Did he do it?

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
ok - but there are only two ends to this - the pitcher or the catcher. who controls each? This is a pretty major thing. what interests are served by this?
The pig goes in the source end of the pipeline and works its way downstream. So it would have been inserted at the Vyborg terminal.
The point was that destroying a pipeline doesn't take high-tech super CIA frogmen with Jewish space lasers. It's pretty easy and there are number of ways to do it.

BTW: There was some reporting that Russian ships and/or subs were in the area prior to the explosion. I would take that reporting with a grain of salt since Russian ships and subs regularly operate in that area. It could just be a coincidence. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/28/politics/nord-stream-pipeline-leak-russian-navy-ships/index.html

I have no idea why Russia would want to destroy this pipeline, but I suspect it may be to force all gas shipments via pipeline through Ukraine. There is some 3D chess going on here I don't understand.

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
I think it was a false flag done by Russia, to enable them to ramp up their threats of nuclear war and get the Russian citizenry back onside - including distracting them from the current losses in Ukraine. This is why Russia wants a UNSC meeting; to blame the US for it.

D

Deleted member 149385

The pig goes in the source end of the pipeline and works its way downstream. So it would have been inserted at the Vyborg terminal.
The point was that destroying a pipeline doesn't take high-tech super CIA frogmen with Jewish space lasers. It's pretty easy and there are number of ways to do it.

BTW: There was some reporting that Russian ships and/or subs were in the area prior to the explosion. I would take that reporting with a grain of salt since Russian ships and subs regularly operate in that area. It could just be a coincidence. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/28/politics/nord-stream-pipeline-leak-russian-navy-ships/index.html

I have no idea why Russia would want to destroy this pipeline, but I suspect it may be to force all gas shipments via pipeline through Ukraine. There is some 3D chess going on here I don't understand.
agreed - but the major Russian stuff in the lower Baltic is from Kaliningrad. ask me how I know. still. I've heard that its to punish Europe, while still getting sales in the East. Chipmunnk chatter. Yes, a deep anchor could also do that but the Swedes would know. This just has to be a major fuckup.

D

Deleted member 149385

I think it was a false flag done by Russia, to enable them to ramp up their threats of nuclear war and get the Russian citizenry back onside - including distracting them from the current losses in Ukraine. This is why Russia wants a UNSC meeting; to blame the US for it.
I think that's beyond even them. How many hundreds of millions of revenue go through that? Russia desperately needs the foreign revenue.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
When he arrived in the New Worod, Hernan Cortés burned his ships so his men were well motivated, subsequently conquering the Aztecs.

Putin has probably killed how many oligarchs & high ranking bureaucrats involved with the energy sector since January?

Getting rid of a means to drive negotiations with the west helps lock Russia into a confrontational stance.

Russia couldn’t help the EU this winter now even if they killed Putin and sued for peace. Blowing up Nordstream cancels a big profit motive and a big chip for anyone scheming with the EU or the USA.

The oligarchs are pissed, and Putin’s trying to hang on for dear life. He’s now sabotaging national assets for personal power if my theory is correct.

I think he’s toast.

D

Deleted member 149385

When he arrived in the New Worod, Hernan Cortés burned his ships so his men were well motivated, subsequently conquering the Aztecs.

Putin has probably killed how many oligarchs & high ranking bureaucrats involved with the energy sector since January?

Getting rid of a means to drive negotiations with the west helps lock Russia into a confrontational stance.

Russia couldn’t help the EU this winter now even if they killed Putin and sued for peace. Blowing up Nordstream cancels a big profit motive and a big chip for anyone scheming with the EU or the USA.

The oligarchs are pissed, and Putin’s trying to hang on for dear life. He’s now sabotaging national assets for personal power if my theory is correct.

I think he’s toast.
He’s definitely fucked himself, but that was with his ‘Special Operations, I genuinely don’t see a way out, an Exit Strategy, whatever you want to call it. Millions of Russians love him, with his call up, no longer. The Russians I know were horrified by this. Putins delusions of grandeur are now coming at a price the people don’t want to pay for. Attack Mother Russia? They’re all in. This? No way. ’

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself

I think he’s toast.
Man, I don't know. The oligarchs are definitely pissed, but my understanding (weak at best) is that the oligarchs are in a subservient position to Putin. Not the other way around (correct me if I'm wrong here). He allows them to exist at his pleasure. If they get pissed and start making noise, Putin merely tosses the offending party out the nearest hospital window. Problem solved. So I don't see how blowing up NS1/2 really sends an effective message to the oligarchs that couldn't be done more "hands on."

On the other hand, taking out the NS pipeline definitely makes the pipelines running through Belarus and Ukraine much more valuable and possibly a means of justifying the war in Ukraine further (only Dog believed the de-Nazifying thing). Since they are now the only gas pipelines running out of Russia, the Russian's most certainly can't let them fall into evil Ukrainian hands. By disabling the NS pipeline he really wasn't giving much up anyway. NS2 wasn't complete and NS1 is a rusty POS that got turned off to teach Europe a lesson. I think NS1/2 are all about Ukraine and galvanizing internal Russian support for the war. But quite honestly, have no flipping idea and it could be Putin is riddled with syphilis and has lost his mind just like Trump.

I do know one thing for sure. Joe Biden didn't do it. I based that completely on the fact that RWNJ media says he did.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
They've begun wearing makeup? I'd think that'd be tough in the ocean.
Not at all. It's all the rage in the beluga scene. I think the pierced blowhole and fins are going a little too far though.
1664507552954.png

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
On the other hand, taking out the NS pipeline definitely makes the pipelines running through Belarus and Ukraine much more valuable and possibly a means of justifying the war in Ukraine further (only Dog believed the de-Nazifying thing).
This is justification for both sides to continue the war.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
This is justification for both sides to continue the war.
Exactly. From the beginning it seems that Putin is trying everything he can, short of a direct attack, to draw NATO into a conflict. I'm not sure why he would do that, since the entire world now knows his military is a gigantic rusting POS and his troops are second to just about everyone, but he seems aching for a fight with the west. This is probably one of those massive ego things I'm just not able to understand. Luckily, we don't have a clown for a president and NATO isn't taking the bait (if that's what's going on).

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Meh. To be honest I'm not impressed enough to care who did it. Blowing up a shutdown pipeline is far from a strategic threat. So whoever did it.. frankly good on 'em. I like that it will hurt Russia's ability to generate revenue.

Now if you really want to make an impression, go and cut a submarine communications cable. Much cleaner than nuclear weapons and far more damaging.
Land locked nations are a bit better off as terrestrial cables are far more numerous and harder to get them all. But cutting a submarine cable effects continents not nations, so they're still fucked eventually.

Dog 2.0

Super Anarchist
You won't believe Russia collusion because politicians said it, but a single polish poli implies something and suddenly you're putting it out there like the gospel.

Congratulations. Let the hypocrisy run through you oh padawan.
I didn't believe Russian collusion because I correctly saw it as a Democratic hoax. I posted the MEP's tweet to demonstrate that people outside the country thought the US was responsible.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Recorded phone calls show how Trump routinely tried to extort public officials both here at home and abroad.

It’s one thing to take these steps for the good of the country or to further policy. But TFG did it for personal profit and power.

Not surprised @Dog 2.0 doesnt recognize when his hero is pissing on him, I mean, weather happens, right? And dogs are often left out in the rain, so he expects to get wet.

Dog 2.0

Super Anarchist
Recorded phone calls show how Trump routinely tried to extort public officials both here at home and abroad.

It’s one thing to take these steps for the good of the country or to further policy. But TFG did it for personal profit and power.

Not surprised @Dog 2.0 doesnt recognize when his hero is pissing on him, I mean, weather happens, right? And dogs are often left out in the rain, so he expects to get wet.
What is your source for this? I'm not saying it's not true, only that I won't take your word for it.
If true it would make him no better than Joe Biden.

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
What is your source for this? I'm not saying it's not true, only that I won't take your word for it.
If true it would make him no better than Joe Biden.
My source was a the Trump-Zelensky phone call and the Trump-Raffensberger phone call.

What is your source for saying Biden did the same, pressuring foreign and domestic leaders for personal profit or power? Make sure his actions weren’t part of, for example, an international effort to address corruption in Ukraine conducted with the knowledge and support of our state department and intelligence service.

If you cannot supply such a source then we know you’re just flinging shit at the wall again.