, and taxes mitte macke citey of Orlando alittelle moire supportieve.
Not to mention the 365 RCID jobs killed instantly, including 200;first responders, according to floor comments yesterday. That’s with DW staying open. But that’s the thing, Universal won’t fill all of those hotel rooms in town. But it’s perfect in that it’s enemy territory, so unemployment is a good thing for the Captain Ron crew, and it keeps people from talking about the Get the Blacks Out of the Congressional Delegation map. 

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
Not to mention the 365 RCID jobs killed instantly, including 200;first responders, according to floor comments yesterday. That’s with DW staying open.
Notte alle loste, butte remaineng jobs transferred to municipalle payrolle...........            :)

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Not to mention the 365 RCID jobs killed instantly, including 200;first responders, according to floor comments yesterday. That’s with DW staying open. But that’s the thing, Universal won’t fill all of those hotel rooms in town. But it’s perfect in that it’s enemy territory, so unemployment is a good thing for the Captain Ron crew, and it keeps people from talking about the Get the Blacks Out of the Congressional Delegation map. 
So why wouldn’t those first responders stay on at their existing fire houses.  Orange County already supplies the  police support.  

More claims that there is an effort to get blacks out of a map.   Playing the race card without cites is …. Oh yeah spreading bullshit. 

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Why shouldn’t a corporation fight a law? They give donations for this purpose all the time.

If they feel it is in their best interests, a corporation can make it their goal to fight a law.

The board may feel that their customers and employees will be more likely to stay loyal and show up if the law is repealed.

You can blame a “woke mob” if you like, but Dems represent >40million more Americans than Republicans. You might want minority rule, but that ain’t a given.

You’re gonna have to fight for it.
Their customers and the residents of Florida already overwhelmingly support the law.  
Poll

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
So why wouldn’t those first responders stay on at their existing fire houses.  Orange County already supplies the  police support.  

More claims that there is an effort to get blacks out of a map.   Playing the race card without cites is …. Oh yeah spreading bullshit. 
Once you finish doggy styling over your bullshit statement we can get to your shifting doggy styling about what I posted. 

Where’s Disney’s threat? @Dog, is that you?

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Once you finish doggy styling over your bullshit statement we can get to your shifting doggy styling about what I posted. 

Where’s Disney’s threat? @Dog, is that you?
Well clearly there was a threat made to get the law overturned my one and only statement  

Clearly the legislature saw it as a threat hence the move to change their status  in FL

Forbes posted that Disney was getting involved in the lawsuits by supporting advocacy groups.

Forbes

Disney said in a statement Monday after DeSantis signed HB 1557 into law that its “goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts” by supporting advocacy groups challenging the law, adding it “should never” have been passed or enacted

But a small town lawyer knows better

Doggy style indeed 

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Their customers and the residents of Florida already overwhelmingly support the law.  
Poll
You are citing The Washington Times 

From All Media: "The Washington Times has the slogan “America’s Newspaper” and targets center-right conservatives, even defining itself as a conservative news outlet. The newspaper was created by Sun Myung Moon to conservatively fight communism, and also to stand as another, more conservative option to The Washington Post, which he claimed had a liberal bias. Because the newspaper is conservative, the AllSides Bias Rating™ for The Washington Times leans right. As of April 2017, a vast majority of the 14,000 AllSides users who voted agree with the lean right ranking. This number is consistent with the July 2016 results in which a large majority had also agreed."

Their employees were walking out, and I think the corporation has a better sense of what their customers want than you do.

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Doggy style indeed 
Joker, you mentioned a female being flicked off this site.  It had to have happened before your 2018 join date.  Simple question, what was your previous screen name.  I was flicked twice, GLSailor and JDL were mine (both for just pissing Ed off).  What was yours?  Why are you being such a little pussy about this?  No hurry, take advantage of the sun on your balls.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Dissolving RCID would put about 350 people out of work, including 200 first responders, since the Back the Blue crowd seems to care about them sometimes…when there isn’t a Capitol involved. That came out in comments yesterday from one of the enemy representatives. The Orange County Tax Collector has been on Twitter a bit. He’s said it was upwards of 4k per taxpayer. That doesn’t go to renters…directly. It’s way too stupid, even for DeSantis. It’s gotta be a distraction to keep people from talking about Captain Ron’s Get Black People Out of the Florida House Delegation map. 
Yes, it could be a distraction but it could really backfire on him if Disney decides to take their former donation money and put it towards a campaign against DeSantis. 

It also gives those running against him some red meat, pointing out that the moment Disney withheld campaign donations (legal bribery) he went after them, saying, "For Ronny, it's all about the money."  Though I don't know how many voters actually care about legal bribery.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Well clearly there was a threat made to get the law overturned my one and only statement  

Clearly the legislature saw it as a threat hence the move to change their status  in FL

Forbes posted that Disney was getting involved in the lawsuits by supporting advocacy groups.

Forbes

Disney said in a statement Monday after DeSantis signed HB 1557 into law that its “goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts” by supporting advocacy groups challenging the law, adding it “should never” have been passed or enacted

But a small town lawyer knows better

Doggy style indeed 
Still no threat, Doggy Style, no matter how many times you repeat it. What did Forbes say specifically that supports your bullshit?

Teener

Super Anarchist
PDX
I am a customer, been there over 25 times also a DVC member, my kids both did the college program.  
I'm a wealthy west coast liberal elite who has used Florida for extended stays to the Carribean and Europe.  The mouse has always been a part of those visits considering the preferences of my family of 6 and generally we spare no expense.  With Florida's move to flyover status, I'm sure you will appreciate the shorter lines.