DeSantis Ratchets Up His Run Against DIsney

Gangbusters

Anarchist
Chicago
You think the majority of employees and customers support this move by Disney?  
I’m guessing the share holders are not happy right now 
I'm a shareholder and can see the Disney boats leaving the port from my window. I'm delighted that they are standing up to loser of a governor.

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
That's so cute.  So Disney is a victim to this horrible 'woke mob'.  Because it would melt your little snowflake brain if you discovered that the people who run Disney actually disagree with Desatan.  *snicker*.
I didn’t say Disney was a victim.  They clearly made a choice to join their WOKE employees going after this law.  A law that a majority of both Democrat, independents and Republican voters in the state of Florida support.   Boards work for the shareholders to increase profit not get into fights with governors over their own personal political views.  

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
I am a customer, been there over 25 times also a DVC member, my kids both did the college program.  
Have a coworker that has a season pass and goes like every weekend, his kids are indoctrinated too, Voice is like nails on a chalkboard, He too is an asshole...  

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I didn’t say Disney was a victim.  They clearly made a choice to join their WOKE employees going after this law.  A law that a majority of both Democrat, independents and Republican voters in the state of Florida support.   Boards work for the shareholders to increase profit not get into fights with governors over their own personal political views.  
Why is it you don't have the balls (pale or tanned) to report your prior to 2018 screen name.  I just want to recall if you were always an ass.  On the upside, you might be one of the best on your side as it's clear you give your posts some thought and don't come across as a broken record.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
They clearly made a choice to join their WOKE employees going after this law.  A law that a majority of both Democrat, independents and Republican voters in the state of Florida support.   Boards work for the shareholders to increase profit not get into fights with governors over their own personal political views.  
I think you’ve identified three things company leaders must do: Boards should act on what they think is right, work with their employees & increase profits for their company.

And sometimes they can take steps they feel accomplish all three at once.

I think the Board running Disney is doing that right now. Americans are opposed to what this strange and horrible rule might accomplish if NRA “slippery slope” logic is applied.

But definitely most of the imaginative CosPlay types who gravitate to being Disney characters or dream of working for Disney are LGBTQ friendly and are opposed to “Don’t say gay”

And if you read the writing on the wall of LGBTQ freedoms in America, MAGA and Desantis are trying to hold back the tides of history. Good luck stopping cultural shifts of this magnitude.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
I think you’ve identified three things company leaders must do: Boards should act on what they think is right, work with their employees & increase profits for their company.

And sometimes they can take steps they feel accomplish all three at once.

I think the Board running Disney is doing that right now. Americans are opposed to what this strange and horrible rule might accomplish if NRA “slippery slope” logic is applied.

But definitely most of the imaginative CosPlay types who gravitate to being Disney characters or dream of working for Disney are LGBTQ friendly and are opposed to “Don’t say gay”

And if you read the writing on the wall of LGBTQ freedoms in America, MAGA and Desantis are trying to hold back the tides of history. Good luck stopping cultural shifts of this magnitude.
Their board quite likely has access to the numbers for Pride weekend vs Sibling Fucking but don’t leave out the MAGA Days. Corporate citizens should be celebrated for Citizens Uniting and Hobby Lobbying or Chick Fil A’ing to bash librul causes, but if they want to criticize The Nominee, the frothing bots will attack.

There’s a reason the cowards set this to take effect more than a year from now. It will never go into effect, but it has a great effect in terms of distracting from Al Lawson’s district getting carved up between the Boys, as well as the district currently served by that woman with the temerity to challenge Liddle Marco of H2O.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Boards work for the shareholders to increase profit not get into fights with governors over their own personal political views.  
Boards are not personal and board decisions are not personal decisions.

Boards do not work for their shareholders, work for hire. They act as a fiduciary for the shareholder interests while exercising proper business judgment. They are personally liable for their fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience. A worker is not civilly liable for not showing up.

Home schooled?

Ishmael

Fuctifino

Boards do not work for their shareholders, work for hire. They act as a fiduciary for the shareholder interests while exercising proper business judgment. They are personally liable for their fiduciary duties of care, loyalty and obedience. A worker is not civilly liable for not showing up.

Home schooled?
Un-schooled.

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit

Home schooled?
I serve on two boards right now. Not counting my own company.  Both non profits.  Both with budgets over 7 figures. Board members are not always paid.   In a public company you are always responsible  to the  shareholders.  I said work for the shareholders you say look out for the shareholders interests.  It is the same thing and no I’m not going to play word smithing games with you.  
And no I wasn’t home schooled. 

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Their board quite likely has access to the numbers for Pride weekend vs Sibling Fucking but don’t leave out the MAGA Days. Corporate citizens should be celebrated for Citizens Uniting and Hobby Lobbying or Chick Fil A’ing to bash librul causes, but if they want to criticize The Nominee, the frothing bots will attack.

There’s a reason the cowards set this to take effect more than a year from now. It will never go into effect, but it has a great effect in terms of distracting from Al Lawson’s district getting carved up between the Boys, as well as the district currently served by that woman with the temerity to challenge Liddle Marco of H2O.
You sound so angry and really hung up on these weird fantasies using your dog whistle code words. 

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
I serve on two boards right now. Not counting my own company.  Both non profits.  Both with budgets over 7 figures. Board members are not always paid.   In a public company you are always responsible  to the  shareholders.  I said work for the shareholders you say look out for the shareholders interests.  It is the same thing and no I’m not going to play word smithing games with you.  
And no I wasn’t home schooled. 
Public companies must have boards. Private companies may have boards. Being responsible to the shareholders is a popularity thing; you might lose an election. Being a fiduciary is a legal thing; you might lose money. But y'all are on a couple of boreds.

BTW, these are the top shareholders of Disney.

https://money.cnn.com/quote/shareholders/shareholders.html?symb=DIS&subView=institutional

Got any cites of them complaining about the Disney board or is this just the voices in your head?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit

What’s not going to to effect?  
The parental rights bill that is at the heart of this which goes into effect in July 2022 

https://m.flsenate.gov/session/bill/2022/1557/billtext/er/pdf

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Am I the only one that thinks DeSantis AND Disney can eat a bag of dicks and hope they destroy each other and fall into a sinkhole full of hungry alligators?
Pull Disney out of FL and the economy will go in the shitter. If they call Captain Ron’s bluff, our economy will tank.  A lot of people would get hurt, perhaps not all democRATS. 

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Public companies must have boards. Private companies may have boards. Being responsible to the shareholders is a popularity thing; you might lose an election. Being a fiduciary is a legal thing; you might lose money. But y'all are on a couple of boreds.

BTW, these are the top shareholders of Disney.

https://money.cnn.com/quote/shareholders/shareholders.html?symb=DIS&subView=institutional

Got any cites of them complaining about the Disney board or is this just the voices in your head?
Whoops.  Facts. Facts aren’t just unfair to bullshitters. They are SO Unfair. 

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Whoops.  Facts. Facts aren’t just unfair to bullshitters. They are SO Unfair. 
What facts did he share that I wasn’t already aware of.  I guess you never heard of shareholders annual meetings.  
YOU know where they elect the BOARD of directors. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
What’s not going to to effect?  
The parental rights bill that is at the heart of this which goes into effect in July 2022 

https://m.flsenate.gov/session/bill/2022/1557/billtext/er/pdf
Yes, you want to change the topic to the don’t say gay bill. @Dogis very concerned about making sure marginalized groups stay that way too, but the legislative action being discussed is the revocation of RCID’s enabling statute. Your effort(s) to bullshit the discussion into something else are acknowledged. 

Latest posts