DH Transpac

tweaker

So class 6 is away and the ED is giving props to his boys on Relentless the ID35. That would seem the the boat to beat, but I gotta back my dudes on Bloodhound a Hobie 33. The ID 35 's have done well in this race DH and so have Hobie 33's.

Relentless got off to a good start, but I think they are starting to choke. I took a peek at the weather this morning and these boats need to go south. The wind is going to be in a band 150-200 miles off shore and straight south. The pac high aint going to come in untill Monday or tues and up high and east making good wind and a shorter course for those starting Saturday. The big guys will get a nice reaching ride after Tuesday.

BTW this is the second DH Tpac for Reeed and Brian and the 4th or 5th Tpac each. They raced the J-35 now known as Addiction last Tpac. Reed sold it in HI to the the ones racing it this year. It used to be called Diablo.

Any way my buds are making good time south and there is lots of course left to have fun on. It will be fun to see how it plays out.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
I wish we could 5-7 Hobie's and do a DH 2011 TP shootout!

You in Scot?

KiwiNZsurf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawg

The Hobie 33 is like a mini Merlin.

Isn't that a great shot of a Great Boat!!!!!!

I wish we could 5-7 Hobie's and do a DH 2011 TP shootout!You in Scot?
The ED to do a DH Transpac.......you should work on getting him to do Long Beach Race Week first.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
That would be cool, but what about 5-6 FT's? do you think the Hobie's are any better built? I don't think so.

My friends are doing a low budget race no ayso's or Code 6.

Has even 1 FT sailed across any ocean?

Last time I checked or watched, FT 10's are grossly overpowered, crew weight dependent spinnaker boats.

That plow and spray at times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
The Hobie 33 is like a mini Merlin.

Isn't that a great shot of a Great Boat!!!!!!

The ED to do a DH Transpac.......you should work on getting him to do Long Beach Race Week first.
jesus dude, give it a rest. we are though bringing the boat up to do santa barbara to king harbor!

Expedition is calling for the fleet to route further south another day... I like where Bloodhound is positioned- another 24rhs and they might get their nose out into a bit more decent air.

I think a bunch of turbo'd Hobies on their way to Hawaii would be a blast.

Hank

So class 6 is away and the ED is giving props to his boys on Relentless the ID35. That would seem the the boat to beat, but I gotta back my dudes on Bloodhound a Hobie 33.
Relentless got off to a good start, but I think they are starting to choke.

BTW this is the second DH Tpac for Reeed and Brian and the 4th or 5th Tpac each. They raced the J-35 now known as Addiction last Tpac. Reed sold it in HI to the the ones racing it this year. It used to be called Diablo.

It will be fun to see how it plays out.
Looks like Relentless got a pretty good jump on Bloodhound over the night.

I wish my homies on Relentless were farther south too, but if it is lite and stays lite the Hobie will not stay with the OD 35. The Hobie will need 12 knots + to start catching waves. I think the OD 35 guys are banking on what the weather does in 2-3 days after the high goes back up where it belongs.

Tweaker, is Bloodhound a turboed Hobie. And BTW Tim and Erik have a DH Transpac and more than a few crewed Transpacs and Pac Cups between them.

My boyzzzzzzzz are not choking............at least not this soon. They better get their asses over in front of Bloodhound and cover those asses.

And yes TWEAKER it is going to be a real interesting, and FUN too.

hank..out