Don't MoveTo Florida

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
NOISE: It has to be the worst state for noise, ie constant daily use of 2cyl weed wacker, lawn mowers , side walk trimmers and the worst leaf blowers , Leaf blowers are really stupid, they just keep blowing trimmings and dirt around and it never really goes any were, I watch one guy blowing against the wind for hours . Then you have motor cycles , they need loud pipes , why ? you only hear them after they pass you doing 90. or driving up and down the same street " look at me I'm an old fuck on a Harley,                             Then you have the noddle ladies all xxx#'s ( walking in the pool without moving ) screaming at each other across the pool about cousin vinny's medical problems! or that they ate a whole cake last night. Then the noise of trains, planes and power boats with 4-6 outboards on the back

Next Old Jersey drivers , watch an old guy with fat fingers trying to text and drive, then they go from right lane across 4 lanes to make a left only to realize they wanted to right all along, Today one stop in the middle of the road deciding which way to go, and the only choice was to make a right WTF

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
NOISE: It has to be the worst state for noise, ie constant daily use of 2cyl weed wacker, lawn mowers , side walk trimmers and the worst leaf blowers , Leaf blowers are really stupid, they just keep blowing trimmings and dirt around and it never really goes any were, I watch one guy blowing against the wind for hours .
If you outlawe bloweres, onley outlawes wille haive them.                                            :)

Windward

Super Anarchist
The inability to grasp the concept of a zipper merge crosses over all age ranges.  

But not vehicle brands.

Florida also has those pesky toll roads.  They seem to pop up in all sorts of random places for random distances.  There has to be a logic to it somehow.

Fiddling for change and cash is a pain.  (yes I know about the pass)

Not for nothing

Super Anarchist
jupiter
BravoBravo said:
Florida also has decided circle intersections are a good idea, maybe in some places, but the diameter and volume need to be in proportion, that and PSA’s on the rules of the road entering and exiting a traffic circle need to be pounded into peoples heads 
Lets see a bunch of old Jerseyites in a traffic circle ,love to hear the google maps " turn left now, turn left now turn left now".                                                                                                  They could put bleachers and call it "The Daytona Forever "

NASCAR= Newark Adult Slow Cars Around Rotary

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
BravoBravo said:
Lets see a bunch of old Jerseyites in a traffic circle ,love to hear the google maps " turn left now, turn left now turn left now".                                                                                                  They could put bleachers and call it "The Daytona Forever "

LOL...I have encountered some converted intersections with very very tight circles...bumper cars....the police write up should be amusing as those in the accidents won't even know how it happened  
The NC highway department has a love affair with roundabouts/rotaries a few years back. Seems to have died down. To be effective, they need to take up a lot of land. And they need speed bumps in the entry lane, because a lot of people seem to think that entering at 65mph without looking is just fine. Probably the same people who enter the highway from the merge lane at 30 without looking

- DSK

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker

i remember my fav traffic circle incident..    lady wanting to make the right hand turn , sitting in the circle blocking traffic, as  she was waiting on cars on the main hey artery to pass by,   she almost had a full circle waiting on her,  including me, about 12 cars back...  there were gaps a semi could have gotten through, but i'm guessing she didn't want to see any cars on the hwy coming at her..    she had her driver's window down, so i rolled mine down and shouted at her,

"hey lady, what do you want? a written invitation"  as loud as i could..

she throws the car into park, storms out of her car to the one behind her and starts giving the befuddled guy, the 10th degree..   all the other cars are laughing their asses off..

when she was done, she storms back to her car, throws it in drive and the very next gap,  probably 10x smaller than she let go by,  she stomps on the gas and shoots across..

thank god there wasn't an accident..

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
aGgqnqG_460swp.webp

Jkdubz808

Megatron
Stuart, FL
BravoBravo said:
Florida also has decided circle intersections are a good idea, maybe in some places, but the diameter and volume need to be in proportion, that and PSA’s on the rules of the road entering and exiting a traffic circle need to be pounded into peoples heads 
In Stuart we have the roundabout from hell. Weird exits, two lanes deep. Locals call it confusion corner. You can definitely tell the locals from the snowbirds. 

I have been home for one fucking day, and already had two near misses with snowbirds.....

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
You have to be a pretty fucking incompetent driver to not be able to get around a roundabout.

They put big planters on most of them here - if they don't a lot of morons drive up & over them. :rolleyes:

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
Funny thing is watching USAians in a UK roundabout. Our first instinct is to be over on the left side of the road - but going the wrong way round :eek:

* I actually did that one night in Edinburgh, but no one else was around.