Don’t get scammed for concert tix

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Fuck you goddamn mother fuckers 
ticketsale.com. Got me good. 
I bought 4 tickets for Béla fleck are Carnegie y’all for Sunday. Way back in October. It was a belenfleck website announcing his concert. Said click here from r tickets. I bought 4 tickets $180 ea. ( which I’d gladly paY for  this one of time concert ) after taxes and fees I coughed up over $1000.  Tix came in mail today. Face value $25 ea. (AND they are obstructed view seats to boot)
I called box office and they said that ticketsale.com was not associated with Carnegie Hall box office but was a third party ticket seller.  Said they couldn’t do anything but sorry. Fuck that bullshit.  I am soonfucking pissed right now 

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
Fuck you goddamn mother fuckers 
ticketsale.com. Got me good. 
I bought 4 tickets for Béla fleck are Carnegie y’all for Sunday. Way back in October. It was a belenfleck website announcing his concert. Said click here from r tickets. I bought 4 tickets $180 ea. ( which I’d gladly paY for  this one of time concert ) after taxes and fees I coughed up over $1000.  Tix came in mail today. Face value $25 ea. (AND they are obstructed view seats to boot)
I called box office and they said that ticketsale.com was not associated with Carnegie Hall box office but was a third party ticket seller.  Said they couldn’t do anything but sorry. Fuck that bullshit.  I am soonfucking pissed right now 
Sorry to hear of your predicament, and you're not the first time I have heard this.  I too have had this happen when getting some tickets for the Santa Barbara Bowl... overpriced shitty seats. With the exception of Ticketmaster, many of the 3rd party sellers are schmucks Ticketmaster is downright expensive, but I have never had a problem with them. Now, I go direct to the venue as they usually keep the good seats for their internal sales and buy from them if possible.

Usually, when buying tickets, you are able to select your seats prior to purchase. Have you called them to let them know these are not the tickets you paid for?  It could be an honest mistake.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
This is why I print my own tix.... Solves all sorts of problems.

I saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones in New Haven about 30 years ago. It was a really good show, but nobody seemed to understand the music, myself included....

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
Sorry to hear of your predicament, and you're not the first time I have heard this.  I too have had this happen when getting some tickets for the Santa Barbara Bowl... overpriced shitty seats. With the exception of Ticketmaster, many of the 3rd party sellers are schmucks Ticketmaster is downright expensive, but I have never had a problem with them. Now, I go direct to the venue as they usually keep the good seats for their internal sales and buy from them if possible.

Usually, when buying tickets, you are able to select your seats prior to purchase. Have you called them to let them know these are not the tickets you paid for?  It could be an honest mistake.
Bought our U2 Joshua Tree tour tickets 5 years ago or so by joining their fan club. Got the tickets and a bunch of vinyl records. Great show, reasonable price. We are lucky I guess in the Bay Area for whatever reason. All the venues you are buying actual seats you can see on a plan on line. I think we go though secondaries most of the time. You just cough it up and get er done. It’s fucked up for sure. 

last time I saw Bela he was with Stanley Clark and Jean luc ponty in a trio at the mountain winery in Saratoga. He was out gunned and out classed and he knew it. Joked about it when he got the mike. Good guy. He held up ok. Stanley Clark on an acoustic bass solo is a fucking monster and JLP was much better than I expected him to be. Total pro and very close to Clark with chops and improvisation. Bela was a better show with his own group many years before with future man. 

geez, having kids is a bitch. 15 to 20 years just fucking disappear

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

This is why I print my own tix.... Solves all sorts of problems.

I saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones in New Haven about 30 years ago. It was a really good show, but nobody seemed to understand the music, myself included....

That’s future man! Thanks!

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
The show was a cumulation of his tour for his newest album my Bluegrass heart.  Album had every great bluegrass musician in the planet play on it. And over the tour they have come in and played in various cities. This concert at Carnegie Hall was every one of those musicians together. Not to be missed concert so when I saw the price tag of $180 per seat I didn’t flinch. The only problem was the tickets were only $25 each from the box office but I didn’t know that. What I paid to this douche bag company for third-party tickets I could’ve been frontRow  and center  If I had purchased them through the box office which I thought I was doing 

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
You're not alone. 

The banjo is an often misunderstood instrument.  I know my opinion might be considered heresy by many but I regard the banjo somewhere between the bagpipes and the accordion.  When played well it can be very nice but otherwise...

You have to give Bela Fleck credit for making a successful career as probably the only jazz/fusion banjo player ever.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
I went to see Bruce Springsteen in Berlin in 2016.  The show was at the Olympic stadium, built by Hitler for the 1936 Olympics.  It's massive, it seats 80,000 people for a soccer match.  

So being that it was Bruce, I wanted the best view of the show.  They had an area in front of the stage fenced off which held about 200 people standing.  The ticket price was $150 dollars but of course the resellers snapped up the tickets in minutes. I paid a big reseller almost $300 a ticket for my friend, my wife and myself.  Even at that price, it was well worth it and we stood about 35 feet from the stage.  At least I knew what I was paying for.

Bruce Berlin RS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
My condolences on getting scalped.  Bend there, done that.  On a positive note, at least they are not counterfeit tickets.

It's still going to be an absolutely bitchin' concert.  Try to put your completely understandable mistake and anger behind you so that you can enjoy it.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
My condolences on getting scalped.  Bend there, done that.  On a positive note, at least they are not counterfeit tickets.

It's still going to be an absolutely bitchin' concert.  Try to put your completely understandable mistake and anger behind you so that you can enjoy it.
AND....I have 1 ticket to any Anarchist who wants to go with me......free.  (my fucking banjo player in my band who was going just tested pos for rona)

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
AND....I have 1 ticket to any Anarchist who wants to go with me......free.  (my fucking banjo player in my band who was going just tested pos for rona)
That's beyond ironic.  Poor guy.

If I were close I would jump on it.  Been a Fleck fan since the early 80s when he joined New Grass Revival. 

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland

If I were close I would jump on it.  Been a Fleck fan since the early 80s when he joined New Grass Revival. 
I thought the "New Grass Revival" was when more and more states legalized weed!   :rolleyes:

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY

Sam Bush will be there Sunday in the band 

Windward

Super Anarchist
Can you buy any $25 seats any longer?   If you can, you might as well if they are better located.

You are committed at this point.

It's only money.   Cheap compared to boating.