Do you trust Barr?

Rumbulls

Super Anarchist
Boyne City
Liar. 

[SIZE=17pt]■ Mr. Barr said during a news conference that he gave Mr. Trump’s lawyers advance access this week to "REDACTED VERSION OF" Mr. Mueller’s report before it was to be sent to Congress and made public. Mr. Trump’s lawyers did not ask for any redactions.[/SIZE]
He specifically stated redacted.

Consistent with long-standing Executive Branch practice, the decision whether to assert Executive privilege over any portion of the report rested with the President of the United States. Because the White House voluntarily cooperated with the Special Counsel's investigation, significant portions of the report contain material over which the President could have asserted privilege. And he would have been well within his rights to do so. Following my March 29th letter, the Office of the White House Counsel requested the opportunity to review the redacted version of the report in order to advise the President on the potential invocation of privilege, which is consistent with long-standing practice. Following that review, the President confirmed that, in the interests of transparency and full disclosure to the American people, he would not assert privilege over the Special Counsel's report. Accordingly, the public report I am releasing today contains redactions only for the four categories that I previously outlined, and no material has been redacted based on executive privilege.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6936383/Attorney-General-Bill-Barr-reveals-redacted-Mueller-report.html

Ishmael

Fuctifino
I'm curious as to what Barr is going to get for this sham. Is he just a Total Republican, where anything is OK as long as it's a win for the team? Is he looking at a nice villa in France and a lifetime income? $25 million in an offshore bank account? The destruction of pictures of him and underage boys in motels? I'm having trouble with the motivation for him to go out there and crucify himself for this sleazeball of a *resident.

Rumbulls

Super Anarchist
Boyne City
So yes... Let's prosecute the POTUS for being pissed off about a 2yr investigation that found no coordination/collusion.... DERP

Sounds like a good practice.   

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
I'm curious as to what Barr is going to get for this sham. Is he just a Total Republican, where anything is OK as long as it's a win for the team? Is he looking at a nice villa in France and a lifetime income? $25 million in an offshore bank account? The destruction of pictures of him and underage boys in motels? I'm having trouble with the motivation for him to go out there and crucify himself for this sleazeball of a *resident.
 He is following the guidelines set out by congress.

He has released the full report with required redactions.

Trump did not exercise executive privilege on any part.  

He is sending the report without redactions to certain members of Congress.

He is testifying before congress

Mueller is being allowed to testify to Congress. 

What sham do you speak of??? 

Oh yeah it didn’t have the results you so desperately wanted. 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
 He is following the guidelines set out by congress.

He has released the full report with required redactions.

Trump did not exercise executive privilege on any part.  

He is sending the report without redactions to certain members of Congress.

He is testifying before congress

Mueller is being allowed to testify to Congress. 

Oh yeah it didn’t have the results you so desperately wanted. 
I guess it's because Barr looked like a vetriloquist's puppet with Trump's arm up his ass. Since when is "no collusion" an Attorney General finding? No conspiracy, ok, maybe. No discussion of the convictions, etc that paint the Campaign in a very unflattering light. 

I expected a legal review, instead I got partisan bullshittery.

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
I guess it's because Barr looked like a vetriloquist's puppet with Trump's arm up his ass. Since when is "no collusion" an Attorney General finding? No conspiracy, ok, maybe. No discussion of the convictions, etc that paint the Campaign in a very unflattering light. 

I expected a legal review, instead I got partisan bullshittery.
Like I said you didn’t get the result you wanted.  

Did you ever watch a Holder press conference or interview? Lynch? Gonzales? Ashcroft?  Janet Reno?

Did they ever ever say anything negative about their bosses?

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
Any doubt that The Joke hasn't bothered to attempt to read the report or anything about the report?

It appears from Trump on down the strategy is "just bullshit".
It worked for Trump for decades. Just believe good old PT Barnum and everything will be the bestest.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

Did you ever watch a Holder press conference or interview? Lynch? Gonzales? Ashcroft?  Janet Reno?

Can’t say I watched one.  And why do you think I would expect Barr to paint the boss in a negative light? That’s one thing, but to use the Boss’s twitter language is another.

as to “what I wanted” it was simple. An investigation into Russian interference in the US election. I think we got that, and it’s not a pretty picture. I’m damn glad a candidate didn’t willingly conspire with a foreign power. I’m not sure our system could handle that level of betrayal. Now, should I give them a pass for being stupid and unwillingly breaking the law. I won’t. You will.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Can’t say I watched one.  And why do you think I would expect Barr to paint the boss in a negative light? That’s one thing, but to use the Boss’s twitter language is another.

as to “what I wanted” it was simple. An investigation into Russian interference in the US election. I think we got that, and it’s not a pretty picture. I’m damn glad a candidate didn’t willingly conspire with a foreign power. I’m not sure our system could handle that level of betrayal. Now, should I give them a pass for being stupid and unwillingly breaking the law. I won’t. You will.
You must be talking about Obama. Because he was briefed about the Russian efforts  and it was under his watch that the interference occurred. 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
You must be talking about Obama. Because he was briefed about the Russian efforts  and it was under his watch that the interference occurred. 
umm, no. Obama was not a candidate. And I'm glad a Candidate did not conspire with a foreign power. I thought you'd agree with at least that...

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Russia tried its best to impede and control a national election. Trump and his family, and campaign were aware of those efforts, and at a minimum did nothing to stop Russia's interference. Later, as President Trump, he actively tried to derail investigations into those facts. We have a national security problem because of those efforts, and we need to have a national discussion about what to do about it.

The Joker

Super Anarchist
World of Shit
Russia tried its best to impede and control a national election. Trump and his family, and campaign were aware of those efforts, and at a minimum did nothing to stop Russia's interference. Later, as President Trump, he actively tried to derail investigations into those facts. We have a national security problem because of those efforts, and we need to have a national discussion about what to do about it.
The only president that was aware of Russia’s efforts at the time was Obama. 

He did nothing about it.  He even assured the American  public that it wasn’t a threat.  

phillysailor

Super Anarchist

He did nothing about it.  He even assured the American  public that it wasn’t a threat.  
Do you think he made a mistake?

Do you understand his reluctance, as s Democrat, to call attention to Russian activity on behalf of Trump? 

badlatitude

Super Anarchist

Oh, Puhleeze, Trump knew about the Trump Tower meeting, he knew about Flynn, and as we will see, he knew much, much, more. Mitch McConnell was the one who refused to let the information out, he said it would swing the election to Clinton. That's why it's no one spoke of it. 

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Unlike Trump's usual toadys, the man looked totally uncomfortable delivering that little speech.

What was the point of it? It didn't really do anything to "Sway" the populace in Trumps favour. 

I feel kinda sorry for him (Barr) and rosenstein looked like he was trying to play poker with a roomful of Hollywood pirates.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne

And there you have it..Joker thinks Trump is Barrs BOSS..explains a lot.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Unlike Trump's usual toadys, the man looked totally uncomfortable delivering that little speech.

What was the point of it? It didn't really do anything to "Sway" the populace in Trumps favour. 

I feel kinda sorry for him (Barr) and rosenstein looked like he was trying to play poker with a roomful of Hollywood pirates.
Don’t feel sorry for Barr, he actually campaigned for the role.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Both Barr, and Trump work for the people. We can fire them at any time, but we have to get our supervisors on board (Congress critters, senate snakes).

We The People, hold the power, but it is a slow hand to slap. It takes lots of time, and undoubtedly lots of money to change the way things are..... This is not 1868. (MAGA!!!)

Latest posts