Deutsch connector kit

I am working on a project and would like to use a few deutsch connectors.
I have not found a vendor / retailer near me to buy from so I will likely be shopping online.

I would like to identify a kit with the crimp tool and spare connectors. Two pin for now, But I see a need in the future for some five pin connectors.

Seeking your input.

Is there a kit that worked well for you ? Or one to avoid?

Cheers,

Quattro

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
I am working on a project and would like to use a few deutsch connectors.
I have not found a vendor / retailer near me to buy from so I will likely be shopping online.

I would like to identify a kit with the crimp tool and spare connectors. Two pin for now, But I see a need in the future for some five pin connectors.

Seeking your input.

Is there a kit that worked well for you ? Or one to avoid?

Cheers,

Quattro
Sometimes I can borrow oddball tools and crimpers

Ask around

I understand a $200 kit for one install does not make sense. I have had a few projects this year where a deutsch was a perfect solution. I am asking beacuse I would like to have a tool and spares in my shop.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
Google it

The hand crimpers are a rather complex , profession tool and cost a couple hundred

469F4BCE-CD30-41AB-8CDA-65B3F72ED089.jpeg

Amazon has heaps of Deutsch kits. The open barrel type connectors and especially the tooling is less expensive than the ferrule type in the post above, if that works for your needs.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
For non-certified applications you don't need name-brand tools or ferrules. I've done plenty of repairs and re-plugs with 15$ crimpers sized appropriately.
As I said , with odd ball tools like a coaxial plug crimper I borrow the tool

The op might be able to drop the plug off at a electronic shop and have them assemble it

sAiLiNg AnArChY

Novmember
If it ever came down to an insurance issue, you can tell if the correct assembly tool is used. Best to rent, borrow or buy the correct tool for the job than risk a premature failure.

sAiLiNg AnArChY

Novmember
https://www.deutschconnector.com has all the pieces and parts, and is well organized to help you figure out the right stuff to order.

https://www.digikey.com/ has much better pricing especially on the pins and sockets, but it takes a lot of patience and attention to detail to make sure you're ordering the right things.

The crimp tools are still expensive though.
Digikey has always worked for me. Their telephone team is quite helpful.