Dilbar Seized by the German European Union

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
update.

Detained:

1. *Dilbar (Usmanov, Germany). Reportedly, the crew has been dismissed and all work on the yacht has stopped.
  2. *Amore Vero (Sechin, France)
  3. *Lady M (Mordashov, Italy) (Note: Mordashov's other yacht, Nord, was last seen in the Seychelles)
  4. *Lena (Timchenko, Italy)

Sanctioned - and on the run - so keep an eye out:

1. *Valerie (Chemezov, Barcelona, Spain)
  2. *Tango (Vekselberg, Palma de Mallorca, Spain)
  3. *Nord (Mordashov, last seen in Seychelles)
  4. *Clio (Deripaska, heading toward Maldives?)
  5. *Sea Rhapsody (Kostin, Seychelles)
  6. *Rahil (Arkady Rotenberg, last seen in Turkey in November)
  7. *Dream (Frolov, last seen in Croatia)
  8. *Royal Romance (Medvedchuk, last seen in Croatia)
  9. *Madame Gu (Skoch, last seen in Dubai)
  10. Abramovich's yacht Eclipse, is on the move. She left St. Martin March 4 and is now in the North Atlantic. Unclear if she is heading toward Gibraltar or more north. Maybe Murmansk?

In Barcelona shipyard (as pictured):

1. Aurora (Molchanov), currently under scaffolding
  2. Palladium (Prokhorov), currently under scaffolding
  3. Valerie (Chemezov, sanctioned)
  4. Solaris (Abramovich) (my precious)

FNQJsz5XoAUMZmr

Go Left

Super Anarchist
Seattle
They posted over the weekend saying that until further notice they won't be allowing any Russian or Belarusian sailors, shore crew or officials. 

Nothing from any of these fleets yet - will be interesting to see if they follow the 52s. The 44s probably have the biggest Russian involvement with 2 flagged boats and at least one more owner. 
Well, good on the 52s.  Brononosec is owned by the owner of Gazprom as I understand it.  So maybe that's one more toy he won't be able to play with.

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
a cost liability.   such as maintaining the big bitch.    keeping the chrome polished and the strippers fed.   finding a place to put it.   that kinda stuff.   

I got to know a couple super yacht capt's when I did some time in the BVI, and some of the numbers were staggering.     like, larger than the GDP of some of the islands that were plugged into them while they were moored 
it just occurred to me - these thieves might elude capture - and running dark across the N. Atlantic does sound like a lark. because damn, who doesn't want to be a pirate?

but, when safely tied up at the dock in Murmansk, what good is it? The fucking oligarchs gonna pay for maintenance with nowhere to go? no warm water to play in? no string bikinis to be worn?

the damage is already done. the oligarchs will never enjoy their yachts again. smart move might have been a "charitable donation" when they still had the chance..

Liquid

NFLTG
Over there
A unused super yacht with bills is part of super yacht life! 

You still gotta pay for the other 4 super yachts, 3 mansions and an island while you're flying your custom 737 to you're flag ship yacht...

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Maldives gonna look like a jewelry shop to some Indian Ocean pirates. Maybe one of those Somalian bases needs donations to afford the fuel for a big trip?

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
A unused super yacht with bills is part of super yacht life! 

You still gotta pay for the other 4 super yachts, 3 mansions and an island while you're flying your custom 737 to you're flag ship yacht...
Raises some interesting questions , if a yacht of the super variety is seized.

Does that mean the Ruskie owner is off the hook for expenses 100k USD a day.

Insurances,  Crew wages or are they still obligated to fork out based on an ever decreasing net worth, oh the humanity - don’t think it really gonna affect them , too many layers and hedge funds……perhaps.

The rich getting richer for all the wrong reasons.

NZK

Anarchist
Roaming
Raises some interesting questions , if a yacht of the super variety is seized.

Does that mean the Ruskie owner is off the hook for expenses 100k USD a day.
I was wondering about this. I noticed some of the boats included in these lists were actually not being referred to as 'seized' by the authorities but 'arrested' or 'prevented from departing' - I think this is the case with Dilbar, it hasn't actually been seized but impounded and unable to leave the dock it's attached to (or hauled out on). I was assuming this was because someone realised that if they actually seized the yacht then the responsibility is also transferred. By simply preventing it's movement the owner remains responsible for operation, insurance etc which even on a 'ghost' crew is going to be a phenomenal amount.

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
I noticed some of the boats included in these lists were actually not being referred to as 'seized' by the authorities but 'arrested' or 'prevented from departing'
It's my understanding that property cannot be truly seized without due process - but I can see most of the media seems to throw this term around anyway..

Liquid

NFLTG
Over there
Dilbar is under multi $100M refit, what's that going to take, 2-3 years? That's why you need more than one super yacht!

I read that one of the impounded yacht's crew were all laid off as the sanctioned owner didn't pay the managing company.

Latest posts