Dodger canvas replacement cost?

DDW

Super Anarchist
We used the Flex-A-Rail to attach the fabric to our hardtop as well. It was glued on with Plexus. Still there after 13 years.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
If that’s a plastic track …they don’t stand the test of time

it’s possible that this durability doesn’t matter…just replace

the advantage with aluminum is durability and paint ability

it’s common to fit, prime , then fair in with epoxy filler a luff track

Hale Moana

Morro Bay
The aluminum track has a flange making it basically impossible to bend to fit the compound curve of the the front of the dodger. Could have used it on the sides. Decided to have everything the same. My plastic track has been in use for almost 15 years and shows no sign of failure. Being out of the sun I am sure helps with that. It is inexpensive. When it fails I'll just replace it.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
The aluminum track has a flange making it basically impossible to bend to fit the compound curve of the the front of the dodger. Could have used it on the sides. Decided to have everything the same. My plastic track has been in use for almost 15 years and shows no sign of failure. Being out of the sun I am sure helps with that. It is inexpensive. When it fails I'll just replace it.
This style of aluminum track bends to reasonably tight 90 degree radius

remember to insert a plug into the track to keep it from kinking

a plastic rod or firm rope works as a anti kink plug

the other style with a flange needs to be Kerfed before bending

AA734919-2F38-4B67-9D28-616190A05003.png

Hale Moana

Morro Bay
A simple radius with the opening to the outside of the radius. Yes. But can it bend in two directions at the same time. A compound curve. And with the opening to the inside of the radius. Doubt full.