Don't MoveTo Florida

Windward

Super Anarchist
No way that is real.

My mother did drive straight through one we have on the island. She can't do that anymore, they put bushes in the middle of it :lol:
Plenty of Youtube gold to watch of people blasting over roundabouts.   Sort of a quandary.  Put in big rocks and statues, people die.  Bushes and berms = impressive launches.  

Perhaps a sand pit would be best.  If you can keep the cats out.

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
I never gave Picadilly Circus a second thought til I saw it and snapped on what that meant.
A tough drive:

Fly all night, arrive at Heathrow 0600 local time, pre GPS days, and grab a rental to fight your way through London traffic to get to Scotland. Good thing the sun was still low so I had a sense of direction :rolleyes:

Note to UK road sign makers: Cambridge this way Oxford that way or similar only helps those who have a good idea where those places are in relation to where you want to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
It could be worse. Everywhere in the world - except France - traffic entering a roundabout yields to cars already in it.

I leave it to you to guess how the French do it.

Something that drives me nuts at roundabouts is people who stop in them while they figure out where to go - instead of circling until they figure it out.

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
Noosa is the spiritual home of the roundabout in Australia.  About a year ago I noticed an extraordinary number of vehicles stopping before entering the roundabouts - guess what?  The Queensland driving instructors are teaching them to do that!

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Note to UK road sign makers: Cambridge this way Oxford that way or similar only helps those who have a good idea where those places are in relation to where you want to go.
Pretty much the same in all of Europe.  I have been driving all around here for many years and I don't think I have ever seen a the words north, south, east, or west on any road sign unless it was in the name of the town that the sign was pointing to.  

I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't use cardinal points on signs.  The only reason I heard that made sense was the French started not using them to confuse the Germans if they ever invaded again, and the rest of Europe thought it was a good idea.

The upside is I have learned a lot about European geography, and I have seen some interesting things while I was temporarily lost.  Or as I would tell my daughter while desperately trying to find the right road, "Were not lost honey, I know we are in Europe, I am just a little misguided right now, that's all."

foamy1946

The OC.
I thank god I was not of driving age when I lived in London in the early 50s...but what I remember was the gazzilions of Brits on bicycles.

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
72 degrees today, some clouds, with a Caribbean breeze as soft as a mother's kiss whispering through the palms.   

You definitely shouldn't move to Florida.

You deserve Joisey. 

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Pretty much the same in all of Europe.  I have been driving all around here for many years and I don't think I have ever seen a the words north, south, east, or west on any road sign unless it was in the name of the town that the sign was pointing to.  

I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't use cardinal points on signs.  The only reason I heard that made sense was the French started not using them to confuse the Germans if they ever invaded again, and the rest of Europe thought it was a good idea.

The upside is I have learned a lot about European geography, and I have seen some interesting things while I was temporarily lost.  Or as I would tell my daughter while desperately trying to find the right road, "Were not lost honey, I know we are in Europe, I am just a little misguided right now, that's all."
"Right Now"?

I don't buy the French signage story - the first thing in war is to take down all the road signs. Or move them around to confuse things.

chester

Super Anarchist
Lets see a bunch of old Jerseyites in a traffic circle ,love to hear the google maps " turn left now, turn left now turn left now".                                                                                                  They could put bleachers and call it "The Daytona Forever "

NASCAR= Newark Adult Slow Cars Around Rotary
:):)

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
if they only alter it a little for the rednecks too..
I believe the term is "crackers." You know, the locals. 

BITD, a lotta folks drove around with a front license plate reading, "Native" over a the state outline.

My fave was one old bird with a white PU with a mimic plate that read "Who Cares?"

'Course I'm from Hermosa Beach where cool began early in 1942.

Sail4beer

Super Anarchist
Toms River,NJ
Florida crackers

Those were the old cowboys that herded the cows down to Ft. ************ to be shipped to Cuba, cracking the whip the whole way