Did he do it?

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Saying that he would end Nord Stream was amazingly stupid.
Why?
He could work with Germany to stop it in many ways(and he did, and was successful, it's not being used), it's just your dumb ass that thinks he must mean militarily.

Dog 2.0

Super Anarchist
Why?
He could work with Germany to stop it in many ways(and he did, and was successful, it's not being used), it's just your dumb ass that thinks he must mean militarily.
Because it now focuses suspicion on him, rightly or wrongly. That's why it was so stunningly stupid.

D

Deleted member 149385

Who Joe? The world knows he’s incompetent, I don‘t think so.

D

Deleted member 149385

This is what Joe said in February of this year, from NBC

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Monday said the U.S. would “bring an end” to the Nord Stream 2 natural gas pipeline if Russia invades Ukraine.

“If Russia invades — that means tanks or troops crossing the border of Ukraine — then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it.” Biden said while standing next to the new chancellor of Germany, Olaf Scholz, at a White House news conference.

When pressed for details on how he would keep that promise given that the pipeline is not under U.S. control, Biden did not elaborate.

“I promise you, we will be able to do it,” he told reporters.

Scholz, meanwhile, declined to take a firm stance on the fate of Nord Stream 2, telling reporters that Germany was “acting together” with its allies and promising “very, very harsh” steps against Russia if it invades Ukraine.

The U.S. has warned that the pipeline could make Germany overly reliant on Russia for energy. The Ukrainian government, which will lose out on a substantial amount of revenue due to the new pipeline, has called Nord Stream 2 an “existential threat” to its security.

Scholz has faced scrutiny over the pipeline, which bypasses Ukrainian transit infrastructure to deliver Russian gas directly to Germany. The pipeline has been built but is not yet operational.

Biden also cautioned Monday that Americans in Ukraine who are not U.S. government employees should leave the country.

"I think it would be wise to leave the country," Biden said. "I’d hate to see them get caught in a crossfire."

The United States and its NATO partners have expressed increasing concern that Russian President Vladimir Putin, who has positioned 100,000 troops near the Ukraine border, plans to invade sometime soon.

Image: President Joe Biden holds a joint news conference with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz at the White House on Feb. 7, 2022. (Leah Millis / Reuters)

Image: President Joe Biden holds a joint news conference with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz at the White House on Feb. 7, 2022. (Leah Millis / Reuters)
Biden went on to say that while Putin is "in a position now to be able to invade," the U.S. does not know whether he will take that step.

"What he's going to do, I don't know. And I don't think anybody knows but him," Biden said.

Scholz, who took over leadership of his country in December, has faced sharp criticism at home and abroad for not playing a more active role in addressing tensions between Russia and Ukraine.

Scholz has refused to send arms to Ukraine, instead offering 5,000 helmets, which Kyiv’s mayor, Vitali Klitschko, dismissed as "a joke." And Scholz has also declined to specify what type of sanctions he would support if Russia were to invade.

Scholz faced scrutiny over the controversial Nord Stream 2 pipeline, a 745-mile natural gas pipeline that bypasses Ukrainian transit infrastructure to deliver Russian gas directly to Germany.

Image: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and President Joe Biden speak to reporters before the start of a bilateral meeting in the Oval Office at the White House on Feb. 7, 2022. (Al Drago / The New York Times-Pool/Getty Images)

Image: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and President Joe Biden speak to reporters before the start of a bilateral meeting in the Oval Office at the White House on Feb. 7, 2022. (Al Drago / The New York Times-Pool/Getty Images)More
The two leaders were also expected to discuss the coronavirus pandemic, climate change, and economic and security issues, the White House said ahead of Monday's meeting.

D

Deleted member 149385

It only referenced.NS2. Dont know if 1 or 2 got cut. Maybe both. Someone else wrote here that if there’s saltwater in the pipe, it’s ruined.

D

Deleted member 149385

I genuinely hope the Basement Dummy didn’t do this. He’s way out of his depth on this.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Because it now focuses suspicion on him, rightly or wrongly. That's why it was so stunningly stupid.
It only "focuses supsicion" from people who already hate-hate-HATE him and the country he's leading.
Non-haters don't find anything suspicious in his actual words.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Somehow I CAN see Biden in a James Bond style frog suit, with a little electric propulsion device, a trident spear gun, and a limpet mine. See him dropping silently off the side of a pleasure craft called "Tits Up!", and buzzing his way to place the mine. A Russian guard sees him and attempts an interference. The trident spikes the Ruski, and he goes spinning down to the bottom like a downed MiG. A few minutes later, Biden appears on shore, looks around cautiously, and slips out of his frog suit. He's wearing an off white Palm Beach suit, with a black silk bow tie. He walks into the bar and orders a a virgin Martini, dry, shaken, not stirred... The bar tender looks confused. "Virgin Martini sir?"
Biden turns to him and smirks. "Yes Please... That's just an olive on a tooth pick, if you didn't know". Just then there's a loud "THUMP" sound out in the water and everyone runs to the windows to see what happened.... Except Biden, who just raises an eyebrow and walks out the front door. (Music starts)

D

Deleted member 149385

You won't believe Russia collusion because politicians said it, but a single polish poli implies something and suddenly you're putting it out there like the gospel.

Congratulations. Let the hypocrisy run through you oh padawan.
sorry Grrrr... I trust the Poles light years ahead of others. I still don't think Biden did it however. I don't think he could pull his zipper without attention.
Honestly, I feel for the guy. I took care of a parent like that for six years 24/7. The Dems are abusing this senior.

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
Let me guess, this guy is lining up to date MTG now that she's single. Just another idiot.
It could be a case, typical of right wingers of the American Enterprise variety, which he his, of the accusation is a confession. Read his wiki page. He thinks the US are losers. He harbors and abiding hatred of Germany.

Ukraine has always been stridently against NORD STREAM. The whole idea of it is to by-pass the Ukrainian pipelines which allowed them to be middlemen and take a cut, and doubtless some are already thinking in terms of post-war economic scenarios.

I strongly doubt Zelenski would've of signed off on such a thing but strident Ukrainian partisans working in Poland might dream it up and do it on their own. A lot of noise about drones and subs but in fact any modern fishing boat is equipped with bottom scanning sonar which provides detailed images of the bottom, particularly trawlers. No need for state of the art naval equipment to place 500lb or larger charges within a few feet of the thing. I hear seismographs recorded the explosions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 149385

It could be a case, typical of right wingers of the American Enterprise variety, which he his, of the accusation is a confession. Read his wiki page. He thinks the US are losers. He harbors and abiding hatred of Germany.

Ukraine has always been stridently against NORD STREAM. The whole idea of it is to by-pass the Ukrainian pipelines which allowed them to be middlemen and take a cut, and doubtless some are already thinking in terms of post-war economic scenarios.

I strongly doubt Zelenski would've of signed off on such a thing but strident Ukrainian partisans working in Poland might dream it up and do it on their own. A lot of noise about drones and subs but in fact any modern fishing boat is equipped with bottom scanning sonar which provides detailed images of the bottom, particularly trawlers. No need for state of the art naval equipment to place 500lb or larger charges within a few feet of the thing. I hear seismographs recorded the explosions.
apologies oh great and wise one. who had the capability at that depth to do this horrible thing. Trawlers? No frikken way. Submersible tractors next? Fanciful. I don't know who did it. I don't pretend too. Whomever did is screwing with quite a few people who would be the victim. Not cool if we did it or anyone else.

D

Deleted member 149385

ok - but there are only two ends to this - the pitcher or the catcher. who controls each? This is a pretty major thing. what interests are served by this?

Latest posts